Dont Remove Swaps in 2v2 without knowing what this entails.

    • Great stuff. The game needs radical changes which are going to force veteran players to adapt to new play style so that it remains new player friendly. The crying of Legal proves that there aren't enough people who would object against this idea so he needs to recruit & incite people into doing what is best for him and few others.

      If something is too strong it will get nerfed or a counter item will be created. Whatever the case, unkillable comps shouldn't exist in a game which strives for balanced combat.
      Life is Heaven & Hell is Living
    • I've been streaming and playing 2s for about a year too.

      My opinion - this change must be tested in game. At least it will make some classes playable in hellgate.

      For example - i have 3 - 4 heads always with me. If I see curse I will use guardian helmet, this is 100% disabler for curse staff. For bow I have fiend cowl.

      We can give this a try and look how it will change the meta.

      But I agree, this can completely break hellgates gameplay. Looks like it can make hg much more random. Like roulette where you can not adapt to your opponents. Hardcore players will leave :(

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Mnill ().

    • We have used to have a meta with less/without swaps it was the time of old Outlands.
      Cultist Robe Warbow used to be very strong a handful of items was very overpriced.

      I remember seeing lots of Broadsword + Healer, Double Warbow, Rats, 1shot Pikes.
      Im więcej ludzi na ZvZ tym Surfy i Poe będą mniej hajsu chcieli za nie wyjebanie waszej ziemianki. Wojna Polsko Polska AO. Wesołe Ziemniaczki.
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

      TeenageDDirtbag wrote:

      What i would like to see in albion is more gear slots i.e more skills. If players had more skills under their belts in a fight they could use a jack of all trades kind of build that can at least put on a fight versus different opponents. Then it would be o.k to restrict gear swaps.
      We need:

      head
      chest
      legs
      feet
      arms
      hands
      necklace
      cloak
      jewelry
      belt
      rings x2
      bracers x2

      :thumbup:
      yet i know its impossible, i would love it.

      This game requires some customization...
    • Finally you have to put in thought into your team composition, just as it was intended from the beginning.

      Some chokepoints in hg's would also be hugely appreciated. One shot comps should not be able to reposition and reset infinitely, if they fail too much attemps the map layout should punish them for constant retreat. The circular hg layout definetly isnt doing a good job at it.

      Small party content slowly but surely gets improvements, i like it.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

      People with 95%+ win rate using swaps are afraid that it will become impossible to keep such high win rate by skill only...
      Yes.

      But it will also push the meta towards limited number of items and the rest will be considered trash while now the variety exists.
      There used to be a 2v2 HG Meta in OLD OUTLANDS where it was just Cultist Robes and Warbows and infinite kiting.
      Developers were pretty busy with reworking GVG or some stuff...

      It was not ideal because some items were 500k - 700k a piece the rest was cheap and had practically no chance.
      Those *paying* had higher win rate than everybody else\ namely Money Guild and the likes./
      Im więcej ludzi na ZvZ tym Surfy i Poe będą mniej hajsu chcieli za nie wyjebanie waszej ziemianki. Wojna Polsko Polska AO. Wesołe Ziemniaczki.
    • blocking items swap has to be default, there is no contestation. But some builds really are very OP. I think they have to register the winrate of every build combination after blocking swaps, to balance things based on that.

      If they do not implement swap block, things will not be balanced because it will become harder to track the winrate of every build combination.

      Also i think that the block has to be only at items, not in skills. So if i am running nature and i see a stunlock build, i change to cleanse in W. But the CD could double from 10 to 20 sec to make possible people to punish that skill swapping.
    • keyfouyr wrote:

      ImaDoki wrote:

      People with 95%+ win rate using swaps are afraid that it will become impossible to keep such high win rate by skill only...
      Yes.
      But it will also push the meta towards limited number of items and the rest will be considered trash while now the variety exists.
      There used to be a 2v2 HG Meta in OLD OUTLANDS where it was just Cultist Robes and Warbows and infinite kiting.
      Developers were pretty busy with reworking GVG or some stuff...

      It was not ideal because some items were 500k - 700k a piece the rest was cheap and had practically no chance.
      Those *paying* had higher win rate than everybody else\ namely Money Guild and the likes./
      Yes, that is why you can clearly see in the incoming Balance Patch that overpowered weapons in x1 are being hit with nerfs.

      Nowadays Cultist Robe is just useful for weapons that can't proc Mercenary Jacket efficiently... and warbows and bloodletters are taking some considerable nerfs.


      It's way easier for the Devs to nerf weapons to make them balanced in an environment where no swaps are there.

      I'll repeat the same argument i used before:

      Can you imagine playing a match in League of Legends where the players can swap champions all game long, just by staying out of combat? It would be unfun as hell.
      The game would change from 'Try to win the game with what you have' to 'Who can swap faster and engage before the other side can swap', which isn't the intention.
    • Some comps are extremely powerful now, even without the swaps just with the spells swaps instead

      ex. 1shots
      - Quarterstaff + 1h Dagger it will be fine with and without swaps while a lot of comps will just have it harder
      - 2x 1h Mace (many variations) those will be extremely powerful
      - Light Crossbow + Bloodletter in fiend robe
      - 2x Pike
      - 2x Bloodletter in Plate they will spam Chain Slash then Windwall you away to finish you off

      all non-1shot players will diversify their equipment between (1/2) of them, so one has for example Mercenary Hood to Cleanse from CCs other guy will have more actual fight oriented helmet like the Helmet of Valor

      the items that are just useful in the most situations will shine while the rest that just works for certain situations will be put away
      Im więcej ludzi na ZvZ tym Surfy i Poe będą mniej hajsu chcieli za nie wyjebanie waszej ziemianki. Wojna Polsko Polska AO. Wesołe Ziemniaczki.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by keyfouyr: more comps. ().

    • People using swaps and getting 95% winrate alot because of it yes. but braindead 1 shot comps dont even need swaps to reach it. Currently, the only counter to the 1 shots is people with swaps, thats why its fucked. I want swaps removed but please also do something about the current state and the even worse state of 2v2's it will make if they dont balance anything and just flat out remove swaps,
    • wolfo70 wrote:

      People using swaps and getting 95% winrate alot because of it yes. but braindead 1 shot comps dont even need swaps to reach it. Currently, the only counter to the 1 shots is people with swaps, thats why its fucked. I want swaps removed but please also do something about the current state and the even worse state of 2v2's it will make if they dont balance anything and just flat out remove swaps,
      If one shots become too common, just bring Cleric Cowl, useful for a lot of situations and instantly kills one shot combos.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

      wolfo70 wrote:

      People using swaps and getting 95% winrate alot because of it yes. but braindead 1 shot comps dont even need swaps to reach it. Currently, the only counter to the 1 shots is people with swaps, thats why its fucked. I want swaps removed but please also do something about the current state and the even worse state of 2v2's it will make if they dont balance anything and just flat out remove swaps,
      If one shots become too common, just bring Cleric Cowl, useful for a lot of situations and instantly kills one shot combos.
      Cleric Cowl does not work against comps that have short cooldowns and can make fake engages then after immediately engage again. There is no single item that's a perfect counter against 1shots.

      1shots are so strong one reason being their low cooldowns and the ability to make one engage after another (while Your Cleric Cowl is still on cooldown or was baited).

      Maces are absolutely destroying people thanks to short cooldowns and interrupts.
      Im więcej ludzi na ZvZ tym Surfy i Poe będą mniej hajsu chcieli za nie wyjebanie waszej ziemianki. Wojna Polsko Polska AO. Wesołe Ziemniaczki.