Why nerfing 1H Dagger?

• What?
      I think it’s bad that it isn’t nerfed yet, I am soloing T8 group dungs killing all purple bosses in keepers and mines with ease. It’s so unbalanced it feels bad doing it, I am surprised they didn’t hotfix it yet.

Not complaining I just think it’s strange.
      At least it’s a good silver sink, gained 200m combat fame credit waiting for Ava weapons :)

with the mists and Ava fame buff I was recking in about 4 to 4.5m combat fame credit per hour plus lots of tomes that I save.

It needs to be fixed, it’s not supposed to be a solo build to kill gold chest bosses easy..
      Found golden fallen governer in a t7 map(+16%) the other day and killed him easy

The post was edited 1 time, last by Brizi ().

• Brizi wrote:

What?
      I think it’s bad that it isn’t nerfed yet, I am soloing T8 group dungs killing all purple bosses in keepers and mines with ease. It’s so unbalanced it feels bad doing it, I am surprised they didn’t hotfix it yet.

At least it’s a good silver sink, gained 200m combat fame credit waiting for Ava weapons :)

with the mists and Ava fame buff I was recking in about 4 to 4.5m combat fame credit per hour plus lots of tomes that I save.

It needs to be fixed, it’s not supposed to be a solo build to kill gold chest bosses easy..
      Found golden fallen governer in a t7 map(+16%) the other day and killed him easy
      Lifesteal nerf not going to change anything. You can call healer friend and duo entire dungeon.

Instead nerfing they should buff it with Slow opponent when hit.
    • Okeanix wrote:

Brizi wrote:

What?

Lifesteal nerf not going to change anything. You can call healer friend and duo entire dungeon.
      Instead nerfing they should buff it with Slow opponent when hit.
      1h dagger E definitely needs pvp adjustments
    • Brizi wrote:

What?

You forget to mention you are doing it in what, 8.3 gear?

In order to solo group dungeons, you must have great spec and great gear. The risk is immense, but groups are not hunting the rat in the dungeon.

I don't like the change, as soloing is my main source of fame.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • It’s true, but my rl friends picked up the spec recently and are soloing t6 and t7 with poor spec.

Yea it’s expensive and a high risk, but that doesn’t mean it’s not stupid broken.
      It just shouldn’t be possible to solo complete solo dungs with such ease and efficiency.

It’s literally better fame than a decent meta grp right now.

mot would be one thing If it was like old specs that could clear some packs etc. But doing that PLUS the bosses?! I can post a vid of me killing golden boss or lots of purple bosses and it’s obvious that it’s too easy regardless of high risk..
    • Your wearing the best gear in the game, with a build that specializes in pve single target damage. You risk very expensive gear in this process, and would be dunked easily IF a group rolled up on you. Your risk multiple dungeons worth of loot to be able to farm mobs that are 3 tiers below you (8.3 vs 8 as an example).

1h dagger was trash for a very very long time. Then SBI finally got around to reworking it (but still forget to buff witchwork staff aoe) to the version we have today, and you know what, people applauded and started using it. A t4 hunter hood kills any 1h dagger user; balanced.

When Avalonian archers were introduced, they were soloable with a very specific build. SBI didn't nerf the build, they changed how the mobs spawned and well, there went that fame train.

Sadly, I bet the nerf is not because of fame, but because of the upcoming t7/t8 resource spirits. They don't want the roads to be soloable by folks like me, high tier gatherers.

• Crane wrote:

Your wearing the best gear in the game, with a build that specializes in pve single target damage. You risk very expensive gear in this process, and would be dunked easily IF a group rolled up on you. Your risk multiple dungeons worth of loot to be able to farm mobs that are 3 tiers below you (8.3 vs 8 as an example).

1h dagger was trash for a very very long time. Then SBI finally got around to reworking it (but still forget to buff witchwork staff aoe) to the version we have today, and you know what, people applauded and started using it. A t4 hunter hood kills any 1h dagger user; balanced.

When Avalonian archers were introduced, they were soloable with a very specific build. SBI didn't nerf the build, they changed how the mobs spawned and well, there went that fame train.

Sadly, I bet the nerf is not because of fame, but because of the upcoming t7/t8 resource spirits. They don't want the roads to be soloable by folks like me, high tier gatherers.
      no! You must be wrong! It is the solo patch..
    • Another reason the nerf is needed is because solo people have been going into Blue and Yellow zones and taking the group dungeon content away from the newer players. Those dungeon instances were already challenging to get because of competition with other groups but have become worse with solo players in Gucci dagger / torch gear now also competing for them.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Paytriarch ().

