I'm tilted. Accidentally joined a guild.

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • I'm tilted. Accidentally joined a guild.

      So I'm a new player.
      Yesterday while I was in the middle of doing something (salvaging or something), some ****head sent me an invite and for some reason, that pops up in the middle of you screen and has no warning when u click it.
      So I joined the guild, immediately left, and now me and my mates made a guild and I can't join it for another like 2 days. WTF seriously? Do you see how beginner unfriendly this is?
      Why does it pop up in the middle of your screen and not say like in your notifs by default? Why is their not a confirmation? This is ridiculously bad designed.
      Is there some way to appeal this? It's making me want to just quit the game. Being locked out of doing guild stuffs with my friends because of a random invite. Seriously why the heck is the lockout period that long, even for new players and why is it so easy to accidentally join a guild. If you're new and never recieved an invite before, it's super easy to accidentally just click yes if you're in the middle of something/otherwise preoccupied. I don't want to have to wait multiple days just because bs.

      I don't think it's fair that I can't do guild stuff with my mates for 72 hours because of people spamming invites on new players and bad systems design.
      Like this takes so much hype away and it just makes me want to quit.
      I spent the last day and a half grinding the money to start a guild and now I can't because haha you missclicked, what a noob.
      Is there no way to appeal this? Like I can't stress how unfair this feels.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by goodiesohhi ().

    • goodiesohhi wrote:

      I don't think it's fair that I can't do guild stuff with my mates for 72 hours
      What stuff/activities does this minor inconvenience prevent you from? Seeing a green name in town?

      You can still group and play with them. There is literally no difference.

      The mechanic exists because people have abused guild-hopping in various way to exploit season points for their primary guild.
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

      T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

      400 Holy Spec
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

      goodiesohhi wrote:

      I don't think it's fair that I can't do guild stuff with my mates for 72 hours
      What stuff/activities does this minor inconvenience prevent you from? Seeing a green name in town?
      You can still group and play with them. There is literally no difference.

      The mechanic exists because people have abused guild-hopping in various way to exploit season points for their primary guild.
      Ye know? Being in a guild with friends? Building a guild island building stuff. The mere ability to be in a guild with your friends because that's what you wanted to do?
      For a sandbox mmo, I think I should be able to do that. I've been playing for 2 days. Was looking forward to being able to do this. I guess to older players it just seems like a minor inconvenience but it's very different to me. It just seems unfair.Like seriously why in the lord's name does guild invites pop up right in the middle of your screen by default with no confirmation when it's also a 72 hour lockout if u accidentally click on it. Does no one see the problem with that? Really?
      Furthermore, even if it is just an "inconvenience", why does it have to be? What is the downside in making guild notifications appear in the guild tab and not pop up in the middle of your screen? Or to add a confirmation to the initial button press to make sure the player actually wants to join the guild? A 72 hour lockout being a single missclick away seems incredibly silly.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by goodiesohhi ().

    • These are decent suggestions although to be fair every MMO I have played in my life has a window pop up in the middle of your screen for guild invites. I guess if you are concerned about accidentally clicking yes on things randomly you might want to also turn off duels because random kids will send you requests to fight for silver in the city as well.

      Like everyone said though while you may be temporarily frustrated you can still group and do guild island things with your friends in the interim while the invite CD drops. Once you play a little longer you will understand a join CD is 100% needed but sure they can improve it as well.
    • goodiesohhi wrote:

      So I'm a new player.
      Yesterday while I was in the middle of doing something (salvaging or something), some ****head sent me an invite and for some reason, that pops up in the middle of you screen and has no warning when u click it.
      So I joined the guild, immediately left, and now me and my mates made a guild and I can't join it for another like 2 days. WTF seriously? Do you see how beginner unfriendly this is?
      Why does it pop up in the middle of your screen and not say like in your notifs by default? Why is their not a confirmation? This is ridiculously bad designed.
      Is there some way to appeal this? It's making me want to just quit the game. Being locked out of doing guild stuffs with my friends because of a random invite. Seriously why the heck is the lockout period that long, even for new players and why is it so easy to accidentally join a guild. If you're new and never recieved an invite before, it's super easy to accidentally just click yes if you're in the middle of something/otherwise preoccupied. I don't want to have to wait multiple days just because bs.

      I don't think it's fair that I can't do guild stuff with my mates for 72 hours because of people spamming invites on new players and bad systems design.
      Like this takes so much hype away and it just makes me want to quit.
      I spent the last day and a half grinding the money to start a guild and now I can't because haha you missclicked, what a noob.
      Is there no way to appeal this? Like I can't stress how unfair this feels.
      Confirmation on what? Guild invite is confirmation itself, it is got info what will happen, accept and reject buttons.

