New players should stop complaining about gankers

• New players should stop complaining about gankers

I'm a new player as well, I've only been playing for around 5 days.

I did my fair bit of research on this game instead of testing it out, and I stumbled across many new players who just complain and quit because they are getting dived in red zones. Again, as a new player myself, I recommend:
      1. Remember that you can easily escape gankers in red zone, as they are way more underprepared than groups in black zones. Gathering gear and many weapons have defensive/mobility abilities.
      2. Learn from your mistakes: what combination of spells could have saved your life in that situation?
      3. You won't regret dying if you only had cheap gear on you, instead you will be grateful that you learn how to escape from these gankers/divers.
      4. You're literally warned that you can die and lose all of your stuff before entering the zone.
      5. Considering the stuff from above, if you still dislike the game, you should either move on to another game or just learn to play.

Can't stress this enough: have a stable source of income, then slowly buy more expensive gear. Join a big guild and have fun with other players. If you can't stand the grind of creating that source of income, this game is just not for you.
    • jaredxsimpson wrote:

In the past few months i have only died to gankers while not trying to fight twice.
      BOTH times... I was watching something on my second monitor and killed by pro gankers.

Pro gankers meaning, they have all the required items to catch someone.
      Fiend cowl, stalker hood, fiend robe, graveguard, etc..
      Yes! Now I can be a pro ganker

what items was it again? 1 sec i'ma get a pen
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «
    • "New players should stop complaining about gankers". Instead of telling what new players should not complain about and laying down pointless guidelines that help almost no one you could take a second and try to understand why you encounter many new players that do complain about ganking.

Bulaches wrote:

I did my fair bit of research on this game instead of testing it out,
      This is the core issue with ganking in Albion for new players. People are required to do reserach to actually have a chance of enjoying their time in Albion. I and many others had to do a research on the game instead of playing it to understand what's happening. This resembles MMO with game quests which you have to google in order to complete. Frustration levels are off the charts if the quest is important but at least there you don't happen to lose everything that you wear.
      Ganking hinders the natural way of progression in the game. Many of the people who complain about gankers most probably think that they must be in those zones to progress in the game. Most of them baited by the black zone propaganda which urges players to go in bz if they want fame & silver. Well, this is sandbox and not necessarily true. I can stay in blue zone, gather t4 resource all day long and make millions with which I buy the materials needed to craft the 8.3 items that I need to do high level HCE and at the end of the day I have both fame & silver all from safe zones. At first, I was baited by the propaganda as well and believed that there are hidden riches waiting to be collected. It didn't take me long to realize that gathering t4 resource is more beneficial than running around between maps for hours with the chance of getting killed just to collect a handful of resources.
      Life is Heaven & Hell is Living
    • I don’t think you’re required to do research to survive/enjoy your time. Although this is a weak point of the game, you do not need to know what every pvp ability does in order to figure out that you should run as fast as you can if you see a hostile player in red zones+.

I pointed out that I did some research on the game to suggest that I’m not really a beginner, and I know a bit about ganking and gathering.

Also, thanks for the tips about safer zones. I am currently fishing in t7 red zone and even though the zone is a swamp and the rare fish are really cheap, I still make around 750-800k an hour. I will test out how much money I can make in a t5 yz and maybe update this post.
    • I make 500k-750k per hour depending on the price I sell my hemp (100-150). Last time I played the average was 120 so I will go with that and that's 600k per hour, 1.2m in two hours. I would greatly profit from having a mammoth cuz for every 10k hemp, which I gather in 1h and a half on crowded map, I have to run 30-40mins from thetford to lymhurst and back cuz the other markets are already stocked with my hemp. And at lymhurst 24/7 hemp is being sold and bought at good price. When I have 10k of enhanched 4.1 4.2 4.3 I just take another tour and that's extra cash. I have already talked with a player of the SUN guild and he said that 1m-1.5m is the acceptable income range for PvP zones though the guild and the hideouts you are in play a role. I did join a guild which has access to 50 HO-s cuz it is part of the AQUA alliance but I can never achieve that even if I avoid dying when I add the time spent on travelling. I doubt that fishing is as profitable as harvesting in safe zone cuz I've already done fishing but you do you.
    • Veterans need to just stop feeling like they need to lambast every single new player who dies and decides he doesn't like it. There are 100s or 1000s of new players entering the game each day, and so you are bound to get a couple people complaining about dying in a full loot game, but it is still a very small minority of players. You also will never stop them from doing it. They are responding on emotion, the facts and logics of the way the game works aren't going to make these people feel better about how sad and miserable they are having lost a handful of minutes of their time's worth of silver.

