NDA patch notes - where are we heading?

    • NDA patch notes - where are we heading?

      2 on 2 and 5 on 5 content

      Where are we heading?

      Flashbeal removed

      Sacred pulse crippled to dust

      Replacement is AOE group heal things in 4 m range, buffed as more are in the better..

      People in 5 on 5 learned one thing, spread and come back for reset..

      Now the game is as it was already - who can dive the enemy healer faster

      All the other heal things looking in 2 on 2 content untouched

      What the means, potentially generous heal on q, blessing on w or pulse crippled? And E of lifetouch

      But double dps will blow through this..current dagger meta without flash heal spam..

      I have yet to imagine how a healer will manage that..

      I fully understand the focus on 1on1 balance and ZvZ..

      I just wonder in structure small scale, is the healer role still reasonable represented?

      U already feel like on a shooting practice area as a healer in crystal with one issue.. on this shooting area u are the target..and now u get u last remaining defence removed..


      2 HG meta, any DPS + Chainslash / Execute or Deathgiver E..

      basically one hit Ray / E warbow combo ..anything that brins you below 1400 hp ..is granted death, anything that brings you below 1800 life ..is potential death

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().

    • Hollywoodi wrote:

      Sacred pulse crippled to dust
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but all they nerfed was the HOT right? So it's still an 8 second, instacast (now with a few milliseconds of stand time), AOE 20m+ Knockback that now ALSO does damage making it bar none the most effective CC in the game right now. If they changed the knock back, then I'd understand; but Sacred Pulse by itself is a complete game-changer that needed to be nerfed a long time ago.

      Healing shouldn't be mandatory in 2v2/5v5s. It's been a problem for a long time. A healer is never not going to be useful, but they were far too powerful in Albion to the point where they were absolutely required and there was so few counters to them; especially with Flash Heal. Constantly you'd watch healers tank thousands of points of damage while keeping 4 other people alive and the only way to kill them was via 8+ seconds of constant CC and insane burst or they'd heal back up to full in under 2 seconds. Completely broken and should have never been a thing: healers are not raid bosses and if a Healer has a Claymore in their face they should die every single time if they're wearing cloth, no discussion.
    • My friend, why u think think a healer that does zero damage, as in 5 on 5 no damage Spencer should die to a single claymore?

      If someone does zero damage and is there just to heal it MUST survive a single claymore

      A raidboss wipes a party - aka does damage - and heals or has a lot of life

      A healer has totally no damage has dropped all damage in order to heal - if a single dps can kill a healer then a healer makes no sense
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

      My friend, why u think think a healer that does zero damage, as in 5 on 5 no damage Spencer should die to a single claymore?
      Because right now, before this patch, a Healer could withstand multiple people wailing on them no problem. The only time they will EVER DIE is if they get chain cc'd. A 1H Dagger with Forbidden Stab can't even use his E because every 7.2 seconds he's being knocked 20m+ away while the healer infinitely heals himself. You can't single-handedly counter a healer in this game and it's been absolutely toxic. If two DPS focus a healer, they should die instantly; but instead 2v2 has been unplayable unless absolute perfection comes from the opposing team (usually involving Black Hands). In 5v5s it's even worse as Focusing the healer sometimes isn't even viable and instead you have to max out AOE with a strong single-target damage in order to stress the healer out enough to get a kill, and the healer is often the last thing to die.

      Hollywoodi wrote:

      If someone does zero damage and is there just to heal it MUST survive a single claymore
      No, that's the design problem with Albion in a nutshell and obviously SBI is aware of this by bumping Self-healing sickness up to 40% and making it easier to trigger. This is already done, and I'm super happy about it. I don't care if the healer has no problem keeping the other 4 guys alive, but a healer tanking tens of thousands of damage and single-handedly winning a fight because they're literally invulnerable without an entire team's worth of CC was garbage game design. Healer's should be fragile, but powerful, and require a team to help them out; not just sit there and tank multiple DPS like they're nothing. But it looks like SBI agrees and they are fixing it. Good design change. Healers healing themselves constantly = bad cancer that shouldn't be in the game, there's no defending that. If your strategy in 2v2 is Healer, that healer should be either fast as hell to kite the enemy or be wearing so much armor they're practically incapable of dying but their heals suffer as result. Either way, a healer is always going to be useful; and they're heading in the right direction making them less self-sustaining. I'm all for SBI making armor that is specifically for healers, give them 2-3 options, 2 Cloth, 1 Leather. Maybe even a plate option, I'd be fine with a Paladin-esque build option as a more physical fighter with the ability to dish out some decent healing.

      Hollywoodi wrote:

      A raidboss wipes a party - aka does damage - and heals or has a lot of life
      I don't understand whether it's language barrier or you being disingenuous with every reply, but that was obviously a joke. Healers right now can tank 2-3 DPS without dying unless chain cc'd, hence the raid boss reference.

      Hollywoodi wrote:

      A healer has totally no damage has dropped all damage in order to heal - if a single dps can kill a healer then a healer makes no sense
      And they should be literally invulnerable because of that why? There absolutely needs to a way where one person can absolutely destroy a healer. Daggers were supposed to be that, but since a healer is just using 3 defensives + massive heals they're practically invulnerable unless chain CC'd. SBI needs to massively nerf self-sustain across the board and they're starting to realize that: in this next patch the major self-sustain items are getting nerfed and healers are getting more healing sickness. Throw Guardian Helmet and Merc Jacket in there with them under the nerf section and we're in an even better place.

      But literally none of this matters because you didn't address the entire point of my point: you said Sacred Pulse is crippled to dust, and unless they nerfed the knock back or increased the cooldown, it's still one of the most overpowered abilities in the game just from a CC standpoint, the rest is gravy. Currently it's an 8 Second instacast ranged AOE 20m+ knockback (scales) that heals you which absolutely changes fights completely. This spell is completely broken, and honestly the changes just make it look MORE broken. The healing was just a minor bonus tbh, the actual usage was for interrupt and knockback.
    • Acoustic wrote:

      Hollywoodi wrote:

      My friend, why u think think a healer that does zero damage, as in 5 on 5 no damage Spencer should die to a single claymore?
      Because right now, before this patch, a Healer could withstand multiple people wailing on them no problem. The only time they will EVER DIE is if they get chain cc'd. A 1H Dagger with Forbidden Stab can't even use his E because every 7.2 seconds he's being knocked 20m+ away while the healer infinitely heals himself. You can't single-handedly counter a healer in this game and it's been absolutely toxic. If two DPS focus a healer, they should die instantly; but instead 2v2 has been unplayable unless absolute perfection comes from the opposing team (usually involving Black Hands). In 5v5s it's even worse as Focusing the healer sometimes isn't even viable and instead you have to max out AOE with a strong single-target damage in order to stress the healer out enough to get a kill, and the healer is often the last thing to die.

      Hollywoodi wrote:

      If someone does zero damage and is there just to heal it MUST survive a single claymore
      No, that's the design problem with Albion in a nutshell and obviously SBI is aware of this by bumping Self-healing sickness up to 40% and making it easier to trigger. This is already done, and I'm super happy about it. I don't care if the healer has no problem keeping the other 4 guys alive, but a healer tanking tens of thousands of damage and single-handedly winning a fight because they're literally invulnerable without an entire team's worth of CC was garbage game design. Healer's should be fragile, but powerful, and require a team to help them out; not just sit there and tank multiple DPS like they're nothing. But it looks like SBI agrees and they are fixing it. Good design change. Healers healing themselves constantly = bad cancer that shouldn't be in the game, there's no defending that. If your strategy in 2v2 is Healer, that healer should be either fast as hell to kite the enemy or be wearing so much armor they're practically incapable of dying but their heals suffer as result. Either way, a healer is always going to be useful; and they're heading in the right direction making them less self-sustaining. I'm all for SBI making armor that is specifically for healers, give them 2-3 options, 2 Cloth, 1 Leather. Maybe even a plate option, I'd be fine with a Paladin-esque build option as a more physical fighter with the ability to dish out some decent healing.

      Hollywoodi wrote:

      A raidboss wipes a party - aka does damage - and heals or has a lot of life
      I don't understand whether it's language barrier or you being disingenuous with every reply, but that was obviously a joke. Healers right now can tank 2-3 DPS without dying unless chain cc'd, hence the raid boss reference.

      Hollywoodi wrote:

      A healer has totally no damage has dropped all damage in order to heal - if a single dps can kill a healer then a healer makes no sense
      And they should be literally invulnerable because of that why? There absolutely needs to a way where one person can absolutely destroy a healer. Daggers were supposed to be that, but since a healer is just using 3 defensives + massive heals they're practically invulnerable unless chain CC'd. SBI needs to massively nerf self-sustain across the board and they're starting to realize that: in this next patch the major self-sustain items are getting nerfed and healers are getting more healing sickness. Throw Guardian Helmet and Merc Jacket in there with them under the nerf section and we're in an even better place.
      But literally none of this matters because you didn't address the entire point of my point: you said Sacred Pulse is crippled to dust, and unless they nerfed the knock back or increased the cooldown, it's still one of the most overpowered abilities in the game just from a CC standpoint, the rest is gravy. Currently it's an 8 Second instacast ranged AOE 20m+ knockback (scales) that heals you which absolutely changes fights completely. This spell is completely broken, and honestly the changes just make it look MORE broken. The healing was just a minor bonus tbh, the actual usage was for interrupt and knockback.
      So you think if players use all 5 slots for defensive items, and deal 0 damage, should be easily killed by one "ill put all to damage in 2 buttons, and one shot everyone kid"?

