Solo Dungeons closing in red & black zones

• Blenfjorn wrote:

Baz00ka wrote:

What do you mean? Try running a T8 dungeon and you'll see what I'm talking about.Let people farm fame and cash, let people have a little fun in the black zones. All the loot and silver will come back to the community.
      Total carebear response lol.
      And what is wrong with it? If it was a balanced content fine, but when 3+ players come chasing you in a SOLO area then it doesnt take that much to realize that the content is broken and should be addressed somehow.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Baz00ka ().

• Baz00ka wrote:

Blenfjorn wrote:

Baz00ka wrote:

What do you mean? Try running a T8 dungeon and you'll see what I'm talking about.Let people farm fame and cash, let people have a little fun in the black zones. All the loot and silver will come back to the community.
      And what is wrong with it? If it was a balanced content fine, but when 3+ players come chasing you in a SOLO area then it doesnt take that much to realize that the content is broken and should be addressed somehow.
      The content isn't broken. And if it is, they can fix it in other ways. I don't do Black Zone dungeons often, but when I do, I accept the risk. Yesterday I got ganked by 2 Reds in a Red Zone Solo RD. I didn't come and demand change, or claim the content is broken, I re-geared and went back out.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

Baz00ka wrote:

Blenfjorn wrote:

Baz00ka wrote:

The content isn't broken. And if it is, they can fix it in other ways. I don't do Black Zone dungeons often, but when I do, I accept the risk. Yesterday I got ganked by 2 Reds in a Red Zone Solo RD. I didn't come and demand change, or claim the content is broken, I re-geared and went back out.
      The fact that you get dived by more than 1 person already means it is broken. It is a solo dungeon, not a group one. Understand what I mean?
      If SBI is changing it then I'm sure it is because they analyzed the situation and the complaints they received regarding it.
    • Baz00ka wrote:

Blenfjorn wrote:

Baz00ka wrote:

Blenfjorn wrote:

Baz00ka wrote:

The fact that you get dived by more than 1 person already means it is broken. It is a solo dungeon, not a group one. Understand what I mean?If SBI is changing it then I'm sure it is because they analyzed the situation and the complaints they received regarding it.
      Better fix would be the second person who enters closes the portal. So if two or three try to dive, only the first one who enters gets in and the others left out. I would be in favor of that kind of change. Not making it basically 100% safe.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

Baz00ka wrote:

Blenfjorn wrote:

Baz00ka wrote:

Blenfjorn wrote:

Baz00ka wrote:

The fact that you get dived by more than 1 person already means it is broken. It is a solo dungeon, not a group one. Understand what I mean?If SBI is changing it then I'm sure it is because they analyzed the situation and the complaints they received regarding it.
      Better fix would be the second person who enters closes the portal. So if two or three try to dive, only the first one who enters gets in and the others left out. I would be in favor of that kind of change. Not making it basically 100% safe.
      Could work, but then ppl would probably abuse the hell out of it with scouts. But definetly better than the current solution.
    • Blenfjorn wrote:

Baz00ka wrote:

Blenfjorn wrote:

Baz00ka wrote:

Blenfjorn wrote:

Baz00ka wrote:

So people would do it in pairs, a rat will always be a rat, just change it so that people who really want to play the game can have the option of fighting.
    • Baz00ka wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

Baz00ka wrote:

Considering you often get dived by 3+ players, I do believe this change is pretty decent. Diving will become harder but still possible.
      Only if you are doing something REALLY wrong1 extra minute per dungeon to have 100% safetiness is completely braindead. I can more or lessa accept it in red zones.... but even black zones are joining the carebearness?
      You can LITERALLY wait 1 minute at the door, after entering a dungeon, and then farm freely. There is NO WAY to dive that.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Baz00ka wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

Baz00ka wrote:

Considering you often get dived by 3+ players, I do believe this change is pretty decent. Diving will become harder but still possible.
      Only if you are doing something REALLY wrong1 extra minute per dungeon to have 100% safetiness is completely braindead. I can more or lessa accept it in red zones.... but even black zones are joining the carebearness?
      You can LITERALLY wait 1 minute at the door, after entering a dungeon, and then farm freely. There is NO WAY to dive that.
      It is like that on test server, right? Not in the live worlds (currently).
    • Baz00ka wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

Baz00ka wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

Baz00ka wrote:

You are in the test server feedback forum, please go back to the live server forum, then.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Baz00ka wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

Baz00ka wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

Baz00ka wrote:

You are in the test server feedback forum, please go back to the live server forum, then.
      Salty without a reason.

