Solo Dungeons closing in red & black zones

    • Borbarad wrote:

      ItsNewbie wrote:

      I guess those players that like to have an unfair advantage (PvP geared, looking for a fight, can attack unsuspecting player while they are engaged by MOBs) are now going to have a harsher time in finding a fight where they have a clear advantage.

      If you are truly looking for a fair 1 v 1 fight, then corrupted dungeons are the content you are looking for. They even have a ladder system (Infamy) that allows you to brag and show your awesomeness.

      This change just makes it harder for non-consensual PvP, which if you take a minute and think about it from a business perspective, is a feature that only attracts a small hardcore player base. SBI can't be successful targeting only those players as their primary audience as they will go broke.

      If you also bring into context the change to Ravens and the fact their fear wont work on mounted players and you will see SBI are making solid business decisions to appeal to a wider audience than just hardcore PvPers. Combine that with the dismount cc immunity and you can see SBI are trying to reduce the non-consensual aspect of PvP in AO without completely removing it.

      If you truly like AO, this is a decision that will help with the long term health of the game.
      You are wrong, you dont understand what people find interesting in this game. People who reside in yellow and blue zones aren´t core audience in this game, and even if you make black and red zone safer, they will stay in blue and yellow zones anyway.
      This game´s economy revolves around full loot mechanic. Take this away, and this game will die. People are interested in full loot pvp, it is what makes this game fun. Why do you think that the new mmorpg ( that was delayed for a long time lul ) from amazon that was supposed to be full loot pvp made so many people excited, and when they said they pvp will be toogable, that people lashed out and nobody was interested in game after that ? It´s because full loot makes the game more fun, more interesting.

      Without full loot, there is literally no danger. No adrenaline. It is like world of warcraft experience - it is like having a tea party. No epic fights. Just grind, for you cannot lose.

      But when you cannot lose, you also cannot win.
      • Did you make a poll for this baseless claim of "you don't understand what people find interesting"?
      • Why shouldn't be people in blue and yellow zones be a core audience, and why are you evidently unable to ask yourself the question "Are they staying in safe zones out of their free will, or just because red and black zones are full-loot PvP with no way to opt-out"?
      • If everyone just does solo or group PvE dungeons and sells that loot on the marketplace the game "will die"?
      • Did you make a poll for your baseless claim of "People are interested in full loot PvP"? I couldn't care less about any kind of forced PvP, so your claim is already proven false
      • Maybe, just maybe, most people are annoyed by the complete 180° turn from Amazon, swinging from a PvP to a PvE game?
      • Full-loot PvP is just primarily a code word for "Wanting to gank low levels with close to 0 risk", "Wanting to gank solo player while in a group" and "Will run away if a better equipped or overall better player shows up": if you want actual PvP you can play Crystal League or Corrupted Dungeons, but that's not the PvP you want. You want the low-risk ganking with high rewards PvP
      • So without full-loot you feel not a shred of adrenaline? You can play a high-rank Crystal League match and you feel nothing, but ganking a low level and taking their stuff will make you feel something? Utterly laughable
      You're trying really hard to convince yourself that you want PvP, when in reality you only want the easy gank PvP style.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Lofthild ().

    • Ophill wrote:

      SBI has already replied saying that the timer will likely be longer than 1 minute, so it will definitely be possible to wait at the beginning of a dungeon, then run out to get a bubble. Even if it is 1 minute its possible to run away from players inside the dungeon for an extra 20 seconds, and then leave.

      What logic make you think the game needs safe solo pve content? Where does it stop, should the game also have safe T8 gathering options? should the game just have blue T8 zones? There are already safe dungeons in blue and yellow zones. If you dont want to deal with overpopulated areas then you should have to deal with a little more risk. These changes will not get more players out of the blue/yellow zones, those players wont risk entering the black zone at all if there's a 1% chance they could die.

      And i'm not sure what zones you go to, but when I do dungeons I go hours without seeing players in T7 and T8 zones. And corrupted dungeons are not a acceptable replacement because that is IP capped content, and does not allow me to play with friend like i can if we want to do a few dungeons together with some potential pvp.
      game has t8+ safe content, they're called HCEs , you can see people pinging for those in LFG the entire day.
      t8 gathering is pretty safe if ur in center zones. I mean you urself see that nobody is joining your maps anyway , gankers are outside ganking and the fights inside are cancerous anyway 1v5, hence the people can get the fame, the gankers get their loot when they leave the dungeon and look for another dungeon and so on
    • Borbarad wrote:


      ...

