Solo Dungeons closing in red & black zones

• Korn wrote:

Hey there,

our goal here is to have a mechanism in place that allows us to balance the solo random dungeon PvE / PvP "ecosystem". (Old discussion on this topic can be found here)

What does this mean?

In order for mixed PvE / PvP content to work properly, we need to create a balance where running this content solo (that's what solo RDs are for, ultimately) is worth it from a risk vs reward perspective. Only if that's the case will we get an environment where solo RDs are done by a lot of solo players. If that works out, we envision that a far higher number of solo RDs will be done each day compared to right now. And if that's the case, the overall amount of ganking opportunities for players looking for non-consensual PvP can increase as well.

Here is an example with made up numbers:
      - Scenario A: we have super easy to gank solo RDs. If you run it without a scout, your chance of getting killed is 20%. The gear loss in these 20% of cases is higher than the reward you stand to gain in the 80% of cases where you don't get ganked. As a result of that, only 10k of these RDs get done each day, resulting in 2k ganks
      - Scenario B: we have harder to gank solo RDs. If you run it without a scout, your chance of getting killed is 10%. The gear loss in these 10% of cases is now actually lower than the benefits you get from the 90% of cases where you don't get ganked. As a result of that, 30k of of these RDs get done each day, resulting in 3k ganks

What this example illustrates is that in order to get the maximum amount of non-consensual PvP happening, you must make sure that the balance of said content is such that a lot of people are running it and it is worth it for them from a risk vs reward perspective. If that succeeds, it will generate a lot of activity and hence provide a lot of ganking opportunities for those looking for them.

When it comes to solo RDs in particular, we also hope that we can address the scouting issue this way. You won't need a mandatory scout any more, however, this comes at the expense of slowing you down (in case you choose to wait out the timer before going deep into the dungeon).

Finally, I'd like to close by saying that this feature needs to be properly balance. That means that we need to fight the right timer to properly balance out risk vs reward. The timer currently set on the test server can only be a starting point here.
      I do most of my fame farming from RD and being doved by 5 in RD in black zones , I really don't think this is the right way of doing this.Maybe the way is put some barriers on the amount of people can enter in RD depending on security status, t8 max 5 , t6 2 with a timer of 5 minutes on the next batch i guess.
    • @Korn

My friend, it is as if sometimes you stand in the middle of a big forest and search for trees.

With Avalonian portals you have everything to create wonderfully SRD experience.

Just add the mechanic of the 2 people then recharge mechanic to SRD or even GRD.

For SRD: One player can enter, portal allows ONE more to enter, so one diver okay.. then portal needs to recharge for 3 mins..

If it is fully charged a 2 on 1 charge can happen..but the one has like 3 or 4 mins advantage

Done

For GRD depending on Tier of dungeon: T8 group of 6? Can enter intially. Then portal is in spawn mode, means another 6 can enter then it needs recharge for like 5 mins..

Done

On top u use existing mechanic and code of roads of Avalon..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().

• Hollywoodi wrote:

@Korn

My friend, it is as if sometimes you stand in the middle of a big forest and search for trees.

With Avalonian portals you have everything to create wonderfully SRD experience.

Just add the mechanic of the 2 people then recharge mechanic to SRD or even GRD.

For SRD: One player can enter, portal allows ONE more to enter, so one diver okay.. then portal needs to recharge for 3 mins..

Done

For GRD depending on Tier of dungeon: T8 group of 6? Can enter intially. Then portal is in spawn mode, means another 6 can enter then it needs recharge for like 5 mins..

Done

On top u use existing mechanic and code of roads of Avalon..
      Yes, it's the perfect solution, timer for SRD and RDG! Please implement this.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gratinus ().

• Korn wrote:

Hey there,

our goal here is to have a mechanism in place that allows us to balance the solo random dungeon PvE / PvP "ecosystem". (Old discussion on this topic can be found here)

Hey,

I run primarily solo & duo dungeons for my albion content, and I'm genuinely concerned this will get rid of a lot of the appeal of the game for me.

Outside of hellgates, there really isn't much to do as a duo that allows you to gain progress with combat fame, loot, and still have the opportunity for PVP encounters. We tried the duo blue dungeons with a dagger each approach for a little while, but it quickly became extremely boring since you never find anybody to fight while doing that, and this change looks to make the same thing happen with SRD's. I've won my fair share of 1v2 fights, and had a ton of exciting 2v2 / 2v3 moments that would never have happened outside of the SRD environment.

Please don't remove this just to cater to players who are afraid of losing their gear - they'll just quickly lose interest because those PVP encounters are the thing that provides variety and engagement to running dungeons to begin with, in contrast to hellgates which really don't have that dynamic feel to them where every situation is different & you never know when a fight will come. For me, this is the best part of albion, and is reminiscent of when you'd be invaded in Dark Souls (which I loved, and sometimes would pit you 1v2 / 1v3 / 2v2 / 2v3 as well)

If this does go ahead, I think there must be some kind of 2 man and 3 man corrupted dungeon to replace the content that's been removed, because both gank squads and hellgates really don't do it. Please reconsider

Edit - One suggestion that could work, is a rare drop like 'Tome of Binding' that would seal the dungeon you're currently in - would need to be much rarer than a tome of insight, but this would allow people to run high enchantment maps with peace of mind, and let the extremely risk-averse pay the silver cost to be able to dungeon in peace, in exchange for having a valuable consumable in their inventory that they could lose to a gank.

