Dont Remove Swaps in 2v2 without knowing what this entails.

• Agreed on the Quarterstaff comp being cancer simply because it can reset if he whiffs or you block engage. Properly played 1h curse still destroys the QS about 10 seconds into the fight before he can get away but that is the only effective build that appears to be available to kill that comp quickly. The main problem though in gates in general as has been mentioned is the ease to reset fights if you fuck up CDs or just do not like the flow. Hopefully they work on that piece as well in the near future.
    • wolfo70 wrote:

People using swaps and getting 95% winrate alot because of it yes. but braindead 1 shot comps dont even need swaps to reach it. Currently, the only counter to the 1 shots is people with swaps, thats why its fucked. I want swaps removed but please also do something about the current state and the even worse state of 2v2's it will make if they dont balance anything and just flat out remove swaps,
      SBI is working on it. No need to worries.
    • Owlsane wrote:

wolfo70 wrote:

People using swaps and getting 95% winrate alot because of it yes. but braindead 1 shot comps dont even need swaps to reach it. Currently, the only counter to the 1 shots is people with swaps, thats why its fucked. I want swaps removed but please also do something about the current state and the even worse state of 2v2's it will make if they dont balance anything and just flat out remove swaps,
      the oneshot is NOT the issue. I am even happy it exists.

The issue is the design of the 2HG.

If at the chest the area would lock and the entrance to the chest area be one way and u have to fight it out and cannot run in unlimited circles, hg would be about fighting and 1shot balanced..
    • I remember when 2's were first introduced and I argued that they've missed an opportunity to implement 3vs3 HG's instead and have a more easily balanced and interesting instanced PvP platform.

The meta changed since introduced but was always a bit of rock-paper-scissors and then the swap meta that in my opinion is pretty lame. Balancing builds in Albion is complicated considering the same builds should be applicable for other types of content from solo to large ZvZ, particularly challenging it seems balancing these HG's.

Anyway I agree with most people here that it's easier to balance them if people have fixed items (but swappable skills) and are not swapping endlessly. And I agree that layout could be adjusted to balance certain builds too.

To resume my opinion is (If it was me deciding):
      • Transform 2vs2's into 3vs3's (easier to balance, more interesting comps to run and potentially more skill based rather than RPS);
      • If 2vs2's remain remove swaps but allow for change of skills in your items;
      • Adjust layout.
      For the 2vs2 "kings" and swappers there's not a lot to say... you've been abusing something that is not balanced in Albion. It seems they're taking your food away... no sympathy from me. I don't really see 2vs2's as "top-notch" PvP or high skill required to do them.

It seems SBI is actually more in-tune to balance their game.

Take care
    • Swaps BAD!

Sure, consider that if you stumble upon two rats who can burst damage the chest grab it and run you will be unable to swap to Double-Bladed Staff and Soldier Boots.
      Wanting to go back to misery ratting in 2v2s used to be? Go ahead. It will not be a problem to make a build just for stealing the chest and steal it from people who do not have a build for chasing.

From one problem you are directing the game towards another.
      Im więcej ludzi na ZvZ tym Surfy i Poe będą mniej hajsu chcieli za nie wyjebanie waszej ziemianki. Wojna Polsko Polska AO. Wesołe Ziemniaczki.
    • Owlsane wrote:

wolfo70 wrote:

You dont know that though LOL
    • wolfo70 wrote:

Owlsane wrote:

wolfo70 wrote:

man, it is them - they have always delivered and fixed everything

I don't get why you have any doubts..

It might take some time, but it is always getting addressed, even if it takes years..
    • removing gear swap will give them time to collect more information to better balance the 2v2 meta.

the game is kind of supposed to be a bit rock paper scissors, but they do intend on a more skill based balance system than a counter based balance system anyway as per the 1v1 dungeon dev talk.

i always assume one shots personally, especially as a healer being able to break yourself out of a stunlock is one of the best abilities you can have. you might not always face a one shot comp, but more times than not someones going to try and shut you down with silence, fear or splitting you off with knockbacks.
      generic signature
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

wolfo70 wrote:

Owlsane wrote:

wolfo70 wrote:

It might take some time, but it is always getting addressed, even if it takes years..
      Im więcej ludzi na ZvZ tym Surfy i Poe będą mniej hajsu chcieli za nie wyjebanie waszej ziemianki. Wojna Polsko Polska AO. Wesołe Ziemniaczki.
    • What about letting player to change 1 item ONCE while inside of the 2v2?

Meta is a mess if you forfeit the swaps 1shots own everybody if you see it's a 1shot you need mercenary hood or ur dead while being chased through the mobs. Wish lots of guys here would play some more 2v2s not just be unified in hate for those who had to use swaps because 2v2 hellgates were forever ignored by the developers of the game :/
    • keyfouyr wrote:

What about letting player to change 1 item ONCE while inside of the 2v2?

Meta is a mess if you forfeit the swaps 1shots own everybody if you see it's a 1shot you need mercenary hood or ur dead while being chased through the mobs. Wish lots of guys here would play some more 2v2s not just be unified in hate for those who had to use swaps because 2v2 hellgates were forever ignored by the developers of the game :/
      merc hood had to be a default option
    • I agree with that weapon swaping should be allowed in 2v2 ( because i actually play 2v2 with a healer ) and yes i bring swaps , and i dont think it is broken since this option is viable to everybody and if you dont want your oponents to swap just run after them and put them into combat .

If the swaping will be removed it will make healer + dps comb imposible to play agains quaterstaff+blazing/dagger/perma/xyz . Now we have some variety we have plenty of one-shots still played , healers+dps( theese will suffer the most of the swapping will be removed ) and rats .

So i am against removing ability to swap in 2v2 , because at the end of the day some shit will go wrong and you will loose that big investment into swaps.

Regarding the balancing game issue that sbi has , they should ask players who actually play the game and are good at it and have theyr opinion higher value over new player ones.
    • Lama88 wrote:

I agree with that weapon swaping should be allowed in 2v2 ( because i actually play 2v2 with a healer ) and yes i bring swaps , and i dont think it is broken since this option is viable to everybody and if you dont want your oponents to swap just run after them and put them into combat .

If the swaping will be removed it will make healer + dps comb imposible to play agains quaterstaff+blazing/dagger/perma/xyz . Now we have some variety we have plenty of one-shots still played , healers+dps( theese will suffer the most of the swapping will be removed ) and rats .

So i am against removing ability to swap in 2v2 , because at the end of the day some shit will go wrong and you will loose that big investment into swaps.

Regarding the balancing game issue that sbi has , they should ask players who actually play the game and are good at it and have theyr opinion higher value over new player ones.
      Its already confirmed to be removed unfortunatly. They wont change it back anymore..... :( :( :( :( . And yes this will fully kill heal + dps comps.
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

TeenageDDirtbag wrote:

What i would like to see in albion is more gear slots i.e more skills. If players had more skills under their belts in a fight they could use a jack of all trades kind of build that can at least put on a fight versus different opponents. Then it would be o.k to restrict gear swaps.
      We need:

head
      chest
      legs
      feet
      arms
      hands
      necklace
      cloak
      jewelry
      belt
      rings x2
      bracers x2

:thumbup:
      Why only 2 rings? Clearly 10 rings would be better, we also could have up to 20 piercings and up to 6 earings aswell. The earings could scale as your char is older on the server cause old people ears grow a lot so there is more room to put earing on old chars, makes sense right?
      :thumbsup: