Imo, knockdown in yellow zone should drop all non-equiped items.

• Imo, knockdown in yellow zone should drop all non-equiped items.

I think this would be the closest thing to a reasonable PvP experience in that no matter what role you play, atleast you don't lose your "main" stuff (but still sucks because you most likely lost all your loot)
      Would also bump the price of Black Market stuff which would be pretty sweet too.
    • This would just make newbies leave yellow zones altogether. Blue and yellow zones even atm struggle to handle non pvp players. Now forcing pve players to stay at blue zones only would lose more players.

Better solution would be to turn red zones to inventory/bag loot only so that more people would spread out over the map. Black zone should remain full loot zones but giving red zone access with reasonable risk for pve players would be a nice change and help balance out population between zones at royals.
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3
    • Lohend wrote:

This would just make newbies leave yellow zones altogether. Blue and yellow zones even atm struggle to handle non pvp players. Now forcing pve players to stay at blue zones only would lose more players.

Better solution would be to turn red zones to inventory/bag loot only so that more people would spread out over the map. Black zone should remain full loot zones but giving red zone access with reasonable risk for pve players would be a nice change and help balance out population between zones at royals.
      I really like this idea, I currently don't hop into RZ or BZ solo that often causes u always need to be afraid to lose your gear also, but if you would at least keep your equipped gear and only being able to lose your stuff from the inventory in red zones, I would be totally down to go there more often, the problem I see at the moment is that a lot of people like to play solo, and a lot of ganking is happening in groups, if those players don't need to worry in some instances anymore so much, I'm sure that would bring more casual people to the game, instead of those people who have no life
    • Lohend wrote:

This would just make newbies leave yellow zones altogether. Blue and yellow zones even atm struggle to handle non pvp players. Now forcing pve players to stay at blue zones only would lose more players.

Absolutely agree with this!
      Blue and yellow zones are so overcrowded and this would make the transition from blue to eventually black a lot smoother!
    • Lohend wrote:

Its look like ganking 0 risk or reds players lost all like now?
      1 option.
      A lot of gankers everywere knocking down getherers and PvE players for still loot.
      2 option
      totally kill PvP on red zones
    • assassinBK wrote:

Lohend wrote:

Its look like ganking 0 risk or reds players lost all like now?1 option.
      A lot of gankers everywere knocking down getherers and PvE players for still loot.
      2 option
      totally kill PvP on red zones
      Maybe make flagged players be full-loot? And non-flagged only lose what's in their inventory and not equipped? I mean nobody would be happy with it, but at the same time I tend to like the idea. I avoid red zones completely now because even Black Zones are safer. I actually think that would make more sense lore-wise for Red zones still being governed, lawful territories and Black Zones being the Jagds from Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced. This would mean transporting is still definitely risky but just going to these zones to do PVE is actually doable and is an in-between step to the lawless black zones.
    • OceanSpirit wrote:

@Lohend
      I think you have a great argument.
      The only issue I see with it is that yellow zone PvP right now feels too small of risk.
      Red is full loot PvP but atleast you can see hostiles in zone and take calculated risks.
      What exactly does Yellow Zone have to offer?
      The silver drop seems very lack luster.
      the silver drop is from repairs. the low risk is why ppl are doing it to practice there.
    • Lohend wrote:

Great Idea,, I'm currently 3//9 for trips into red zones, and haven't gone there for several weeks. If I could expect to be able to wear enough gear to survive attacks by 2 or more T6 critters without losing it I would go back. The cowardly gankers could still collect several hundred k of stuff.
      Suggestion of OP would essentially limit PvE players to T4 of lower resources which have little or no value so hardly worth harvesting, only good to work up to the higher levels., As a solo player I enjoy harvesting, farming, solo dungeons, and crafting but if essentially limited to collecting T4 or less I would drop membership
      Learn something new every day.
    • It's really not a great idea. If you don't drop gear in the red zone, you'll just end up with veterans in full 8.3 gear messing around fighting and new players and gatherers wouldn't stand a chance.

Red zone dungeoning/gathering is already pretty safe, and if someone who massively outgears you does try to kill you at least you have the chance of hitting a nice payday if you manage to outplay them

Full loot PVP is a core part of the game. You can easily clear T6 / T7 dungeons in cheap 4.1 gear with a good build and a bit of spec, and dying really isn't that big a deal. Rather then trying to change core mechanics, it's better to embrace it as part of the overall gameplay loop and get over your fear of death and gradually get better at the PVP side.

One thing I'd say is if you don't have premium, buying your first 30 days makes everything go a lot smoother.
    • Lohend wrote:

I love when carebears who barely understand the game, try to propose changes, without having the slightest idea of the implications.

You know what would happen if your idea passed? Zergs of reds in 8.x gear at every entrance to Carleon, hunting transports and gatherers 24/7, because they would literally risk nothing. It would make the situation in red zone far worse for anyone who isn't a PK.