Flash heal change

• Flash heal change

Hi all,

I appreciate any help since I'm pretty new to the game.

So basically I've farmed several weeks to buy the 1h holy MP to have some fun in HCE.
      Now, from the test server patch note, it looks like SBI wants to remove the 1h holy from the possible healing weapons for HCE due to the change to flash heal.
      My question is, how is it possible that they have people farming for weeks and putting aside money to buy an MP - just to see the very same weapon they worked toward getting nerfed?
      What is the point of farming fame and money if then, once you finally get the item you were looking for, you get to enjoy it very briefly as it gets nerfed?

I appreciate if anyone with more experience can help. Perhaps this kind of thing happened before to other items....

Thanks!
    • Metas shift. If you go all in on the current meta, you're going to get burned eventually. You can still sell your items to recoup some value and your spec is still useful even if it gets relegated to the side. Even if the hce meta shifts to nature, you can sit on that holy spec until the wheel comes back around again. If you don't mind the silver cost and net fame loss, you also have the respec option. Just be happy you're playing un the era of the game that fame comes easy and respec/credits exist. Back closer to launch, it was a huge punch to the gut when meta shifted.
    • It is nerf? They just destroy flash healers it is nonsense, why devs are so bully for healers, every update bring only nerfs for heal. In next updates healers will deal damage to allys in case to not be in meta for sure. They are just killing 5v5 and crystal holy healers cuz they are trying to introduce some shitty 1v1 dungeons.

This Hollywoodi simply dont know how much money u need to spend for 8.3 mp 1h holy :D it isn't worth to destroy this item for materials, u will gain less than 5% of cost :D
    • K021 wrote:

It is nerf? They just destroy flash healers it is nonsense, why devs are so bully for healers, every update bring only nerfs for heal. In next updates healers will deal damage to allys in case to not be in meta for sure. They are just killing 5v5 and crystal holy healers cuz they are trying to introduce some shitty 1v1 dungeons.

This Hollywoodi simply dont know how much money u need to spend for 8.3 mp 1h holy :D it isn't worth to destroy this item for materials, u will gain less than 5% of cost :D
      It never made sense how strong Holy and Nature were in the past, and only holy is still strong today.

It was already time something was done.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

K021 wrote:

It is nerf? They just destroy flash healers it is nonsense, why devs are so bully for healers, every update bring only nerfs for heal. In next updates healers will deal damage to allys in case to not be in meta for sure. They are just killing 5v5 and crystal holy healers cuz they are trying to introduce some shitty 1v1 dungeons.

It never made sense how strong Holy and Nature were in the past, and only holy is still strong today.
      It was already time something was done.
      Nature is still same strong, just change stupid roots to healing Q back and you'll see how good it for small scale. Its just become usless for ZvZ due the healing sickness.
    • Lockemup wrote:

Flash heal was garbage game play, holy will still be by far the best hce healer even using generous heal. You will simply use more than just q now.
      You mean the gameplay as frost, fire, cursed, nature, bow, xbow (all not melee weapons)? Its have same spam Q and press E sometimes gameplay.
      Only difference, healer need to press other buttons in time, when DD need just press it when its ready.
    • Out of all those listed, flash heal is the only one where the optimal gameplay was just pressing q as fast as possible on the same target over and over.

Fire - single target q has a large dot component, but if spammed on one target the dot never ticks / does damage. Optimal game play involves spreading dot to 2+ targets then refreshing stacks before they fall off. Other fire q is aimed.

Frost - frost bolt is basically same as flash heal but at least with the snare switching targets is helpful. Ice shard has to be aimed / projected so more interesting than flash heal.

Cursed - q is either optimally used by spreading / maintaining stacks on numerous targets, or has to be aimed with boomerang.

Nature - optimal use is maintaining low stacks then ramping up to 3 when heavier healing needed and hitting q again just before expiration to get mana back. A lot more interesting than flash heal.

Bow - regular bow is lame and should change IMO, others are fine / interesting i think.

xbow - aimed q with 2 second cooldown is very fun to use imo, idc about other q really

Healing is my favorite role and I think healing should be strong, and holy will still be strong after this change. And if devs want to introduce more and more unique combat mechanics thats great by me.
    • Lockemup wrote:

Out of all those listed, flash heal is the only one where the optimal gameplay was just pressing q as fast as possible on the same target over and over.

Fire - single target q has a large dot component, but if spammed on one target the dot never ticks / does damage. Optimal game play involves spreading dot to 2+ targets then refreshing stacks before they fall off. Other fire q is aimed.

Frost - frost bolt is basically same as flash heal but at least with the snare switching targets is helpful. Ice shard has to be aimed / projected so more interesting than flash heal.

Cursed - q is either optimally used by spreading / maintaining stacks on numerous targets, or has to be aimed with boomerang.

Nature - optimal use is maintaining low stacks then ramping up to 3 when heavier healing needed and hitting q again just before expiration to get mana back. A lot more interesting than flash heal.

Bow - regular bow is lame and should change IMO, others are fine / interesting i think.

xbow - aimed q with 2 second cooldown is very fun to use imo, idc about other q really

Healing is my favorite role and I think healing should be strong, and holy will still be strong after this change. And if devs want to introduce more and more unique combat mechanics thats great by me.
      What to you mean aimed? Your "aimed" mean you just move your cursor over the target and spam q.

Holy healer main ability is divine protection W.
      And it should be used with perfect timing to be effective.
      Flash heal itself should be switched on party members really fast, to not let your DPS die, also you has problems with mobility, but tank is alvays in a movement.
      So healer also should be good at positioning.

Holy healer who just spam Q on tank, is just a bad healer.
    • Bada wrote:

they should have buff nature instead of nerfing holy imo, yeah it's strong but vs competent team healing is far from easy.
      Nerfing? You sure you know what we r talking about?
      The new Q looks like the strongest and imbalanced skill in whole game. Holy will be the king of ZvZ.

• [list]

• [/list]
      Holy Staffs

• Removed Flash Heal (all Holy Staffs)
      • Added a new Q-slot ability: Holy Flash
        • Heals 40 to 5 allies in a 4m radius. The healing gets stronger the more allies are healed. Each additional ally increases the healing by 10%
        • Cast Time: 0.8s
        • Cooldown: 0s
      • Moved Smite from the W-slot to the Q-slot (all Holy Staffs)
      • Sacred Pulse (all Holy Staffs)
        • Removed the Heal over Time
        • The area now instantly heals up to 5 allies for 56 and also deals 112 magic damage to enemies
        • Hitdelay: 0.2s -> 0s
        • Standtime: 0.2s -> 0.5s

its not a nerf, its another re-work, that will be nerfed in next year, same as flash heal.

Flash heal was here from like September 2019, and just 2-3 players using it till march 2020.

And just last 3-4 month its become "meta". So for 99% albion players, flash heal was been useless for like 8 month, and now they finally realize how to play with it. And wow! Its OP? Ahahah

The post was edited 2 times, last by iRawr ().

• Haha with this change, I can already see a new meta coming

Healer spams flash, enigmatic on E if dangerous and 3 ranged shooting..

Not really but c'mon, heal bubble around the healer all run in the bubble if need heal and healer doesn't even have to select whom to heal, hurt just run to healer AOE which spams q..

And enemy hopes to AOE into that