      So what for is defensive items then? Why should i sacrifice all damage to get killed by one guy who pressed hes unstoppable E?

      And read NDA - W pulse not have knock back anymore.
      Divine protection W allredy nerfed on defense and duration.

      If its will be so easy to kill one healer with 5 defensive slots of 5, all you got is a 2 healers meta back. That what you want? Long fights with unlimited resets?

      The post was edited 2 times, last by iRawr ().

    • iRawr wrote:

      So you think if players use all 5 slots for defensive items, and deal 0 damage, should be easily killed by one "ill put all to damage in 2 buttons, and one shot everyone kid"?
      You try to paint the picture like they're not doing anything else, just sitting there. They're healing, they're actively making the entire enemy team not deal any damage as well. Are you seriously telling me the Flash Heal meta and everything in 2v2s was fun to play?

      iRawr wrote:

      So what for is defensive items then? Why should i sacrifice all damage to get killed by one guy who pressed hes unstoppable E?
      Again, your entire point for some reason is, "I have all defenses and do no damage, what's the problem?" The problem is you're tanking literally tens of thousands of points of damage and without multiple players working together incredibly well you were essentially unkillable. It isn't good game design. It wasn't even hard to do, it was just broken design; especially in 2v2s. You could setup for specific kills on Healers, but rarely ever did being a healer turn into a liability. You know what did? Playing a Melee against a Holy Healer. Basically any melee, because every 7 seconds you're being blown back and if you had any abilities that could be interrupted by force-movement effects they were done because Sacred Pulse is essentially always up and always ready to counter you.

      iRawr wrote:

      And read NDA - W pulse not have knock back anymore.
      Where does it say that? Because if so, that's a BIG step in the right direction because the skill wasn't even just overpowered: it was oppressive. But here's the patch notes so far:

      Sacred Pulse (all Holy Staffs)
      • Removed the Heal over Time
      • The area now instantly heals up to 5 allies for 56 and also deals 112 magic damage to enemies
      • Hitdelay: 0.2s -> 0s
      • Standtime: 0.2s -> 0.5s
      I don't see anywhere that Sacred Pulse lost it's knock back, which is the entire reason the spell is used. It was a mandatory W slot addition unless you were fighting nothing but ranged. It required no skill nor strategy, and it absolutely destroyed a ton of weapons in the game. It amazes me Parry was so problematic and yet Sacred Pulse went untouched for this long.

      iRawr wrote:

      its will be so easy to kill one healer with 5 defensive slots of 5, all you got is a 2 healers meta back. That what you want? Long fights with unlimited resets?
      If healers are less effective at healing themselves, 2 healer meta comes back? They already fixed that with Healing sickness, so it wouldn't be a viable strategy then either and that's also accounting for less DPS and utility in the overall team composition. If your healer gets dove on, they shouldn't be standing in place spamming healing tanking thousands of points of damage and being essentially unkillable unless CC'd for several seconds straight by multiple characters (and even then that's not a problem because of Cleric Robe and Cowl and team cleanses). I don't know how you could disagree with that. Focus healer? He's invulnerable. Focus somebody else? Now you're not hitting the healer, so the target he's healing is now invulnerable. So now the only thing viable is spamming tons of AOE with one big nuke to hopefully stretch the healer thing enough to maybe get a kill. That's fun for you? Being locked into one design out of potentially hundreds all because you refuse to admit there's a problem that needs to be addressed? Healers should be powerful but fragile. They should struggle to protect themselves but excel at supporting a team. Forgoing a healer should be a viable strategy in structured play, especially if your team is set up to punish such things.

      One effect I've wanted in the game for a long time is a death heal, something that would convert any healing the target takes for the duration into damage (or hell, reflect it back at the healer to prevent team-trolling). That would fix so many problems in Albion in regards to Healers and Self-sustain which is a massive issue in every corner of the game right now. I would argue something like that would be a perfect fit for a remade Specter Jacket.
    • Acoustic wrote:

      iRawr wrote:

      So you think if players use all 5 slots for defensive items, and deal 0 damage, should be easily killed by one "ill put all to damage in 2 buttons, and one shot everyone kid"?
      You try to paint the picture like they're not doing anything else, just sitting there. They're healing, they're actively making the entire enemy team not deal any damage as well. Are you seriously telling me the Flash Heal meta and everything in 2v2s was fun to play?