      Without full loot, there is literally no danger. No adrenaline. It is like world of warcraft experience - it is like having a tea party. No epic fights. Just grind, for you cannot lose.
      ...
      I understand your argument and in a business context you are correct. WoW is the most successfully MMO ever created.

      You misunderstood me in that the moves SBI has been doing lately are to make the game more appealing to a wider audience than what a full loot adrenaline inspiring PvP game can attract.

      I want the original vision and risk verses rewards game SBI envisaged. Reality says that people like us who want that, are not great enough in numbers to keep paying the bills and developing the game as required. So SBI are trying as I see it, to walk a fine line between completely removing non-consensual PvP and keeping t game appealing to those that want it.
      [LAT] ItsNewbie
      ----------------------
      https://www.aoherald.com/
    • Ophill wrote:

      SBI has already replied saying that the timer will likely be longer than 1 minute, so it will definitely be possible to wait at the beginning of a dungeon, then run out to get a bubble. Even if it is 1 minute its possible to run away from players inside the dungeon for an extra 20 seconds, and then leave.

      What logic make you think the game needs safe solo pve content? Where does it stop, should the game also have safe T8 gathering options? should the game just have blue T8 zones? There are already safe dungeons in blue and yellow zones. If you dont want to deal with overpopulated areas then you should have to deal with a little more risk. These changes will not get more players out of the blue/yellow zones, those players wont risk entering the black zone at all if there's a 1% chance they could die.

      And i'm not sure what zones you go to, but when I do dungeons I go hours without seeing players in T7 and T8 zones. And corrupted dungeons are not a acceptable replacement because that is IP capped content, and does not allow me to play with friend like i can if we want to do a few dungeons together with some potential pvp.
      • Point me to the Albion Online homepage where it clearly states that the game is a PvP sandbox with nothing but forced PvP outside of starter zones and I will take your serious
      • Oh nice: safe dungeons in starter areas, when BZ ones offers I''d say a multiplier of 5-10 or more in terms of fame/silver/item gains
      • Oh, so you play solo dungeons with a partner because you don't dare to venture out solo: too scared or what?
    • Lofthild wrote:

      Point me to the Albion Online homepage where it clearly states that the game is a PvP sandbox with nothing but forced PvP outside of starter zones and I will take your serious

      Oh nice: safe dungeons in starter areas, when BZ ones offers I''d say a multiplier of 5-10 or more in terms of fame/silver/item gains

      Oh, so you play solo dungeons with a partner because you don't dare to venture out solo: too scared or what?
      1. - Its the first feature listed


      2. yes that sounds fair to me. If you could get millions of silver from doing nothing, then this game would be pointless

      3. No, i do BZ dungeons solo all the time, but its nice to play with a friend.
    • ARTTYOM wrote:

      People against this change only think of themselves apparently and don't se the possibilities.
      Understand that you can still dive and get dived in to a SRD and you can get 1vX, outnumbered fights, ez kills, on the roads of avalon THE DUNGEONS DON'T CLOSE IN THERE.
      People for this change only think of themselves apparently and don't see the consequences.

      If you have played on the test server at all you would know that dungeons in the roads of avalon are extremely rare, and take a long time to respawn. SBI have said themselves that the roads are not meant to have a lot of content, but instead their purpose is to transport you to zones so you can do content there.
    • People against this change only think of themselves apparently and don't se the possibilities.
      Understand that you can still dive and get dived in to a SRD and you can get 1vX, outnumbered fights, ez kills, on the roads of avalon. THE DUNGEONS DON'T CLOSE IN THERE.

      Ophill wrote:

      ARTTYOM wrote:

      People against this change only think of themselves apparently and don't se the possibilities.
      Understand that you can still dive and get dived in to a SRD and you can get 1vX, outnumbered fights, ez kills, on the roads of avalon THE DUNGEONS DON'T CLOSE IN THERE.
      People for this change only think of themselves apparently and don't see the consequences.
      If you have played on the test server at all you would know that dungeons in the roads of avalon are extremely rare, and take a long time to respawn. SBI have said themselves that the roads are not meant to have a lot of content, but instead their purpose is to transport you to zones so you can do content there.
      Bro you are wrong... "Dungeons in the avalon roads are extremely rare" bringme proofs please and i will give u the reason... "take a lot of time to respawn" You wait for a DG to spawn ok It is not the only road in which you can find a DG.

