So many speed hacker last week? Is safe play?

• bbqsauceomgwtf wrote:

This month is especially tasty for speed hackers as everyone got spectral boars. Hackers cheat to get silver so they can turn it into gold which is then turned into real money.

5 million silver is like $10 USD so blowing up a player riding a spectral boar with any kind of load is a huge pay off if you take out multiple a day. This is currently the case with speed hackers as they create a brand new char and kill as many people as possible before they get banned. They are just like any other player interested in silver so they picked a juicy monthly challenge worth the effort of cheating.

My advice? Do not, I repeat, do not go into RZ/BZ with a mount that has a large carry capacity as you are a target to any speed hackers that pass by. Monitor the bug sub-forum often to see what kind of cheats are happening any given month so you can better prepare yourself in case someone tries to cheat on you.

Hopefully, this gets fixed fast as a number of people are angry with these unfair advantages taking place in full loot zones.
      honestly this is good advice any time, don't bring oxes and load mounts into RZ BZ, always an armored horse (or equivilent)
    • Mytherceria wrote:

Crane wrote:

@Mytherceria Given the frequency of the events, we simply don't believe you.
      If you continue to see the events happening since the OP's post, please send over the evidence to support. Otherwise, as already mentioned, players using the speedhack above have and will be taken care of by EAC.
      @Mytherceria I appreciate your willingness to do something about it on a case by case basis. But asking the community to record their gaming on the off chance you pick up a hacker is a rather unreasonable request. Yes we should report, but you should be able to take a name and algorithmically check the activity logs of the account. You should be able to use algorithms to detect when the server is receiving regular anomalous packets. It would be a simple "is this possible" check. Otherwise you are asking your paying customers to crowd quality assure your systems. Is that really what you are asking?

Don't you have a log aggregator like splunk or loglogic and a SIEM that can evaluate the log data? It's really as simple as "with the current rulesets in place, these are the only things we should see in incoming packets...if something doesn't match up right, flag the account for more indepth monitoring"

The post was edited 2 times, last by WetWilly ().

• WetWilly wrote:

Mytherceria wrote:

Crane wrote:

If you continue to see the events happening since the OP's post, please send over the evidence to support. Otherwise, as already mentioned, players using the speedhack above have and will be taken care of by EAC.
      @Mytherceria I appreciate your willingness to do something about it on a case by case basis. But asking the community to record their gaming on the off chance you pick up a hacker is a rather unreasonable request. Yes we should report, but you should be able to take a name and algorithmically check the activity logs of the account. You should be able to use algorithms to detect when the server is receiving regular anomalous packets. It would be a simple "is this possible" check. Otherwise you are asking your paying customers to crowd quality assure your systems. Is that really what you are asking?
      Don't you have a log aggregator like splunk or loglogic and a SIEM that can evaluate the log data? It's really as simple as "with the current rulesets in place, these are the only things we should see in incoming packets...if something doesn't match up right, flag the account for more indepth monitoring"
      If it was as you stated "really as simple as..." then this would not be a problem in the gaming industry as a whole. It is not a simple problem to solve.

SBI does a good job at it. How do I know this? Because you do not see these hacks often at all. Recently we had a uptick, hence the tar and pitchforks moment.

The recommendation to record is because most people these days have a computer that can do that by default; so it is not hard at all to ask users to upload and submit that footage. It takes just a few minutes and provides them direct, visual evidence of the offense.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • Another hack speed day on albion ..

Sad

albiononline.com/en/killboard/player/gXdgPSHgSM266i51ETPTbw

1 day account.
      222k pve fame.
      6kills in a single morning ( 12min )

:) He kill one and teletransport to the next target.
      Without cds and super speed.

And we have to listen from Admins '' its not real '' xD . 0 toler.... bla bla bla .
      Obviously he's using hack , even a child knows it.
      Same patron , tomorrow he will kill another 5-8ppl . and loggout.

The post was edited 1 time, last by N1colai ().

• N1colai wrote:

Another hack speed day on albion ..

Sad

1 day account.
      222k pve fame.
      6kills in a single morning ( 12min )

:) He kill one and teletransport to the next target.
      Without cds and super speed.

And we have to listen from Admins '' its not real '' xD . 0 toler.... bla bla bla .
      Obviously he's using hack , even a child knows it.
      Same patron , tomorrow he will kill another 5-8ppl . and loggout.

N1colai wrote:

Same guy ...

Same time

Same map

kill every1 and come invisible, invunerable . super speeed no cds.

Thanks, this has been investigated and dealt with.

Mytherceria#3744
    • Crane wrote:

WetWilly wrote:

Mytherceria wrote:

Crane wrote:

@Mytherceria I appreciate your willingness to do something about it on a case by case basis. But asking the community to record their gaming on the off chance you pick up a hacker is a rather unreasonable request. Yes we should report, but you should be able to take a name and algorithmically check the activity logs of the account. You should be able to use algorithms to detect when the server is receiving regular anomalous packets. It would be a simple "is this possible" check. Otherwise you are asking your paying customers to crowd quality assure your systems. Is that really what you are asking?Don't you have a log aggregator like splunk or loglogic and a SIEM that can evaluate the log data? It's really as simple as "with the current rulesets in place, these are the only things we should see in incoming packets...if something doesn't match up right, flag the account for more indepth monitoring"
      If it was as you stated "really as simple as..." then this would not be a problem in the gaming industry as a whole. It is not a simple problem to solve.
      SBI does a good job at it. How do I know this? Because you do not see these hacks often at all. Recently we had a uptick, hence the tar and pitchforks moment.

The recommendation to record is because most people these days have a computer that can do that by default; so it is not hard at all to ask users to upload and submit that footage. It takes just a few minutes and provides them direct, visual evidence of the offense.
      Actually, it is that easy....well it's not "easy" but it requires the right talent set and tools. What is almost universally reported is a lack of cyber security at gaming companies.

I appreciate the pro-SBI sentiment, and as a customer myself I am happy with Albion online, but it doesn't blind me to reality.

As a 35 year Information Technology veteran, with half of that experience being in or around information and assurance, I can most certainly tell you...Yes it is that easy for the right talent set.