An effective fix for ZvZ groups power projection

• IDK, maybe but i think the biggest reason for power projection is that we split our warcamp timers, and arent beholden to needing to field teams all over any attacks.

What used to be a twice daily zerging split up and is now in what 8 timers 00 03 05 08 12 15 18 21 or something like that.

This would be ok EXCEPT that there are the same number of zones, so if i am defending 4 territories, i might only have 2 territories at a time, instead of defending 4 that a.

ALSO look at old warcamps, 3-5 zones apart now i have 2 1800 territories TOUCHING, 1 zerg controls both of those 95% of the time because it isnt 2 battles its just 1.

Warcamps also were a daily pacify, or cost a fight, these territories, defending against attack is not possible based on that lack of defense, and that only what 8-10 guards have to be killed, and that wimpy mage. So really there is no daily warcamp to attend, instead you only defend when you have an active attack against you.

All of this together means they can easily keep their forces together while still projecting. I would change things to cause a forced decision to split or lose terri/castles... Perhaps they should have all territories need pacified on the timer, so if you are taking a castle you still need a pacification force... None of this day before launches stuff that allows for preparation. and moving homes etc.
    • gmatagmis wrote:

Currently all limits SBI has set, such a guild size limit, hideout per guild limit, territory number drain, and of course dissaray are easily passed with hideout access management.
      Any guild may have as many hideouts as they need anywhere, any power can make a pact of access to have full presence anywhere anytime.
      Making hideouts respawn an only guild option may make those limits work as intended.
      WTB skill
    • blappo wrote:

IDK, maybe but i think the biggest reason for power projection is that we split our warcamp timers, and arent beholden to needing to field teams all over any attacks.

What used to be a twice daily zerging split up and is now in what 8 timers 00 03 05 08 12 15 18 21 or something like that.

This would be ok EXCEPT that there are the same number of zones, so if i am defending 4 territories, i might only have 2 territories at a time, instead of defending 4 that a.

ALSO look at old warcamps, 3-5 zones apart now i have 2 1800 territories TOUCHING, 1 zerg controls both of those 95% of the time because it isnt 2 battles its just 1.

Warcamps also were a daily pacify, or cost a fight, these territories, defending against attack is not possible based on that lack of defense, and that only what 8-10 guards have to be killed, and that wimpy mage. So really there is no daily warcamp to attend, instead you only defend when you have an active attack against you.

All of this together means they can easily keep their forces together while still projecting. I would change things to cause a forced decision to split or lose terri/castles... Perhaps they should have all territories need pacified on the timer, so if you are taking a castle you still need a pacification force... None of this day before launches stuff that allows for preparation. and moving homes etc.
      More timezones allows a single zerg to soak a lot of content every day, that's why when castle time comes the same group gets not only the big castle but all the outposts around it as well, then the next timezone hits and the same happens.

But this is about power projection, about the main method to be able to stage from anywhere like it's their home, bring regears, set home, go anywhere and sustain fights anywhere, forcing fights to be more localized with this proposed idea would hit the power projection directly and give the realistic advantage/disadvantage war scenario that the groups fighting on the defensive on their home area are getting the regear/sustain advantage, it would progressively make fighting for your local home area more wanted and a potential far better conflict driver than what it happens today where half of the map is hand-holding together (literally thetford, half of martlock and fort sterling are one mega-coalition and bridgewatch + lymhurst are another).
    • TheBacon wrote:

More timezones allows a single zerg to soak a lot of content every day, that's why when castle time comes the same group gets not only the big castle but all the outposts around it as well, then the next timezone hits and the same happens.
      that is what i said. so you agree

TheBacon wrote:

But this is about power projection, about the main method to be able to stage from anywhere like it's their home, bring regears, set home, go anywhere and sustain fights anywhere,
      again if they had to split forces they cannot travel quickly.

While i agree setting home elsewhere is strong, if they can have a force at lym, and thetford go for it but each force would be smaller so the power projection wouldnt even apply.

If a Group fights for 0000 1 terri, then goes to 0300 to fight for a terri 12 zones away and sets home - then who cares, by both of them being 0000 timer instead of 2 separate timers they couldnt have had any opportunity to project power.

ALSO

My 2nd part of the solution is remove the attack mechanic, at 0000 you must pacify all 0000 territories daily, silver sink and players must be present at that terri.

If there were say 5 timers instead of 8 and you had to split to 3 territories on a single timer, and didnt have prior 24 hours knowledge of attacks you would have a dynamic set of fights each day,

IE BA is fighting Conflict over at 1 terri, both have main zergs on it, then a Bteam BA and haendel are off at a second fight, they leave small 5 man teams to guard and pacify 2-3 other territories, any small guild that wanted a terry could just walk over and grab it. they could try to move their zerg if they finished their battle. but it would be a daily battle against real contenders and small pirate guilds. constant conflict and content boosted across the board... after that consider castles ticking at the same time as you have forces doing pacifies, and a zerg rolls to a terry, and you have to give a large castle up to a nobody force because you have 3 battles appear out of no where.

seems like more conflict, more fighting, and more opportunity for smaller guilds to pirate away territories or outposts. = actually fighting tooth an nail for Season points each day.