      I played on the test server and 5 of 10 roads of avalon has at least 1 solo dg.

      "SBI have said themselves that the roads are not meant to have a lot of content" I really don't know if they said that But obviously you won't find tons of content on the roads And it is also obvious that you will not find tons of content in the SRD It seems that you are comparing an SRD with the roads.

      There is no point of comparison it is more than clear that on the roads there is much more content than a poor SRD in BZ

      You talked about consequences
      What consequences will this have? Can you list them? please.

      I said that you think only on themselves because the majority of players don't search for diving or getting dived by 3+ pks.
    • Ophill wrote:

      Lofthild wrote:

      Point me to the Albion Online homepage where it clearly states that the game is a PvP sandbox with nothing but forced PvP outside of starter zones and I will take your serious

      Oh nice: safe dungeons in starter areas, when BZ ones offers I''d say a multiplier of 5-10 or more in terms of fame/silver/item gains

      Oh, so you play solo dungeons with a partner because you don't dare to venture out solo: too scared or what?
      1. - Its the first feature listed




      2. yes that sounds fair to me. If you could get millions of silver from doing nothing, then this game would be pointless

      3. No, i do BZ dungeons solo all the time, but its nice to play with a friend.
      • You really should read first before posting: the wording clearly states "PvP fighting...in the open world" and nothing about:
        • PvP always being full-loot
        • No choice to opt-out from the forced PvP
        It's almost as if SBI chose such a vague wording on purpose to lure in customers who might've been scared away immediately if they would see the words "full-loot PvP" and "no opt-out from PvP". A long as such a vague wording is used I will make that argument every single time
      • Any game like currently running MMOs/MMORPGs etc.out there where you can get currency + items just by doing PvE or crafting would beg to differ about them "being pointless"
      • Your point about you doing solo dungeons actually solo is unbelievable: just a few posts earlier you complained that Corrupted Dungeons can't be done in a group, and just now you did a 180° to "Of course I do them solo". If you want 2vs2 PvP there's always HGs, but you don't really want actual PvP, right?

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Lofthild ().

    • @Korn I like this change, but with one remark.

      1. Implement this change for 1 month and collect data. But only in September , the reason behind it is only one - in August people will be hyped and will do new content non-stop , plus global population would be much higher.
      2. Compare PvP activity , how it was before and how it is now.
      3. If PvP activity will be the same (In SRD) , or higher - keep this change. If it will be lower - cancel this change.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Equart ().

    • Ironically in current state Corrupted dungeons are 10x more safe than running a SRD which is probably why they are putting this change in as well otherwise it would be embarrassing (it still is). In corrupted kids have a huge area to run around in with exits all over the place and virtually 0 dead ends or linear pathways that SRDs people deal with. They better be making some serious changes yet to corrupted or it is a run build rat fiesta. Very little PvP to be had.
    • Ophill wrote:

      ARTTYOM wrote:

      People against this change only think of themselves apparently and don't se the possibilities.
      Understand that you can still dive and get dived in to a SRD and you can get 1vX, outnumbered fights, ez kills, on the roads of avalon THE DUNGEONS DON'T CLOSE IN THERE.
      People for this change only think of themselves apparently and don't see the consequences.
      If you have played on the test server at all you would know that dungeons in the roads of avalon are extremely rare, and take a long time to respawn. SBI have said themselves that the roads are not meant to have a lot of content, but instead their purpose is to transport you to zones so you can do content there.
      They are not rare, you can easily find a lot of SRD in Rests. About respawn mechanic idk, im pretty sure there is a connection between respawn and test server population.
    • Equart wrote:

      @Korn I like this change, but with one remark.

      1. Implement this change for 1 month and collect data. But only in September , the reason behind it is only one - in August people will be hyped and will do new content non-stop , plus global population would be much higher.
      2. Compare PvP activity , how it was before and how it is now.
      3. If PvP activity will be the same (In SRD) , or higher - keep this change. If it will be lower - cancel this change.


      I agree with Equart.
      If this change is going to be implemented it all, it should have a test/trial stage with data collection.