      iRawr wrote:

      So what for is defensive items then? Why should i sacrifice all damage to get killed by one guy who pressed hes unstoppable E?
      Again, your entire point for some reason is, "I have all defenses and do no damage, what's the problem?" The problem is you're tanking literally tens of thousands of points of damage and without multiple players working together incredibly well you were essentially unkillable. It isn't good game design. It wasn't even hard to do, it was just broken design; especially in 2v2s. You could setup for specific kills on Healers, but rarely ever did being a healer turn into a liability. You know what did? Playing a Melee against a Holy Healer. Basically any melee, because every 7 seconds you're being blown back and if you had any abilities that could be interrupted by force-movement effects they were done because Sacred Pulse is essentially always up and always ready to counter you.

      iRawr wrote:

      And read NDA - W pulse not have knock back anymore.
      Where does it say that? Because if so, that's a BIG step in the right direction because the skill wasn't even just overpowered: it was oppressive. But here's the patch notes so far:
      Sacred Pulse (all Holy Staffs)
      • Removed the Heal over Time
      • The area now instantly heals up to 5 allies for 56 and also deals 112 magic damage to enemies
      • Hitdelay: 0.2s -> 0s
      • Standtime: 0.2s -> 0.5s
      I don't see anywhere that Sacred Pulse lost it's knock back, which is the entire reason the spell is used. It was a mandatory W slot addition unless you were fighting nothing but ranged. It required no skill nor strategy, and it absolutely destroyed a ton of weapons in the game. It amazes me Parry was so problematic and yet Sacred Pulse went untouched for this long.

      iRawr wrote:

      its will be so easy to kill one healer with 5 defensive slots of 5, all you got is a 2 healers meta back. That what you want? Long fights with unlimited resets?
      If healers are less effective at healing themselves, 2 healer meta comes back? They already fixed that with Healing sickness, so it wouldn't be a viable strategy then either and that's also accounting for less DPS and utility in the overall team composition. If your healer gets dove on, they shouldn't be standing in place spamming healing tanking thousands of points of damage and being essentially unkillable unless CC'd for several seconds straight by multiple characters (and even then that's not a problem because of Cleric Robe and Cowl and team cleanses). I don't know how you could disagree with that. Focus healer? He's invulnerable. Focus somebody else? Now you're not hitting the healer, so the target he's healing is now invulnerable. So now the only thing viable is spamming tons of AOE with one big nuke to hopefully stretch the healer thing enough to maybe get a kill. That's fun for you? Being locked into one design out of potentially hundreds all because you refuse to admit there's a problem that needs to be addressed? Healers should be powerful but fragile. They should struggle to protect themselves but excel at supporting a team. Forgoing a healer should be a viable strategy in structured play, especially if your team is set up to punish such things.
      One effect I've wanted in the game for a long time is a death heal, something that would convert any healing the target takes for the duration into damage (or hell, reflect it back at the healer to prevent team-trolling). That would fix so many problems in Albion in regards to Healers and Self-sustain which is a massive issue in every corner of the game right now. I would argue something like that would be a perfect fit for a remade Specter Jacket.
      regarding pulse knock back.. that is true and though isn't.

      Just the noob gets pushed away.

      The experienced player shadowed her by dagger to the holy while full damage buffed with a 1h dagger and after stunning the healer or target put the smoke cloud on top of it

      Or used a knight helmet to prevent the knock or the own healer in 2s blessed you during the attack..

      It is people that claim this or fat is op or a problem because they solo queue the tutorial arena and wonder why a knockback destroys their burst

      Usually the most OP combo that 2 people destroy any healer is a quarterstaff and a 1h dagger. Or even a single deathgiver kills it if played right..
    • Acoustic wrote:

      iRawr wrote:

      So you think if players use all 5 slots for defensive items, and deal 0 damage, should be easily killed by one "ill put all to damage in 2 buttons, and one shot everyone kid"?
      You try to paint the picture like they're not doing anything else, just sitting there. They're healing, they're actively making the entire enemy team not deal any damage as well. Are you seriously telling me the Flash Heal meta and everything in 2v2s was fun to play?

      iRawr wrote:

      So what for is defensive items then? Why should i sacrifice all damage to get killed by one guy who pressed hes unstoppable E?
      Again, your entire point for some reason is, "I have all defenses and do no damage, what's the problem?" The problem is you're tanking literally tens of thousands of points of damage and without multiple players working together incredibly well you were essentially unkillable. It isn't good game design. It wasn't even hard to do, it was just broken design; especially in 2v2s. You could setup for specific kills on Healers, but rarely ever did being a healer turn into a liability. You know what did? Playing a Melee against a Holy Healer. Basically any melee, because every 7 seconds you're being blown back and if you had any abilities that could be interrupted by force-movement effects they were done because Sacred Pulse is essentially always up and always ready to counter you.