Alternatively, just have the timer apply to T5 & maybe T6 blackzone dungeons so newbies can get their feet wet in the black zone in relative safety before progressing to the real zones.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bukem ().

• Sinwut wrote:

i support this change as there will be in-turn more players in the bz. more players = more content.
      Do you really think that the player who avoids pvp will go black because SRD has turned blue? After he dies a few times to gankers and loses his valuable set he will return to safezones or even stop playing.
      Now, if you tell me that there will be more people for you to gank, yes, that may increase for a while ... but I don't think that solves the problem, in the topics i read I don't remember people asking for the exclusion of pvp in the dungeons, but rather a tool to make them fair.
    • Korn wrote:

What this example illustrates is that in order to get the maximum amount of non-consensual PvP happening, you must make sure that the balance of said content is such that a lot of people are running it and it is worth it for them from a risk vs reward perspective. If that succeeds, it will generate a lot of activity and hence provide a lot of ganking opportunities for those looking for them.
      And if I don't "look for ganking opportunities", as I couldn't care less about any kind of non-opt out world PvP, I have to:
      • Go in a SRD
      • Wait each time at the entrance for the timer to pass so that the portal closes and I'm safe or I have to have a strong clear speed to be faster than a potential diver

Also impressive that you still don't know what your game is supposed to be:
      • It's no sandbox due to the non-opt out PvP almost everywhere expect starter zones, so just wanting to play PvE in peace is no option(excluding HCE as a very tiny fraction of PvE content)
      • It's still advertised as a sandbox with PvE, and not as a PvP-focused or PvP-only sandbox
      • With the exception of the upcoming patch your sole focus so far has been "ZvZ is the only content which will get permanent updates"
    • I never connect to the forum, but this change is such a big mistake i feel compelled to.

As mentionned by several people already, srd gives a really specific kind of pvp content unavailable anywhere else.

You will just get less dunjon fight with this change (which are imo good pvp content, relatively fair fights, with good chance to escape or win if you get dived and to miss your target or lose your time if you are the one diving)
      You will remplace that by ganking openworld, the only pvp that will remain openworld aside from zvz

This is a really bad choice. As also mentionned before there are better solutions (i like the portal capacity same as avalon mentionned above, or the 2ppl = blob)
      If you are hell bent for whatever reason to have such timer, it has to be 5min minimum.
      With 5min wait it really starts to be long for a carebear to do nothing at the entrance. As well as a diver if you enter a dunjon which has been opened for more than 5min, good chance you will not catch the guy anyway so dunjon may as well be closed.

I say that with an easy 25% of my 300+ mio mob fame done in srd. And as someone who have been dived much more than i have dived myself.

Please dont do it. We need this 1v1 non meta or 1v2 1v3 2v2 random content. The small fear that remains when you are killing a slow to kill boss in an enchanted map you purchased with a purple chest in sight as the risk to get dived always remains would be sorely missed. This content would NOT be replaced by corrupted (which i am looking forward to a lot as well) or by anything else for that matter
    • For god shake stop complain, the time for a RD to close in YZ and BZ is 10 minutes since they patch it months ago and in my opinion that was a great change, (i tested it a lot so im pretty sure) cause there's a lot of RD now that u can go in and farm instead of waste 10-15 minutes to find one, cause when one close, another one open.

Now, in RD ad BZ will be the same, do u think people will wait in the entrance 10 minutes to it close and do it safe? In this game, time is more important than fame!

And with corrupted dungeons they want a equilibrated solo pvp content. U wanna try luck ganking? go to open world dont dive dungeons 3-4 guys to catch 1 or 2 let them 0 chances to run, cause guess what, random dungeons are lineal so or they run to mobs or to you) so stop complain. U still can dive, just more complicated cause the way it is now, it's almost free for the people who found a guy in RD.
    • Lynnkk wrote:

For god shake stop complain, the time for a RD to close in YZ and BZ is 10 minutes since they patch it months ago and in my opinion that was a great change, (i tested it a lot so im pretty sure) cause there's a lot of RD now that u can go in and farm instead of waste 10-15 minutes to find one, cause when one close, another one open.

Now, in RD ad BZ will be the same, do u think people will wait in the entrance 10 minutes to it close and do it safe? In this game, time is more important than fame!

And with corrupted dungeons they want a equilibrated solo pvp content. U wanna try luck ganking? go to open world dont dive dungeons 3-4 guys to catch 1 or 2 let them 0 chances to run, cause guess what, random dungeons are lineal so or they run to mobs or to you) so stop complain. U still can dive, just more complicated cause the way it is now, it's almost free for the people who found a guy in RD.
      It's one minute in blue and yellow, it's been changed 2 or 3 patches ago.

In the testserver red and blackzones are also one minute.

You enter, wait a minute, and free farm that dungeon riskless.
    • I am mostly go sólo gunegons in BZ And all time in T7-8 zones me dive 3-5 player.. White use Frost staff And otěr Slow run weapoins i dont. 1 vs 5 fight And dont have Chance to escape.. mabe dev.. made mostli debuff White enter sólo dunegonu 2 And more other palyer (whit mechanizm Zerg debuff) fór this diver have lover DPS And give moře DPS tacke.. Its fair