• Crane wrote:

Your wearing the best gear in the game, with a build that specializes in pve single target damage. You risk very expensive gear in this process, and would be dunked easily IF a group rolled up on you. Your risk multiple dungeons worth of loot to be able to farm mobs that are 3 tiers below you (8.3 vs 8 as an example).

You do realise that you’re arguing that there should be a specific build that solo group dungeons with ease? Cause daggers was weak for long?

I was soloing 7grp dungs with way less gear, i just upgraded to make it more efficient and the fact that I can afford it.

the problem here is that people like you are watching this with egoistic view.
      Anyone who care for the game should understand that there shouldn’t be a specific spec to be able to solo group content, ESPECIALLY not that easy.

about the archers, they were indeed broken. I gained 70m ingame stat fame before they nerfed it, about 2m in game stats fame per hour. I was mapping three zones with the four arches per zones just running around. THAT was too easy fame if anything
    • Paytriarch wrote:

Another reason the nerf is needed is because solo people have been going into Blue and Yellow zones and taking the group dungeon content away from the newer players. Those dungeon instances were already challenging to get because of competition with other groups but have become worse with solo players in Gucci dagger / torch gear now also competing for them.
      Nobody do that t4-t5 yellow dgs
      There’s literally no point to do them
      T4-t5 bz are safe and not populated at all
    • Crane wrote:

It's not that easy, that's the problem. You fucks think it's a walk in the part to do. It is not.

THE REPAIR COSTS ARE OUTRAGEOUS. Fuck this shit. Nobody mentions that.

Fuck it all. Fame books for me.
      I’ve seen the YouTube videos, people are seriously using things like demon cape and bridgewatch cape, people are using torches and crypt offhand.
      People are bad and can’t think for themselves and build better specs hence they die a lot.

no, do it right and learn to play and you won’t die even once and the repair bills are not much at all.

the PVE mechanics in this game are so easy it’s a joke. Monsters so the same damage, the very same abilities at the exact same time, every time, there is no RNG in damage or abilities in this game.
      How people keep dying on packs and bosses that they can kill is a mystery to me.

Again; you are arguing that group content should be able to be soloed cause people are bad and will get high repair costs?
      Have you considered that, if you consider it hard, you might not be a very good PVE player?

for example, I suck at PVP. I really do.
      But PVE? Never played a easier game with easier PVE mechanics than this game.
      there is literally no randomness in how monsters behave in this game, you just need to learn how to handle the very few different bosses and monster packs and then know your limit.

And the main thing is, GROUP CONTENT SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BE SOLOED WITH SUCH EFFICIENCY.
      How efficient it is, that’s the huge problem.
      It’s not really relevant that it’s a bit tricky or a little hard(it’s a learning curve, it simply won’t be hard if you put in effort to learn it), and it’s not relevant that it’s high risk.
    • Brizi wrote:

Crane wrote:

It's not that easy, that's the problem. You fucks think it's a walk in the part to do. It is not.

THE REPAIR COSTS ARE OUTRAGEOUS. Fuck this shit. Nobody mentions that.

Fuck it all. Fame books for me.
      I’ve seen the YouTube videos, people are seriously using things like demon cape and bridgewatch cape, people are using torches and crypt offhand.People are bad and can’t think for themselves and build better specs hence they die a lot.

no, do it right and learn to play and you won’t die even once and the repair bills are not much at all.

the PVE mechanics in this game are so easy it’s a joke. Monsters so the same damage, the very same abilities at the exact same time, every time, there is no RNG in damage or abilities in this game.
      How people keep dying on packs and bosses that they can kill is a mystery to me.

Again; you are arguing that group content should be able to be soloed cause people are bad and will get high repair costs?
      Have you considered that, if you consider it hard, you might not be a very good PVE player?

for example, I suck at PVP. I really do.
      But PVE? Never played a easier game with easier PVE mechanics than this game.
      there is literally no randomness in how monsters behave in this game, you just need to learn how to handle the very few different bosses and monster packs and then know your limit.

And the main thing is, GROUP CONTENT SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO BE SOLOED WITH SUCH EFFICIENCY.
      How efficient it is, that’s the huge problem.
      It’s not really relevant that it’s a bit tricky or a little hard(it’s a learning curve, it simply won’t be hard if you put in effort to learn it), and it’s not relevant that it’s high risk.
      Your efficiency is fucking bullshit. It doesn't exist like you state.

• It's actually like one of few niches in the game, the thing I dislike in the game is how broken every build is. I would not change it ever, it is the Royal Leather shoes I wear, It is the trinity spear I use(buff trinity spear's distance), It is the riding moa pre-mount buffs.. . .