Dev Talk: Roads of Avalon, Part 2

• Dev Talk: Roads of Avalon, Part 2

In our last Dev Talk, Game Director Robin Henkys introduced the Roads of Avalon, a massive new system coming with the next update. In this video, he discusses what you'll find when you leave the Roads and head into the Wilderness. (To watch Part 1, click here.)

Note: all current Rise of Avalon Dev Talks can be watched on Youtube with subtitles in all our supported languages: youtube.com/albiononlineofficial/

Read the full summary here: albiononline.com/news/devtalk-roads-of-avalon-part-2
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Maszke wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

C'mon dungeons for 10 in the wormholes

U have so much content for blobs in the blackzone, why do u give content blob again??
      blob forms at 11 players not 10.
      teacher! Teacher! I know something important.. it is not 10 it is 11!!!
      Well done, now sit down and further sharpen the pencil your comment really created an additional view on this topic.

Thanks
      up to 20x20 is still considered small scale, that even the Disarray doesn't start.

It's not like it's not possible to fill 200 men zergs inside the roads of avalon, it just takes a very long time to do it.

It will be surely abused, hideout wise, though. Leaving alts there to protect with 200 people in case of an incoming attack of, dunno, 10-20 fellas.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

Maszke wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

U have so much content for blobs in the blackzone, why do u give content blob again??
      blob forms at 11 players not 10.
      teacher! Teacher! I know something important.. it is not 10 it is 11!!!Well done, now sit down and further sharpen the pencil your comment really created an additional view on this topic.

Thanks
      up to 20x20 is still considered small scale, that even the Disarray doesn't start.
      It's not like it's not possible to fill 200 men zergs inside the roads of avalon, it just takes a very long time to do it.

It will be surely abused, hideout wise, though. Leaving alts there to protect with 200 people in case of an incoming attack of, dunno, 10-20 fellas.
      I mean, if we learned on thing about this game it is this: Everything that can be zerged, will be zerged if it brings just the smallest advantage..
    • Can you disincentive zergs from placing hideouts in the roads by making 1 ho in the roads count as 6 (the max limit of hideouts a guild can have)

Also if you are adding new game features to these roads, such as t7 t8 aspects, elite resource mobs, fame boosted dungeons, and a way to get avalonian shards. You are basically giving everybody a reason to live on these roads that are meant to be for small guilds and groups. Unless you somehow limit the number of people in each road at a time and make it so that people with a hideout in the road got a priority to zone in.

Given everything we know so far, I feel like these roads will end up being rented for x mil a day by zergs.
    • DeathMaestro wrote:

Can you disincentive zergs from placing hideouts in the roads by making 1 ho in the roads count as 6 (the max limit of hideouts a guild can have)

Also if you are adding new game features to these roads, such as t7 t8 aspects, elite resource mobs, fame boosted dungeons, and a way to get avalonian shards. You are basically giving everybody a reason to live on these roads that are meant to be for small guilds and groups. Unless you somehow limit the number of people in each road at a time and make it so that people with a hideout in the road got a priority to zone in.

Given everything we know so far, I feel like these roads will end up being rented for x mil a day by zergs.
      So i create alt guild. Place HO, give access to main guild, profit^^
    • iRawr wrote:

DeathMaestro wrote:

Can you disincentive zergs from placing hideouts in the roads by making 1 ho in the roads count as 6 (the max limit of hideouts a guild can have)

Maybe make hideouts in the roads private access only.
    • DeathMaestro wrote:

iRawr wrote:

DeathMaestro wrote:

Maybe make hideouts in the roads private access only.
      the issue starts somewhere else - it starts if development says small scale and solo update and things are in that require 10 people.. that is the issue
    • Mind blowingly good. Let’s just hope the end product lives up to the hype (we’ve been down this road before and the end product is usually a disappointment). Hopefully I’m wrong.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Skarvah wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

The years go by and your tears reveal that you remain the same crybaby Hollywoodi...

do you play this game or just cry over him?
      good question, recently I am more or less just following the forum.

From time to time I play some 2hg for a few days to then let it rest again for some weeks.

So tendency I cry more over it or try to shift it's path that it gets more interesting for me again.

I will probably give it a try again after release of this content patch so trying to shift a bit it's direction which is probably not gonna work..

Why u ask?