      iRawr wrote:

      And read NDA - W pulse not have knock back anymore.
      Where does it say that? Because if so, that's a BIG step in the right direction because the skill wasn't even just overpowered: it was oppressive. But here's the patch notes so far:
      Sacred Pulse (all Holy Staffs)
      • Removed the Heal over Time
      • The area now instantly heals up to 5 allies for 56 and also deals 112 magic damage to enemies
      • Hitdelay: 0.2s -> 0s
      • Standtime: 0.2s -> 0.5s
      I don't see anywhere that Sacred Pulse lost it's knock back, which is the entire reason the spell is used. It was a mandatory W slot addition unless you were fighting nothing but ranged. It required no skill nor strategy, and it absolutely destroyed a ton of weapons in the game. It amazes me Parry was so problematic and yet Sacred Pulse went untouched for this long.

      iRawr wrote:

      its will be so easy to kill one healer with 5 defensive slots of 5, all you got is a 2 healers meta back. That what you want? Long fights with unlimited resets?
      If healers are less effective at healing themselves, 2 healer meta comes back? They already fixed that with Healing sickness, so it wouldn't be a viable strategy then either and that's also accounting for less DPS and utility in the overall team composition. If your healer gets dove on, they shouldn't be standing in place spamming healing tanking thousands of points of damage and being essentially unkillable unless CC'd for several seconds straight by multiple characters (and even then that's not a problem because of Cleric Robe and Cowl and team cleanses). I don't know how you could disagree with that. Focus healer? He's invulnerable. Focus somebody else? Now you're not hitting the healer, so the target he's healing is now invulnerable. So now the only thing viable is spamming tons of AOE with one big nuke to hopefully stretch the healer thing enough to maybe get a kill. That's fun for you? Being locked into one design out of potentially hundreds all because you refuse to admit there's a problem that needs to be addressed? Healers should be powerful but fragile. They should struggle to protect themselves but excel at supporting a team. Forgoing a healer should be a viable strategy in structured play, especially if your team is set up to punish such things.
      One effect I've wanted in the game for a long time is a death heal, something that would convert any healing the target takes for the duration into damage (or hell, reflect it back at the healer to prevent team-trolling). That would fix so many problems in Albion in regards to Healers and Self-sustain which is a massive issue in every corner of the game right now. I would argue something like that would be a perfect fit for a remade Specter Jacket.
      Everything you say here is not a healing problem, but coth armor type problem.
      We have defensive items with +48-58% healing/damage passive boost.


      • The area now instantly heals up to 5 allies for 56 and also deals 112 magic damage to enemies
      Sorry but, i don't see the knock back in the new sacred pulse description effects. So you say, this is not removed because you can't see it in description, and i say it is removed because i can't see it in description.
      Do we both may right untill we will see it on test server.

      Any way, if knock back is a big issue for your "5 of 5 attack damage slots build".
      Why you think the knock back is OP? May be your build just not effective?
      May be you just need to change 1 of 5 slots for utility, just like Holywoody says, knight helm or so?
      Why items should be nerfed just because DD classes, can't make a decent counter builds, when they have alot of options to do so.


      Well, i am pretty sure, all problems you described here, is not a healing, but cloth armor type problems. For me its looks like plate, should have cloth armor skills, and cloth should have plate skills.

      Only items with correct skills for they class is, guardian armor, soldier armor, scholar robe, druid robe.
      Like cultist robe will be not so OP without that +58% healing passuve as plate, and judicator armor skill will be perfect for cloth.

      DD and healers class with cloth armor, is defensive by the cloth armor, but they should be the "glass cannon" if using cloth.
      That why they are to strong in healing/dps and to hard to kill at the same time.

      And you can't fix it by nerfing healing. Because there is also alot of options to heal yourself from 10% to 100% in 5-7 seconds, without a healer. (Also thx for cloth armor).

      The post was edited 2 times, last by iRawr ().