The best thing we can do is help transition them from scared little weebles into emotionless PvP killing machines, and calling them names and telling them to quit whining or quit the game isn't valuable to anyone, for anything. Sometimes AO social media just becomes a huge jerk off fest. People flicking their bean and yeeting out about how its a hard core game and care bears need to get out. Like somehow the developers and other players need to be reminded of that.

When a baby starts crying in its bed. Parents don't go up to it and tell it to stop being a little baby bitch. They don't create a well crafted rational explanation for why things are the way they are and how there isn't really any need for the baby to be crying. They just let the baby cry itself out. Just let the people cry themselves out. They will either figure it out on their own, or they will leave. Both of which were always nearly inevitable outcomes.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Piddle wrote:

Veterans need to just stop feeling like they need to lambast every single new player who dies and decides he doesn't like it. There are 100s or 1000s of new players entering the game each day, and so you are bound to get a couple people complaining about dying in a full loot game, but it is still a very small minority of players. You also will never stop them from doing it. They are responding on emotion, the facts and logics of the way the game works aren't going to make these people feel better about how sad and miserable they are having lost a handful of minutes of their time's worth of silver.

The best thing we can do is help transition them from scared little weebles into emotionless PvP killing machines, and calling them names and telling them to quit whining or quit the game isn't valuable to anyone, for anything. Sometimes AO social media just becomes a huge jerk off fest. People flicking their bean and yeeting out about how its a hard core game and care bears need to get out. Like somehow the developers and other players need to be reminded of that.

When a baby starts crying in its bed. Parents don't go up to it and tell it to stop being a little baby bitch. They don't create a well crafted rational explanation for why things are the way they are and how there isn't really any need for the baby to be crying. They just let the baby cry itself out. Just let the people cry themselves out. They will either figure it out on their own, or they will leave. Both of which were always nearly inevitable outcomes.
      i mean the vets are pretty shit too, people aren't creatures of reason but emotion. its not a hardcore game, people can literally use their credit card and dunk on you the first day just they dont...
    • Piddle wrote:

Veterans need to just stop feeling like they need to lambast every single new player who dies and decides he doesn't like it. There are 100s or 1000s of new players entering the game each day, and so you are bound to get a couple people complaining about dying in a full loot game, but it is still a very small minority of players. You also will never stop them from doing it. They are responding on emotion, the facts and logics of the way the game works aren't going to make these people feel better about how sad and miserable they are having lost a handful of minutes of their time's worth of silver.

Have you only read the title by any chance? I am a beginner as well, and I give some advice which is really easy to remember and use in order to stay safe in my opinion.
      Anyway, I’m by no means a veteran, and I actually like to help any new player that asks me anything in game.
    • @Bulaches, let me break it down for you:

The first paragraph was addressed to the many veterans Piddle has seen jumping on new players who complain about the game. You are not one of those.

In the second paragraph he shared his suggestion for a possible resolution to the problem. He also stated what many fail to understand "telling them to quit whining or quit the game isn't valuable to anyone". This concerns you.

In the thrid paragraph he explained what is happening in this thread by comparing babies & parents to new players & not new players.

In my opinion, new players do have a reason to complain about ganking. My second post in this forum was a complaint on the Current state of Gathering thread made by Retroman. Because of gankers, my gathering experience is incomplete. There are other factors as well. My unwillingness to risk going to PvP zone for gathering which originates from the low profit I make in those zones.
      Ganking is not in the tutorial. Information about the PvP full loot cannot be obtained from the trailer on the home page of Albion. People reading the features posted below the trailer will not know that the game revolves so much around PvP loot. New players start the game for one reason but soon understand that the game is not what they thought it would be. And so you have many people who complain about what vets and handful of others see as normal. Ganking is griefing and because of the PvP loot, players are encouraged to continue this behaviour.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Apotosariel ().

• A lot of people play just because you can pk. Now, after the last changes, it is too safe which translates into the prices of the items, they are constantly falling. If something is not done, the whole economy will collapse, too many items are produced and too little disappears from the black market is a parody, a little more and gankers will not hunt, it takes about 1h to sell one guild tab, if not over 15 million is a pity time
    • Apotosariel wrote:

"New players should stop complaining about gankers". Instead of telling what new players should not complain about and laying down pointless guidelines that help almost no one you could take a second and try to understand why you encounter many new players that do complain about ganking.

