4 changes and Albion becomes a masterpiece

• 4 changes and Albion becomes a masterpiece

premise:
      I played UO for 20 years now (in and out), I see how you wanted to imitate UO with Albion,
      but some stuff are missing, and unfortunately those are the ones which made UO lasting more than 20 years (and more if not for the now outdated graphics)

Albion has the potential to get even better, the art and graphics are awesome, some system you came up with are very good and fresh, if you add these few things that made UO what it is, Albion becomes a masterpiece imo.

suggestions:
      - add the mark/recall system, really that was what make UO players go back to UO everytime, it was a hit. You can then adjust it to Albion as you think is better to avoid instant escapes, like timers before a recall, etc.
      - add a ghost and resurrection anks system (as of now the only option when you die is to get a ticket for town and a bit poor, dont remove it just add another option to ress by yourself running as a ghost at an ank)
      - speaking of ress, add a gear/book which allows people to ress ghosts
      (the above would introduce a whole new behaviour for gankers, where if the loot is bad for them anyway, like t4, they may decide to leave it there, so the victim can ress and get back its corpse/gear and be there already to continue playing, as was on UO. they may even decide to ress him directly)
      - get rid of transitions, this is probably the most complex one business wise ik, but a game like wow came out on 2006, had 3d graphics and was open world, i don't see how on 2020 that's not achievable on a isometric game. Some games are using spatialOS, but i think there's stuff to tell the server to show logged in people only when you're nearby, not having to weight on the server with the whole quantity of players logged in at any time in any area you're at.

The post was edited 1 time, last by hiraku ().

• hiraku wrote:

- add the mark/recall system, really that was what make UO players go back to UO everytime, it was a hit. You can then adjust it to Albion as you think is better to avoid instant escapes, like timers before a recall, etc.

Not going to happen, as Albion's whole economic system, is based on people having to transport valuables. Same with pvp and power projection, travel time exists so one good guild can't dominate whole map by being able to hit every part of the Outlands whenever they want.

All other points won't happen for similar reasons, UO was a great game, but it was fundamentally different than Albion, and more small-scale oriented. Many mechanics from Ultima, simply can't exist in AO.