    • iRawr wrote:

      Why you think the knock back is OP? May be your build just not effective?
      It's a instacast, ranged, aoe interrupt forced movement knockback on an 8 second cooldown maximum that also heals. What about that sounds balanced again? It's completely broken and it single-handedly turned fights every single time you used it. It's more overpowered than Parry ever was, even at it's 8 second CD; at least that had an extreme tell, the user couldn't move, and the range was limited.

      iRawr wrote:

      May be you just need to change 1 of 5 slots for utility, just like Holywoody says, knight helm or so?
      Because the CD on Sacred Pulse is 8 seconds maximum (usually it's around 7 because of CDR), while the CD on Knight Helmet is 30 seconds. You also lose much more valuable skills from changing your helmet out that would just hurt the ability to kill the healer even more (like purges). And the healer? If you can't get knocked away? Cleric Robe/Cowl; boom they are 100% invulnerable now and whatever plan you had with the Knight Helm was ruined. This is because a said Healer doesn't need anything else in their skill bar besides healing and then a bunch of defensives, which is one of the ways Albion's skill system works against itself. I feel like the only way you could say anything else is if you seriously have never played the game as a melee or something. Sacred Pulse wins fights. It's absolutely broken, and the spamming just makes it worse

      iRawr wrote:

      Why items should be nerfed just because DD classes, can't make a decent counter builds, when they have alot of options to do so.
      Because they're overpowered? You can literally make that statement about any other thing in the game. If something is so oppressive that it absolutely destroys multiple weapon lines in the game effortlessly and becomes essentially a must-pick, it needs to be toned down. That's the entire point. If you're going to have a spell as powerful as Sacred Pulse, then increase the Cooldown so they're not spamming it every single time you do any ability whatsoever and they have to make actual plans around it's usage. Or, you know, remove the knock back. Hard-counters should never be a thing. You should be at a disadvantage because of a soft counter, like a bad match-up; but never outright completely shut down because of something which is the core design of Albion and a problem that consistently comes up in balancing. Look at the absolute nightmare they're going through trying to prepare the game for 1v1 and realizing all these abilities that haven't been touched in years are suddenly needing to be toned down because they're must-picks that completely kills build diversity. Maybe you don't care about build diversity because all you do is chase whatever is meta? That's on you, but the vast majority of the population wants to play against many different builds and strategies.

      iRawr wrote:

      DD and healers class with cloth armor, is defensive by the cloth armor, but they should be the "glass cannon" if using cloth.
      That why they are to strong in healing/dps and to hard to kill at the same time.

      And you can't fix it by nerfing healing. Because there is also alot of options to heal yourself from 10% to 100% in 5-7 seconds, without a healer. (Also thx for cloth armor).
      But healing is overpowered. It's essentially mandatory in all forms of content. Healing should be powerful but also counterable like every single other thing in the game, and there are so few ways to deal with healers right now that even Black Hands with nothing but CC armor abilities can't handle a healer (look at the 2v2 metas). Self healing is also a problem that needs to be addressed, because things like 1H Curse w/ Taproot, Specter Hood, Mercenary Jacket, and Guardian Boots being neigh-unkillable solo unless you have a very specific build you'd never use because it would be useless against any other build; meanwhile the Curse Staff user wouldn't even care if you were using Assassin Shoes, Cleric Robe, and Guardian Helm: they'd still be able to tank and dish out thousands of points and damage and come out on top. Healing should be powerful to other units, not to itself (or not both, as it currently is); self healing should be incredibly limited. If you get close to a healer, and you are consistently getting close to that healer, for long periods of time: they should be dead. End of discussion. This BS where they knock you away 20m, heal back up to full before you can even get back to them, tank everything while constantly healing themselves, then popping their helm or armor, then knocking you away again, repeating this cycle over and over for minutes at a time is absolutely terrible game design and I have no idea how you don't see that being a problem.

      Here's how you fix it:

      Sacred Pulse
      Cooldown 8 -> 15 Seconds

      Probably no other changes needed. If they're still able to loop it infinitely with armor cooldowns and heals, bump it up to 18 seconds. Doubling it's CD will halve it's uses and make the healer have to decide when it's actually going to use the spell instead of using it to literally counter everything it sees. This will also give other builds more chances for the skill to be on CD and be able to actually fight against it, and if you are going as far as using something like Mercenary Hood to counter it then you are actually going to get more worth to make it a viable option instead of potentially hard-gimping yourself on something that won't even solve your problem to begin with.

      All of the changes right now point towards SBI realizing Self-healing is an issue and they're addressing that. What I'm trying to point out is Hollywoodi's nonsense that Sacred Pulse was nerfed into oblivion, and even if it was; it's still an 8 second CD spell that does stuff so I doubt it'll ever reach, "crippled to dust" territory.
    • Acoustic wrote:

      iRawr wrote:

      Why you think the knock back is OP? May be your build just not effective?
      It's a instacast, ranged, aoe interrupt forced movement knockback on an 8 second cooldown maximum that also heals. What about that sounds balanced again? It's completely broken and it single-handedly turned fights every single time you used it. It's more overpowered than Parry ever was, even at it's 8 second CD; at least that had an extreme tell, the user couldn't move, and the range was limited.