      You really wanna confirmation on confirmation? And how many confirmations should it be? 2? 3? 10?
    • iRawr wrote:

      goodiesohhi wrote:

      So I'm a new player.
      Yesterday while I was in the middle of doing something (salvaging or something), some ****head sent me an invite and for some reason, that pops up in the middle of you screen and has no warning when u click it.
      So I joined the guild, immediately left, and now me and my mates made a guild and I can't join it for another like 2 days. WTF seriously? Do you see how beginner unfriendly this is?
      Why does it pop up in the middle of your screen and not say like in your notifs by default? Why is their not a confirmation? This is ridiculously bad designed.
      Is there some way to appeal this? It's making me want to just quit the game. Being locked out of doing guild stuffs with my friends because of a random invite. Seriously why the heck is the lockout period that long, even for new players and why is it so easy to accidentally join a guild. If you're new and never recieved an invite before, it's super easy to accidentally just click yes if you're in the middle of something/otherwise preoccupied. I don't want to have to wait multiple days just because bs.

      I don't think it's fair that I can't do guild stuff with my mates for 72 hours because of people spamming invites on new players and bad systems design.
      Like this takes so much hype away and it just makes me want to quit.
      I spent the last day and a half grinding the money to start a guild and now I can't because haha you missclicked, what a noob.
      Is there no way to appeal this? Like I can't stress how unfair this feels.
      Confirmation on what? Guild invite is confirmation itself, it is got info what will happen, accept and reject buttons.
      You really wanna confirmation on confirmation? And how many confirmations should it be? 2? 3? 10?
      The first dialogue is not a confirmation. If you've never seen it before and are already pressing yes on things, it's easy to accidentally press it..
    • goodiesohhi wrote:

      iRawr wrote:

      goodiesohhi wrote:

      So I'm a new player.
      Yesterday while I was in the middle of doing something (salvaging or something), some ****head sent me an invite and for some reason, that pops up in the middle of you screen and has no warning when u click it.
      So I joined the guild, immediately left, and now me and my mates made a guild and I can't join it for another like 2 days. WTF seriously? Do you see how beginner unfriendly this is?
      Why does it pop up in the middle of your screen and not say like in your notifs by default? Why is their not a confirmation? This is ridiculously bad designed.
      Is there some way to appeal this? It's making me want to just quit the game. Being locked out of doing guild stuffs with my friends because of a random invite. Seriously why the heck is the lockout period that long, even for new players and why is it so easy to accidentally join a guild. If you're new and never recieved an invite before, it's super easy to accidentally just click yes if you're in the middle of something/otherwise preoccupied. I don't want to have to wait multiple days just because bs.

      I don't think it's fair that I can't do guild stuff with my mates for 72 hours because of people spamming invites on new players and bad systems design.
      Like this takes so much hype away and it just makes me want to quit.
      I spent the last day and a half grinding the money to start a guild and now I can't because haha you missclicked, what a noob.
      Is there no way to appeal this? Like I can't stress how unfair this feels.
      Confirmation on what? Guild invite is confirmation itself, it is got info what will happen, accept and reject buttons.You really wanna confirmation on confirmation? And how many confirmations should it be? 2? 3? 10?
      The first dialogue is not a confirmation. If you've never seen it before and are already pressing yes on things, it's easy to accidentally press it..
      If it is works like that, It's will be correct to any amount of confirmation you will see after press yes. Isn't it?
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

      goodiesohhi wrote:

      I don't think it's fair that I can't do guild stuff with my mates for 72 hours
      What stuff/activities does this minor inconvenience prevent you from? Seeing a green name in town?
      You can still group and play with them. There is literally no difference.

      The mechanic exists because people have abused guild-hopping in various way to exploit season points for their primary guild.
      Fusion he was told exactly this (everything you stated) in the in game help chat, multiple times, and more besides but it didn’t stop him spamming the channel for half an hour until in the end a mod had to tell him to desist. He then came back a bit later to rant some more. I guess he still isn’t done ranting.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

      Fusion he was told exactly this (everything you stated) in the in game help chat, multiple times, and more besides but it didn’t stop him spamming the channel for half an hour until in the end a mod had to tell him to desist. He then came back a bit later to rant some more. I guess he still isn’t done ranting.

      -Nobody wrote:


      -Absolutely Nobody wrote:


      -OP after getting baited by a guild invite pop-up wrote:


      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

      T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

      400 Holy Spec
    • I mean if people don't take the time to read and click yes on anything, they kinda had it coming. there's a reason there's text written. Might need to take the time to read properly instead of clicking fanatically on every yes you see.

      I see people in game complaining about accepting faction flagging and losing gear, about going to the red zone and losing gear and same in black zone (regarding new players obviously).
      Take the time to read and you won't have that issue.
    • Dunno why everyone is a jerk about this but your OVERALL point is absolutely correct: The window shouldn't pop up in the middle of the screen and with the yes button already active. If you happen to be clicking that area of the screen already, you will click Yes without even seeing the text on the box. It happened to me when I first started playing. There's no reason it should work that way.

      Fusionbomb's suggestion of graying out the yes button for a few seconds is good. There are many other solutions that would work.

      ... but ultimately, you need to get over this ASAP. In 2 days you'll be in the guild and never have to worry about it again. You're NOT missing out on anything in the meantime. 2 days of having a guild island when you're new to the game and poor as fuck is completely useless anyway.
    • Azlum wrote:

      Dunno why everyone is a jerk about this but your OVERALL point is absolutely correct
      I dont think many people are disagreeing with the overall point. I think the reason people are being 'jerks' is because the OP is behaving like a petulant child over a pretty minor incident.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter