What's the use for carrots in the game?

• What's the use for carrots in the game?

As a new/returning player I've watched a lot youtube videos on ways to start making silver. One of the things I've noticed is that most of those videos recommend to farm carrots as they're used for "a lot of stuff". Upon looking into it, I find 4-5 things carrots are used in and those things are all lower tier food which doesn't sell that much. So my question is what are carrots really used for and are they viable?

From what I've seen, cabbage, potato, corn and pumpkin seem to be the crops with more utility if we're cooking food. Wheat also seems good to make bread as it's used a lot in higher tiers of food.
    • They are the cheapest source of food in game that can feed the builds. You make carrot soup and you feed to the builds for maintenance. This makes them very useful and always in demand. On top of that if you use focus on planted carrot seeds you will always get 2 seeds back.

You can also use the carrots to feed animals (regular ones - cows, chicken, pigs, ducks..). Lots of usage for low cost. Quickest and easiest money is to simply grow carrots and sell them.
    • I did not think of feeding buildings, i just thought people would use other type of food. I've been growing carrots for a couple weeks as I was not able to actively play the game. My char is almost at 100 mastery on crop farming (currently at 96). Would you recommend me to sell the carrots outright or craft them into carrot soup or enchanted carrot soup?

Thanks in advance for all the help you're giving me!
    • HellShoot wrote:

I did not think of feeding buildings, i just thought people would use other type of food. I've been growing carrots for a couple weeks as I was not able to actively play the game. My char is almost at 100 mastery on crop farming (currently at 96). Would you recommend me to sell the carrots outright or craft them into carrot soup or enchanted carrot soup?

Thanks in advance for all the help you're giving me!
      I would say just sell them directly. They sell well and fast.