Dont Remove Swaps in 2v2 without knowing what this entails.

    • Dont Remove Swaps in 2v2 without knowing what this entails.



      @Korn
      Just wanted to start this by saying, in a perfect world i would love removing gear swapping from hellgates. But in the current state of 2v2 just removing gear swaps will completely screw up 2v2's.

      Right now, the only reason why quarterstaff with Blazing/Badon teams arent 100% winrate (even though they barely die anyways), is because people are able to swap to for example a mercenary hood so they don't get shat inside every hellgate.
      Quarterstaff Blazing/Badon is just 1 example of many broken builds that can only be countered by swapping a gear slot.

      Now you might say ''just run merc hood or something else defensive by default''. Yeah this is possible, but it would also completely remove the healer/dps min maxing community that likes to theory craft and actually improve their skill and micro game (little decisions and skill based changes that make 1 team win over the other).

      Now look, 2v2's are already not supported by the game devs to be a competitive and high level environment (even though me and a lot of other people desperately want it to be because we enjoy it so much).
      So if the devs vision for 2v2 really is to dumb down 2v2's making them even more brainless and making sure double dps and quarterstaff are the only viable things in 2v2's. Then go right ahead.


      I care about 2v2's a lot, i've been streaming and playing 2s for about 1.5 years, so i really had to get this off my chest and share my perspective after i read that post. Do whatever is best for the game.

      Peace,

      Wolfo.
    • There are certainly some strong comp combinations but all of these comps are susceptible to other comps. This is precisely why gear swap needs to go away. If you can bring in purge, pure damage, knock back, or ice block all with you and then randomly put on exactly what you want after seeing your opponent it removes the inherent risk of gates.

      Knowing gear swap is disabled players will need to decide on making a balanced team build or going ham in one direction like pure DPS for example. Having a 95% win rate because you bring in ALL possible counter gear to guarantee yourself a high probability of winning is not competitive or impressive. Winning at a high clip against unknown opponents without swapping gear because you outplay opponents is what is impressive.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Tabor ().

    • Yay! Lets the river of rats tears start from here.

      1. Gear swap is a cancer of HGs.
      2. But the skill change on the item, should be allowed any time, and it should reset CD just for item what skill is changed.

      And, btw, this is how RT manipulate the players feedback. I am pretty sure they cant share the RT posts.

      Nice try "fair RT players", who care nothing but your own profit.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by iRawr ().

    • iRawr wrote:

      Yay! Lets the river of rats tears start from here.

      1. Gear swap is a cancer of HGs.
      2. But the skill change on the item, should be allowed any time, and it should reset CD just for item what skill is changed.

      And, btw, this is how RT manipulate the players feedback. I am pretty sure they cant share the RT posts.

      Nice try "fair RT players", who care nothing but your own profit.
      I do not like Legal. Im not in his discord. I made this post without any outside influence.
    • wolfo70 wrote:

      I do not like Legal. Im not in his discord. I made this post without any outside influence.
      Sure, ill believe you right when some people make such post, and then say:
      -No its not my opinion, i am just helping rat players to save they content. ^^ Because they ask me for it.

      Do you think alot of ppl will say so, even if its true? :D So sorry, but i finding it pretty strange, this post was created right after this message in one of the biggest HG channels.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by iRawr ().

    • iRawr wrote:

      wolfo70 wrote:

      I do not like Legal. Im not in his discord. I made this post without any outside influence.
      Sure, ill believe you right when some people make such post, and then say:-No its not my opinion, i am just helping rat players to save they content. ^^ Because they ask me for it.

      Do you think alot of ppl will say so, even if its true? :D So sorry, but i finding it pretty strange, this post was created right after this message in one of the biggest HG channels.
      I created This post because this was posted in my guild's discord. Believe it or dont believe i dont really give a shit....I stand behind what i said
    • iRawr wrote:

      Quazars wrote:

      I really hope they don't remove swaps... seems like a horrible idea
      Yea, winning a fights because you got really nice and flex build is horrible!Much better if you win because you checked the opponent gear, and equip counter items after that.
      :thumbsup:
      Its not really about that though. Most of our community play 2v2's to find good healer/dps opponents and to have a fun and enjoyable fight about skill. Removing swaps will remove everyone's motivation to even play 2v2's. The only motivation left would be that its a good money maker, playing in 2+ mil 6.1 sets like i do is not the best money maker in 2v2 at all. If i wanted to make money i'd play some 4.1 shitter shit or quarterstaff comp.
    • Wolfo I find your post interesting when you say you feel getting rid of gear swaps dumbs down and makes 2s brainless. I feel strongly the opposite. The current state of 2s is dumbed down because of swaps. Also to your point of theory crafting more of this would happen if swapping was not allowed not less of it. Just be honest that you want full control of all fight encounters with the swap option. I do look forward to seeing opinions on this topic as whether you are for or against this change it is a massive change.
    • wolfo70 wrote:

      iRawr wrote:

      Quazars wrote:

      I really hope they don't remove swaps... seems like a horrible idea
      Yea, winning a fights because you got really nice and flex build is horrible!Much better if you win because you checked the opponent gear, and equip counter items after that. :thumbsup:
      Its not really about that though. Most of our community play 2v2's to find good healer/dps opponents and to have a fun and enjoyable fight about skill. Removing swaps will remove everyone's motivation to even play 2v2's. The only motivation left would be that its a good money maker, playing in 2+ mil 6.1 sets like i do is not the best money maker in 2v2 at all. If i wanted to make money i'd play some 4.1 shitter shit or quarterstaff comp.
      If quarterstaff will dominate, then counterbuild will appears. If counter build will dominate, we will see the counterbuild for quarterstaff counterbuild, and good vs quarterstaff.