Fusionbomb wrote:

not that im a fan of the idea...

but just to remind everyone, if you leave during that 1 minute wait (cuz ppl come in, or w/e) then you won't have bubble outside
      Indeed, well thought. So there's still risk while waiting for the portal to close.
    • Gratinus wrote:

So people would do it in pairs, a rat will always be a rat, just change it so that people who really want to play the game can have the option of fighting.
      Good point. Maybe lower the fame and drops significantly for duos? Make it equal to fame/drops in Blue Zone. Then its not worth it, and they may be safe but they aren't getting anything good for it. I dunno, tough point to rebuttal, but that's what I came up with. ^^

Baz00ka wrote:

Could work, but then ppl would probably abuse the hell out of it with scouts. But definetly better than the current solution.
      Another reason to eliminate or drastically reduce scouting by restricting the Black Zone and keep Low Fame Players out.
    • All the test server items are currently meant for live although could still be changed. I personally think they are doing this because the Royals are still packed and the BZ is dead as far as normal activity like dungeons. They are likely doing this to give the extra nudge to these huge amount of players to finally step foot in black.
    • You can still be killed in BZ area. It's not 100% safe.
      There is always a risk if you are wandering around BZ. Gankers are everywhere. There is still content for small scale pvp. And don't tell me that SOLO diving is a thing because I always get dove by 3-5 players. No fun at all.
      SBI is trying to improve BZ dungeon farming because you either farm duo (on SOLO dungeons) or go group farming with scouts. With the upcoming new avalonian weapons it's an issue that needs to be taken care of because people will need to fame farm even more and our player base is increasing.
      Every side (divers and fame farmers) has complaints about the current situation.
      Let's see how this works. If it doesn't work as intended they might just change it back to how it was. Chill.
    • I think one of the largest issues with this is if I want pvp in the black zone as a group of 2-4 people how do I do it? And I don't want to 4v1 gank people by out riding them on shiny mounts as I don't think that's fun at all, I want a reasonable place to mostly find 1-4 v 1-4 and currently solo dungeons are the only outlet for this.

Most importantly I want to go searching for pve objectives in the world with a good chance to run into a similarly sized group and fight over said resources. Solo dungeons certainly aren't perfect but this change just adds a zero risk for all the reward mechanic into the game (similar to HCE though not as awful as people at least need to travel in the BZ). The only way to die is to get ganked on your way to and from a solo RD. Well if that's the only way to die then you can bet more and more people who actually want to pvp will just keep being herded toward joining the large gank groups who lock down whole zones.

If this is really the vision for solo RD's the rewards for them need to be cut significantly and something else needs to take their place for people willing to put their money on the line. I get that the wormholes may fill this void but are the black zones really just being slowly turned into more of a red/yellow zone while the wormholes are the new "real" black zone.

I also understand that the majority of people never even set foot in the BZ for fear of losing their stuff and this may be viewed as a way to bring them in. I think people are much more frustrated with whole zones being locked down by gankers (which granted with experience can be circumvented albeit painfully) and that the people afraid of being ganked won't come out to the BZ just because once they get to a dungeon they are safe. They will still be terrified of the gate campers in between them and the dungeons.
    • eldynn wrote:

You can still be killed in BZ area. It's not 100% safe.
      There is always a risk if you are wandering around BZ. Gankers are everywhere. There is still content for small scale pvp. And don't tell me that SOLO diving is a thing because I always get dove by 3-5 players. No fun at all.
      SBI is trying to improve BZ dungeon farming because you either farm duo (on SOLO dungeons) or go group farming with scouts. With the upcoming new avalonian weapons it's an issue that needs to be taken care of because people will need to fame farm even more and our player base is increasing.
      Every side (divers and fame farmers) has complaints about the current situation.
      Let's see how this works. If it doesn't work as intended they might just change it back to how it was. Chill.
      The point is that the FAME will be without risk. Yes, you can die on route there or on route back. Once you're inside, you're basically safe. Then you can get Black Zone fame without risk.
      For the record, when I do dive Solo Dungeons, I do it by myself. Yes I get there are groups that dive Solo Dungeons, and if you want to fix that somehow, then go for it. Eliminating the risk completely from the Dungeon is not the answer.
    • Did you even read the note "Solo Randomized Dungeons in red and black zones now behave like those in blue and yellow zones, and will close their portals a set amount of time after the last person enters"

It doesnt prevent diving. It just closes the portal after set amount of time. I mean if you have gone in dungeons in blue and yellow zones. It wont magically close the portal after you get in. It will take quite a while for it to close.

Im pretty sure we will get exact time told how long portal will stay open. Even in YZ dungeon ive had people suddenly roll in even thought im on second floor already. Meaning they got in after quite long time after i entered.
      Ive also entered dungeon which had 1st floor cleared out already, but did catch up in second floor midway.

so this doesnt really prevent diving. Just makes it a bit harder. Its good that portals close and new ones appear.

This is also double edged blade for those that solo bz dungeon, because when someone sees portal close.. they can just bring people outside and wait for that person to come out. They will know that here is someone doing dungeon :)