Dungeon Stealers

• Dungeon Stealers

I really hate Dungeon Stealers.

In zones like blue and yellow zones they can just walk in and steal your fame and loot and you cant do anything. And if you pvp flag in the yellow zone for example they can just kill/knock you.

Its like they want to make people angry. I never do that because why should I. Its a waste of time.

Thanks listening to my TED talk.
      T8 Greataxe Main
      T6 Mace Tank
    • Step 1: get decent gear (if at yellow zone, get that gucci gear you do arenas with)
      Step 2: see a dungeon stealer
      Step 3: flag for pvp
      Step 4: down the stealer
      Step 5: repeat until they start crying
      Step 6: profit...

"Regular" dungeon stealers have junk pvp gear, they rarely stand up for a fight when they see you flagging up. At first I was trying to talk to people who tried stealing your dungeon but that doesn't work most cases, they just ignore or just scream that they do what they want. Usually I do what I want also after that and they don't like the outcome...
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3
    • Lohend wrote:

Step 1: get decent gear (if at yellow zone, get that gucci gear you do arenas with)
      Step 2: see a dungeon stealer
      Step 3: flag for pvp
      Step 4: down the stealer
      Step 5: repeat until they start crying
      Step 6: profit...

"Regular" dungeon stealers have junk pvp gear, they rarely stand up for a fight when they see you flagging up. At first I was trying to talk to people who tried stealing your dungeon but that doesn't work most cases, they just ignore or just scream that they do what they want. Usually I do what I want also after that and they don't like the outcome...
      Nice.

This thread turned kinda funny though, because if you consider they were talking about the dungeon like it's a girlfriend instead, the replies become:

Midgard: "Its not your wife, and its not your p****. They have as much right to it as you do in an open-world setting."

Hollywoodi: "If U cannot keep her u don't deserve her.."

So much for empathy!

Anyway, the reality is you're just gonna have to get stronger. How strong? Strong enough for 'dungeon stealing' to not be an issue to you anymore.

I recently used a dungeon map (solo) and a when I traveled to it a guy came in right after me. I was kinda lucky though, because he turned around and left the dungeon to me. I'm not sure why, but I guess he was just an abnormally kind player.

If he'd stuck around I probably would have flagged for pvp. I paid for that map. Mine!
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ «

Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020

The post was edited 1 time, last by PenguinSniper ().

• PenguinSniper wrote:

Nice.
      This thread turned kinda funny though, because if you consider they were talking about the dungeon like it's a girlfriend instead, the replies become:

Midgard: "Its not your wife, and its not your p****. They have as much right to it as you do in an open-world setting."

So much for empathy!

Anyway, the reality is you're just gonna have to get stronger. How strong? Strong enough for 'dungeon stealing' to not be an issue to you anymore.

I recently used a dungeon map (solo) and a when I traveled to it a guy came in right after me. I was kinda lucky though, because he turned around and left the dungeon to me. I'm not sure why, but I guess he was just an abnormally kind player.

If he'd stuck around I probably would have flagged for pvp. I paid for that map. Mine!
      Why would anyone ever consider comparing a human being to a dungeon in video game?

Using dehumanizing metaphors to try and call other people bad is questionable behavior.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Piddle wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

Nice.

So much for empathy!

Why would anyone ever consider comparing a human being to a dungeon in video game?
      Using dehumanizing metaphors to try and call other people bad is questionable behavior.
      You completely misunderstood what I was trying to say, but i'll forgive you because I clearly didn't explain what I meant well enough.

Here's an alternative to make things clear.

"Its not your husband, and its not your c***. They have as much right to it as you do in an open-world setting."

"If U cannot keep him u don't deserve him.."

Even with switching the genders, it still has the same effect.

It was to point out the lack of empathy. I'm sure you know what the word metaphor means.

It's not about the hypothetical person being female, it's about the lack of respect for the relationship in the metaphor.

Enough of my hateful comments, I can do better than that. Apologies to anyone I've been abusive towards on this forum in the past. 26 September 2020

The post was edited 4 times, last by PenguinSniper ().

• You're the only person

PenguinSniper wrote:

Piddle wrote:

PenguinSniper wrote:

Nice.

So much for empathy!

Why would anyone ever consider comparing a human being to a dungeon in video game?Using dehumanizing metaphors to try and call other people bad is questionable behavior.
      You completely misunderstood what I was trying to say, but i'll forgive you because I clearly didn't explain what I meant well enough.
      Here's an alternative to make things clear.

