Chain killing

• Chain killing

I'm getting really pissed at this. Finally found one of the new dungeons that was uncleared. got through 2 chests and 2 guys came in and started chain downing me. After 3 times, I got ticked, killed the game for 14 minutes and then did a leave.

Had not been playing outside for 5 minutes when the same 2 guys chased me down and starts again. So I killed game again.

Is this sort of juvenile crap what SBI encourages with their open PvP policy?,

Just got back to the city. This crap cost me 214K silver in repair costs on armor and gear.
      Learn something new every day.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Geofors ().

• ImaDoki wrote:

Since i don't play these "not killable areas"... Cant you just A-out of the dungeon immediately after getting up without being hit?

Or mount up?
      You can't take a mount into a dungeon so that is out, second, every time you get hit, the A-out resets so no to both counts.

It's now turned into a direct harassment. They have come upon me outside the dungeon 3 times now and tried the same thing. Every time I go out to collect some resources they apparently find me somehow.

Any cure or redress for this?

The spell in that dungeon cost me 214K in repair costs to armor and gear so it's getting to be really annoying.
    • Hey Ancient Gamer....I think @ImaDoki means after you get knocked down and hace to wait to heal before you can get up again. After this you are given invulnerability and can hit A to get out of the dungeon at that time.

When you are in PVP areas, consider using lower tier gear. Yes higher teir gear is more effective, but a large portion of how effective your gear is has to do with your mastery and specialization with that gear.

1) if you lose it, it's not so expensive
      2) repairing it is magnitudes cheaper.

Once you get better at PvP, you can start creeping your gear up as you feel comfortable, and of course as you start building more savings and earning more money faster you can afford to lose the more expensive gear more often.

I hope this helps, and I hope I get to meet you in game.

Cheers,
      the not as ancient gamer.
    • WetWilly wrote:

Hey Ancient Gamer....I think @ImaDoki means after you get knocked down and hace to wait to heal before you can get up again. After this you are given invulnerability and can hit A to get out of the dungeon at that time.
      Didn't think it would work at that time. Think I remember hitting 'A' then, but can't remember for sure. If it happens again, I'll hit 'A' first to see if the countdown starts.
    • Hello, there are two things to consider:

1) chained... Yes. Several people love to do this, not for the solely purpose of making you lose Time (and expensive fix) ... Actually the point Is to tire you up until you resolve to die (and be looted). I managed to escape a couple of times from a party all themed Hallowen costume lol ... This people would be clasified as super trolls. And they actually can do this. So if you see them flagged better escape. Of course Is unfair, anoying and borderline with harrasement.

I agree with WetWilly about its suggestion with cheaper gear.

2) "they somehow find you again" this people tend to dive on maps, yet they don't gank. If you are always at same maps (and them) they probably targeted you. Not sure about your routes or activities - no need to- ... But if someone you meet them at different areas something weird could be happening and shall be reported.

Sorry that you have to deal with this, a week ago some guys did me the "gank 101" at Murkweald but I swear I didnt cry lol ...this time...

Hope things get better, see you around.

*Also for this situations Is nice to have a group or guild, you know... Help...revenge...* Of course, self suficienty Is something we all want.

Regards
      currently whatever is aceptable.
    • MeetAllTheStars wrote:

Hello, there are two things to consider:

1) chained... Yes. Several people love to do this, not for the solely purpose of making you lose Time (and expensive fix) ... Actually the point Is to tire you up until you resolve to die (and be looted). I managed to escape a couple of times from a party all themed Hallowen costume lol ... This people would be clasified as super trolls. And they actually can do this. So if you see them flagged better escape. Of course Is unfair, anoying and borderline with harrasement.

I agree with WetWilly about its suggestion with cheaper gear.

2) "they somehow find you again" this people tend to dive on maps, yet they don't gank. If you are always at same maps (and them) they probably targeted you. Not sure about your routes or activities - no need to- ... But if someone you meet them at different areas something weird could be happening and shall be reported.

Sorry that you have to deal with this, a week ago some guys did me the "gank 101" at Murkweald but I swear I didnt cry lol ...this time...

Hope things get better, see you around.

*Also for this situations Is nice to have a group or guild, you know... Help...revenge...* Of course, self suficienty Is something we all want.

Regards
      Mirkweald is my playground too. It's worth going even when getting killed, but I would like to get better at escaping. So far in the last 2 weeks, I have been killed 4 times.
    • WetWilly wrote:

Mirkweald is my playground too. It's worth going even when getting killed, but I would like to get better at escaping. So far in the last 2 weeks, I have been killed 4 times.

The Time I went there was for gathering stone purpose, indeed I reached a couple of points and I screwed when I resolved to come back by the tunnel again. So I agree about its worth. However BZ Is equivalent between risk and profit (only in this figurative idea). I need to make an escapist set altought Im not sure about eluding that "5 people gank, invisible, then BOOM, chained to floor, burning field, even a tornado on me lol" see you in game, maybe we can party sometime. Regards
      currently whatever is aceptable.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MeetAllTheStars ().

• New dungeons are bad, they should close after player enters. No way to enjoy the old school dungeons or have any time to look around. At current state they cant really be enjoyed at all, always they are taken and if not you will see hijackers every 2-3 minutes.
      Only way to do them atm is to pvp flag up urself, wear some 8.x decent pvp gear and smack anyone down who enters. Just yesterday had an encounter where i had to down 2 divers 3 times before they left me alone, solo divers usually give up faster.
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3
    • Lohend wrote:

New dungeons are bad, they should close after player enters. No way to enjoy the old school dungeons or have any time to look around. At current state they cant really be enjoyed at all, always they are taken and if not you will see hijackers every 2-3 minutes.
      Only way to do them atm is to pvp flag up urself, wear some 8.x decent pvp gear and smack anyone down who enters. Just yesterday had an encounter where i had to down 2 divers 3 times before they left me alone, solo divers usually give up faster.
      Tbh, from what i have experienced, its a lot more peacefull to go to black zones straight away. I used to be around redzones a lot too, but i would recommend everyone to just skip over those. Just go straight to the BZ. They might sound more dangerous, but there r less people around and the loot is better too. I have been doing Solo T5 and T6 dungeons in the BZ for the last couple of days and only got dove once and ganked like maybe 4 times. Diving happened loads more in redzones. Plus if you are in a guild with a hideout you can just do dungeons around that and store your loot in the hideout right after, so you dont carry all the expensive stuff around.
    • The mistake a lot of newer players make with yellow zone pvp is that they overreact to getting knocked down in pvp. Instead of just calmly making use of the immunity to leave in the most efficient way possible, they start popping abilities that dismiss the immunity. Like ImaDoki suggested, mount up if you're above ground or A out if in a dungeon.
    • SirusX715 wrote:

The mistake a lot of newer players make with yellow zone pvp is that they overreact to getting knocked down in pvp. Instead of just calmly making use of the immunity to leave in the most efficient way possible, they start popping abilities that dismiss the immunity. Like ImaDoki suggested, mount up if you're above ground or A out if in a dungeon.
      I think that get's learned. New players don't know the ins and outs of everything. Even with all the research I have done, I keep finding out things that I could only learn through gameplay.