Bulaches wrote:

I did my fair bit of research on this game instead of testing it out,
      This is the core issue with ganking in Albion for new players. People are required to do reserach to actually have a chance of enjoying their time in Albion. I and many others had to do a research on the game instead of playing it to understand what's happening. This resembles MMO with game quests which you have to google in order to complete. Frustration levels are off the charts if the quest is important but at least there you don't happen to lose everything that you wear.Ganking hinders the natural way of progression in the game. Many of the people who complain about gankers most probably think that they must be in those zones to progress in the game. Most of them baited by the black zone propaganda which urges players to go in bz if they want fame & silver. Well, this is sandbox and not necessarily true. I can stay in blue zone, gather t4 resource all day long and make millions with which I buy the materials needed to craft the 8.3 items that I need to do high level HCE and at the end of the day I have both fame & silver all from safe zones. At first, I was baited by the propaganda as well and believed that there are hidden riches waiting to be collected. It didn't take me long to realize that gathering t4 resource is more beneficial than running around between maps for hours with the chance of getting killed just to collect a handful of resources.
      I absolutely fucking agree.

I would prefer to have a stable, calculable, even if potentially lower income rather than one that has metaphorical 'peaks and valleys' if you were to look at it on a graph, which is equivalent to buying lottery tickets and praying to Cthulhu.

The funny thing is, you don't necessarily have to do 'research' defined by visiting a website to recognize the situation regarding ganking, if ALL NEW PLAYERS were put in the /h help chat by DEFAULT (not /en) they would have a better chance of becoming informed enough, and learning about the game without needing to actually do research at all.

I have this shit copy and pasted ready to post when new players ask why they can't craft a Novice Fishing Rod:

if you dont get answers here try /h help chat
      help /h has no a trolling policy so its good for getting started
      try /h help chat if you're new
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

The post was edited 4 times, last by PenguinSniper ().

• Bulaches wrote:

I'm a new player as well, I've only been playing for around 5 days.

I did my fair bit of research on this game instead of testing it out, and I stumbled across many new players who just complain and quit because they are getting dived in red zones. Again, as a new player myself, I recommend:
      1. Remember that you can easily escape gankers in red zone, as they are way more underprepared than groups in black zones. Gathering gear and many weapons have defensive/mobility abilities.
      2. Learn from your mistakes: what combination of spells could have saved your life in that situation?
      3. You won't regret dying if you only had cheap gear on you, instead you will be grateful that you learn how to escape from these gankers/divers.
      4. You're literally warned that you can die and lose all of your stuff before entering the zone.
      5. Considering the stuff from above, if you still dislike the game, you should either move on to another game or just learn to play.

Can't stress this enough: have a stable source of income, then slowly buy more expensive gear. Join a big guild and have fun with other players. If you can't stand the grind of creating that source of income, this game is just not for you.
      That is why if i want to to do some farming in some expensive gear and mounts, it be blue/yellow zones, if i were try red or even better the black zone, just scout map first and farming area with cheap gear that you can replace if getting ganked and lost all them gear.

I do agree that people tend to rush to red zone with gear they just got and lost it for being careless and should be aware when they get warning pop up, if they don't like losing gear then stay in safe zones till your ready or join guild and farm in black zones, not that hard and i am filthy casual mind you lol

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dandylion ().

• Jamej wrote:

A lot of people play just because you can pk. Now, after the last changes, it is too safe which translates into the prices of the items, they are constantly falling. If something is not done, the whole economy will collapse, too many items are produced and too little disappears from the black market is a parody, a little more and gankers will not hunt, it takes about 1h to sell one guild tab, if not over 15 million is a pity time
      highly doubt it will collapse, you can die and gear will break when ganked in red/black zones, plus with new players there are plenty gear and mounts to make for market since game is free, cause forcing new players to lose their stuff to keep market afloat will make them leave and economy will die out faster, people are smart and try to avoid full loot unless they feel like it, want quick fame or get a lot good loot or materials quick in high risk areas

It is sandbox mmo
    • LoganSilkCheeks wrote:

unlucky, the players that have 100 of millions arent getting more because people who are pveing to get the loot out from bm arent doing it cause theyre getting ganked; come hear my worlds smallest violin that i play for you
      That is why Market in startinf cities are much better, only dedicated gankers in red zones would go to BM to sell their victims' gear, that is why I think smart and stay safe in yellow zones