      iRawr wrote:

      May be you just need to change 1 of 5 slots for utility, just like Holywoody says, knight helm or so?
      Because the CD on Sacred Pulse is 8 seconds maximum (usually it's around 7 because of CDR), while the CD on Knight Helmet is 30 seconds. You also lose much more valuable skills from changing your helmet out that would just hurt the ability to kill the healer even more (like purges). And the healer? If you can't get knocked away? Cleric Robe/Cowl; boom they are 100% invulnerable now and whatever plan you had with the Knight Helm was ruined. This is because a said Healer doesn't need anything else in their skill bar besides healing and then a bunch of defensives, which is one of the ways Albion's skill system works against itself. I feel like the only way you could say anything else is if you seriously have never played the game as a melee or something. Sacred Pulse wins fights. It's absolutely broken, and the spamming just makes it worse

      iRawr wrote:

      Why items should be nerfed just because DD classes, can't make a decent counter builds, when they have alot of options to do so.
      Because they're overpowered? You can literally make that statement about any other thing in the game. If something is so oppressive that it absolutely destroys multiple weapon lines in the game effortlessly and becomes essentially a must-pick, it needs to be toned down. That's the entire point. If you're going to have a spell as powerful as Sacred Pulse, then increase the Cooldown so they're not spamming it every single time you do any ability whatsoever and they have to make actual plans around it's usage. Or, you know, remove the knock back. Hard-counters should never be a thing. You should be at a disadvantage because of a soft counter, like a bad match-up; but never outright completely shut down because of something which is the core design of Albion and a problem that consistently comes up in balancing. Look at the absolute nightmare they're going through trying to prepare the game for 1v1 and realizing all these abilities that haven't been touched in years are suddenly needing to be toned down because they're must-picks that completely kills build diversity. Maybe you don't care about build diversity because all you do is chase whatever is meta? That's on you, but the vast majority of the population wants to play against many different builds and strategies.

      iRawr wrote:

      DD and healers class with cloth armor, is defensive by the cloth armor, but they should be the "glass cannon" if using cloth.
      That why they are to strong in healing/dps and to hard to kill at the same time.

      And you can't fix it by nerfing healing. Because there is also alot of options to heal yourself from 10% to 100% in 5-7 seconds, without a healer. (Also thx for cloth armor).
      But healing is overpowered. It's essentially mandatory in all forms of content. Healing should be powerful but also counterable like every single other thing in the game, and there are so few ways to deal with healers right now that even Black Hands with nothing but CC armor abilities can't handle a healer (look at the 2v2 metas). Self healing is also a problem that needs to be addressed, because things like 1H Curse w/ Taproot, Specter Hood, Mercenary Jacket, and Guardian Boots being neigh-unkillable solo unless you have a very specific build you'd never use because it would be useless against any other build; meanwhile the Curse Staff user wouldn't even care if you were using Assassin Shoes, Cleric Robe, and Guardian Helm: they'd still be able to tank and dish out thousands of points and damage and come out on top. Healing should be powerful to other units, not to itself (or not both, as it currently is); self healing should be incredibly limited. If you get close to a healer, and you are consistently getting close to that healer, for long periods of time: they should be dead. End of discussion. This BS where they knock you away 20m, heal back up to full before you can even get back to them, tank everything while constantly healing themselves, then popping their helm or armor, then knocking you away again, repeating this cycle over and over for minutes at a time is absolutely terrible game design and I have no idea how you don't see that being a problem.
      Here's how you fix it:

      Sacred Pulse
      Cooldown 8 -> 15 Seconds

      Probably no other changes needed. If they're still able to loop it infinitely with armor cooldowns and heals, bump it up to 18 seconds. Doubling it's CD will halve it's uses and make the healer have to decide when it's actually going to use the spell instead of using it to literally counter everything it sees. This will also give other builds more chances for the skill to be on CD and be able to actually fight against it, and if you are going as far as using something like Mercenary Hood to counter it then you are actually going to get more worth to make it a viable option instead of potentially hard-gimping yourself on something that won't even solve your problem to begin with.

      All of the changes right now point towards SBI realizing Self-healing is an issue and they're addressing that. What I'm trying to point out is Hollywoodi's nonsense that Sacred Pulse was nerfed into oblivion, and even if it was; it's still an 8 second CD spell that does stuff so I doubt it'll ever reach, "crippled to dust" territory.
      look my friend, there is potentially one difference between us 2.

      I have everything specced - most to 400, some to just 360, some low percentage missed on some artifact.

      I have 250 mio pure 2hg PVE fame.

      I own max spec nature, spear, holy, sword, dagger, frost, arcane, fire and some more e.g. xbow on several accounts.