      But you'll never know who you gonna fight, before you enter the HG.

      It is will be about strategic, players skill, flex builds and experiments with builds and team compositions. But not about, i can bring all builds to counter the opponent, and try to win before he will swap to counter me.

      How do you think why the true PvP games have "blind pick", or "draft pick", options?

      But there is no good PvP games with options:
      "pick the counter characters right after enemy team is locked up with they choices". Or option to:
      "buy a second pick after match was started".

      Because it is competitive as PvP should be.
    • Gearswap is the source of all issues on 2hg

      Usually, rock paper scissors balances what u bring on regarding IP invest etc.

      Now with gearswap u bring in if a whale all weapons and all counterplay.

      With that 99% of all engagement are just swap to perfect counter gear and GG u can without any skill win.

      On top your risk is basically gone, except to another super gear swap team.

      Did u see fights where the teams run, come, run, come because they swap until they feel comfortable to that?

      You have a bow? Wait I need purge helm and purge robe.. what ? My bow is now useless, wait I go dagger.. what? Dagger? Wait..my purge is now useless..run.. okay I am curse now..what curse?? Wait I want guardian or merc hood..

      Loop..

      Do u call this skill based? Nope not at all..

      Skill based means u fight based on what u go in.

      So choose whisley and don't count on run countergeae to win with minimal skill

      On top it sets the entry barrier for newer player super high, regarding money and spec as not 400 in one is key but now u need 400 in all swap..

      So swap is crap..

      And regarding wolfo.. there is a video where he brags to have won a fight because opponent was baited by wolfo with a bow to wrong counter gear and wolfo win cause of that..

      I fully understand if swap is u source of winning..but it is time u focus on skill more as on money as gear in backpack

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().

    • @wolfo70do not get baited by that troll iRawr.

      I believe you are not a fan of swaps as I remember the cool video "How to beat sweaty tryhards" had a kek. And I am not a lover of 10+ swaps in some people's inventories I would categorize it as a disorder.

      Judging by this thread I am saying in blind without anybody leaking anything to me did the Round Table discuss getting rid of swaps in 2v2s? To what degree and how?
      Im więcej ludzi na ZvZ tym Surfy i Poe będą mniej hajsu chcieli za nie wyjebanie waszej ziemianki. Wojna Polsko Polska AO. Wesołe Ziemniaczki.
    • I don't know in what world or dimension gear swap to get rid of hard matchup is considered to be a skilled gameplay. Idk in what world or dimension right click one time and wait 10s to autowin a 2v2 hg is considered being skilled. Quite laughable statement.

      When you tell us that :

      wolfo70 wrote:

      to theory craft and actually improve their skill and micro game (little decisions and skill based changes that make 1 team win over the other).
      But you don't take a harder match'up with your actual gear and micro game with you buddy and instead decide to swap 1-2 gear instead, i found it to be very lazy reaction. Sorry i can't buy this argument and the more reason to remove the ability to swap gears inside of hg.

      So if some specific build are 100% WR because of a gimmick or broken mechanic that means there is some weapon balance to do. That's all.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Owlsane ().

    • To be honest the under laying problem here is how much of a rock-paper-scissor the small scale fights can be. What i would like to see in albion is more gear slots i.e more skills. If players had more skills under their belts in a fight they could use a jack of all trades kind of build that can at least put on a fight versus different opponents. Then it would be o.k to restrict gear swaps. This however could result in people finding even more cheesy wacky builds so I'm not sure if there is a definite solution for this.
    • If swaps are to be removed it will create an universal meta for everybody, sets of gear for melee dps, ranged dps + healer, 1shot comps (not using that many swaps anyway) and so on and it will be set in stone, no tinkering inside

      hard specs will win, higher tiers will win, you will be still allowed to change spells on your gear? That counts as customization find the best spell combination with the gear on you against different comps if you can not win you should still be able to pull out and play another gate it's not like inability to swap gear means certain death...?

      hellgates used to be more straight forward before the nasty 20 swaps meta came to be it started with people trying to counter rats then they saw it's effective to bring multiple items to adjust to the comp enemies are running
      rats got nerfed and swaps remained, it does not make those players that much more skillful if they can just afford to haul bank tab of inventory into the hellgate it makes them look unhealthy i was honestly tired of a guy having his healer rush me and my mate putting us both in combat while dude was switching between 3 T7 sets

      i would prefer to not be able to switch and for enemies to also not be able to switch and see the meta where what you come in matters, where you can still make the difference by using different spells against different comps
      Im więcej ludzi na ZvZ tym Surfy i Poe będą mniej hajsu chcieli za nie wyjebanie waszej ziemianki. Wojna Polsko Polska AO. Wesołe Ziemniaczki.
    • TeenageDDirtbag wrote:

      What i would like to see in albion is more gear slots i.e more skills. If players had more skills under their belts in a fight they could use a jack of all trades kind of build that can at least put on a fight versus different opponents. Then it would be o.k to restrict gear swaps.

      We need:

      head
      chest
      legs
      feet
      arms
      hands
      necklace
      cloak
      jewelry
      belt
      rings x2
      bracers x2

      :thumbup:
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

      T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

      400 Holy Spec