"Its not your husband, and its not your c***. They have as much right to it as you do in an open-world setting."

"If U cannot keep him u don't deserve him.."

Even with switching the genders, it still has the same effect.

It was to point out the lack of empathy. I'm sure you know what the word metaphor means.

It's not about the hypothetical person being female, it's about the lack of respect for the relationship in the metaphor.
      You're the only person bringing gender into it - I think you misunderstood what Piddle was trying to say. I'll forgive you and make it a little clearer

Trying to draw a comparison between your relation to a random dungeon spawn in Albion Online and your relation to your spouse is beyond idiotic, and says nothing about the character of the people who responded to you previously, who were in fact talking about dungeons.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

In the open world, nothing is yours. Not even your gear.

Move to black zones and kill the stealers. Or don't find a stealer since black zones are barren.
      Where is this barren black zone you speak of? I gather and fame farm in black zones and they're anything but barren. Please send directions :)
      ⚔⚔⚔⚔ Kova Co ⚔⚔⚔⚔
      ===================
      Fort Sterling Based Guild

http://kovaco.tk/
    • Tyveil wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

Move to black zones and kill the stealers. Or don't find a stealer since black zones are barren.
      Where is this barren black zone you speak of? I gather and fame farm in black zones and they're anything but barren. Please send directions :)
      Any place not close to the Royals. Try going 4+ maps into the black zones and they are quite barren.
      Try a far away T6 map.
    • Was sooing the yZ T5 groups as 1h dagger recently....which yb the way is impossible at the moment because everyone is doing it and there are no mobs in any of em.

4 ARCH jump in and one guy starts flagging saying leave its my dungeon imma kill you. I just sighed, classic ARCH....Was pleasantly surprised when his 3 mates told him to not be a dick then apologized and left, much to his annoyance. There are some OK ppl out there.

Typically now if I am doing it solo and someone else comes in ill just group with em, its easier than fighting over it.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Tyveil wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

Any place not close to the Royals. Try going 4+ maps into the black zones and they are quite barren.Try a far away T6 map.
      Hmm good point. The T5-7's I go to are pretty close to ports. I might have to check it out, thanks :P
      ⚔⚔⚔⚔ Kova Co ⚔⚔⚔⚔
      ===================
      Fort Sterling Based Guild

http://kovaco.tk/
    • I have only one rule for solo dungeons:

"Play SOLO dungeons SOLO"

1. If I enter a dungeon and find someone is there before me, I leave at once.
      2. If someone follows me in, I wait a few seconds for them to leave and if not I leave at once.

Since the 90 second lockout has been added, any intruders generally catch up before serious fame or loot is in play, so no worries to me. I just go find another dungeon. Before this was added I occasionally had them lurking around till the Boss fight and trying to steal it but no more.
      Learn something new every day.
    • Geofors wrote:

I have only one rule for solo dungeons:

2. If someone follows me in, I wait a few seconds for them to leave and if not I leave at once.

Since the 90 second lockout has been added, any intruders generally catch up before serious fame or loot is in play, so no worries to me. I just go find another dungeon. Before this was added I occasionally had them lurking around till the Boss fight and trying to steal it but no more.

I'm not judging you, just wanted to comment that this is a very passive play style and there are a lot of people who will take advantage of this.

I gotta admit that I am petty enough that if someone enters after me and wants to dispute the dungeon, I will not budge one bit, no matter how long it takes. I am not vindictive, but if I enter the dungeon first, it's mine.

While I think your approach is very passive and people will just always try to take advantage of it, it may be more worthwhile and lead to less drama eventually. Don't know what's better. Wish you all the best though.^^
    • Midgard wrote:

Olafxder wrote:

they can just walk in and steal your fame and loot
      Its not your fame, and its not your loot. They have as much right to it as you do in an open-world setting.

LootGoblin wrote:

Geofors wrote:

I have only one rule for solo dungeons:

I'm not judging you, just wanted to comment that this is a very passive play style and there are a lot of people who will take advantage of this.

I gotta admit that I am petty enough that if someone enters after me and wants to dispute the dungeon, I will not budge one bit, no matter how long it takes. I am not vindictive, but if I enter the dungeon first, it's mine.

While I think your approach is very passive and people will just always try to take advantage of it, it may be more worthwhile and lead to less drama eventually. Don't know what's better. Wish you all the best though.^^
      This whole thread just went in a fucking circle.