      I do believe that qualifies me for an overview on skills and balance especially in 2hg

      And I am neutral - I have always ready like 100 mio Respec fame now stored in case I want something I don't have

      And if that fails I take a few gold and buy the spec I want - gold & silver means nothing any more.

      Chest farm / hg / and gold market play is the tool of the veteran.

      But back to topic: I have an overview of balance, at least I claim it.

      And balance is rubbish. Nature is destroyed cause of great nature and people don't purge it
      Holy well, to be honest depends. I have no clue how the replacement of flash heal works. Will it simply be an AOE like current flash around the healer and u mindless spam it and make sure one Allie is inside? That would be crap. Is it u can put that new flash on u Frontline and spam it while royal cowl makes it free? That would be crap either. Pulse - does it loose pulse aka knock? Then it's dead. On the other hand, look solo play. Smite on q, lifetouch E on short cd.. knock, E, smite, knock E, that would be super deadly. Yes, they had to fix holy. On the other hand, healers cannot kill anything, as with one dash u outa range. Infinite reset by invis capE and run. Will the 15 % change it... Not for holy or nature, they don't have a oneshot for 15%.. but for curse..of course..or pike..or bloodletter..

      Well anyway, back to healer changes. There is more content for healer. There is atm oneshot meta in 2hg that healer is no issue cause one shot cannot be healed..

      The most OP thing though is untouched. The thing that is true OP and makes any balance obsolete in small scale is gear swap. If u can simply inspect, run, redress and counter gear u have never a chance to balance anything..

      And that needs to be fixed first before u need to even discuss any further balance...

      Skill swap yes - gear swap ..big mistake

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().

    • Gabumon wrote:

      In some games healers need to do "stuff" to heal, be it dish out damage or time some abilities against the damage dealers to achieve the intended effect. Healers need restraints to keep them from overwheling solo play, and I say that as a main healer.
      true statement - one question

      Can a healer kill an experienced warbow / dagger / sword / frost / quarterstaff basically anything with a mobility in any battle open world or is the healer victim of endless resets vs just semi competent enemy?

      No matter how much better gear or damage a healer today has, it has zero chance to kill anything because mobility is key in any solo fight except duel. And I don't count duells as reasonable PvP.

      Any semi competent enemy has unlimited trys on a healer if he is not completely stupid.

      Take any healer - dive a great axe . If axe is not stupid, will reset endless till successful or decide to go away.
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

      Skill swap yes - gear swap ..big mistake
      I agree wholeheartedly. Gear swapping needs to be punishable. It needs a far longer CD after doing so, I want to say 30 seconds up from, what, 10 right now? That's the bare minimum because if you boot away to swap skills and somebody chases you, there's more risk of you getting caught and being unable to defend yourself for doing such a risky maneuver.

      I also am not against making gear swapping impossible outside of a city/rest/hideout. The only time it should be appropriate is if the gear is forced off you due to weapon breakage or overcharge breakage. This would also solve a ton of issues. You can't even begin to balance a 1v1 scenerio until this happens otherwise both groups will just be Demon Booting away under Invisibility Potions, swapping gear, and heading back in because Albion features so many absolute hard-counters. If I'm using a 1H Dagger, and my opponent switches to a Black Monk Staff? I lose. There's no way for me to win that fight with that 1H Dagger.

      Skill Swapping should actually be encouraged in this game. I honestly wouldn't mind if they gave you the ability to swap skills mid-combat almost, it's a lot of macro play but it would be well worth it for increasing the skill-ceiling; just make that skill swap more apparent. They could add an animation above the character that shows the previous skill, an arrow, and the new skill; and then have a cooldown for that (which should also account for the skill that was used previously cooldown, like if I swap my Assassin Jacket Ambush to the Fire Shield, it should account for the minute-long cooldown on Ambush as well as a cooldown for swapping the skill, but ONLY AFFECT THE SLOT THAT WAS CHANGED). That would help if you do get dragged into combat and need to swap skills, you can actually manage to do so and not be completely screwed with the 10 second CD, make it like 3 seconds as long as I haven't touched the ability; that's still a ton of effort on my part to swap during play. It would also make it viable if I get ambushed to do something like Ice Block, change skills, and proceed to fight. I think that would be a VAST improvement in Albion's game play. They can even manage different cooldowns for if you are in combat or just being attacked, as there's already a flag for this in-game when it comes to exiting zones.

      It's a lot of system they might have to engineer, but the gear-swap meta absolutely has to go and there's easy ways right now to accomplish that. I would love to see people who try to make extremely balanced setups or those who risk hyper-focus setups with the larger potential of being easier to counter and thus winding up with a more difficult match-up.