Idea to improve the battleaxe..

• Idea to improve the battleaxe..

Hi all.

I am writing to make a recommendation about an almost forgotten weapon, the battleaxe (one-handed ax).

I consider that if you imported / improved the dagger with one hand, you can improve this ax mentioned.

My idea: For each accumulated stack (q), give a percentage of healing according to the opponent's maximum health.

Example: I against the rival, the opponent has 2500 maximum health, if I used my ability E with a stack (ability q) I would recover 7% of the opponent's total health = 200 health points, but if I have used 3 abilities q against the rival (he would have 3 accumulated bleeding load) and at the time of using my E, I would recover 21% of life according to the rival's life = 525 of life recovered.

I clarify that this is an example. 7% is just an idea, you can study this and perfect it.

I think it is a great weapon, and you can improve it.

Greetings to all.

Nota: Sorry for my english.
    • Not bad at all.
      Though on PVE would get a little out of hand (due to high end mobs having thousands of HP) and other than 1v1 or 1v2 situations wouldn't be good for pvp.

What do you think of greatly lowering the cooldown of the E? Something like, 10 from current 15 sec. This is would also speed up the hp recovery and enchance a little the single target damage.
    • The main problem is that Battleaxe's E does less damage when compared to Greataxe or Halberd which can easily do at least the same amount but for multiple targets at the same time. Battleaxe offers the possibility to wield off-hand but still I have not found a situation where I could/should use the battleaxe over other axes. I think it is fine that battleaxe is the single target option, however, it should do that job a little bit better tbh.

One option is to add additional bleed for extra sustain damage. Damage can be based on those charges what Vampiric Strike uses anyway. This kind of solution would also follow the axe theme and perhaps make battleaxe more viable option at least in smaller scale fights. At the moment I see battleaxe as a weapon what people tries out but after some testing and comparing to other axes it will be dropped quite fast.
    • Regards...

all weapons have a positive and a negative side. There are unitarget and other multitarget weapons.

I don't see any problem improvising the BatlleAxes. The one-handed dagger was almost a dead weapon until they upgraded it and now has movement among users.

Every situation deserves a weapon. Since Battleaxes has a way to regain life, they can improvise it.

Greataxe has an E that can be easily interrupted making it useless.

If they see all things having a problem improvising, then they will never do anything.

The E of the dagger of a hand although it was improvised has many ways to purge it, to reflect the damage etc, which can be said that it can make an almost useless weapon .... instead the E of the BattleAxe, is explosive , you can control and know when to use it ... etc and etc ...

I still maintain that they can improve it, if the BattleAxes continues like this with that E, it will only be a decoration weapon and will only serve to raise the spec to give more strength to the other axes...
    • Hello, Axes players here (mainly greataxe but other axes as well). I kinda like the idea of you guys had and I think that the easiest but yet most efficient buff to battleaxe is just to make his vampiric strike go from 15 seconds cd to 10 seconds cd ( like the E of broadsword).
      It has a nice burst damage, self healing capability and you can play around with the W , you can choose for more damage with deadly chop or mobility with adrenaline rush.
      Plus, due the vampiric strike's energy cost, the ability cannot be perma-spammed with 10 seconds of cd because you will just run out of energy.
    • greataxe have a 20% movespeed buff that keep refreshing while you spin and lasts for 4s after stop spinning.

new passive for battleaxe: same from greataxe. 4s 20% movement speed after using it.
      new passive for battleaxe: deals true damage.

done, battleaxe on the meta again.

i do not like to compare battleaxe with dagger, i like to compare it with broadsword. Broadsword has so much pros against him that it's unfair.
      2x damage, resist buff, 10m dash, interrupt, lower cooldown.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DaarioNaharis ().

• marck97 wrote:

It has a nice burst damage
      Actually it has not and that is one of the main problems. At the moment you can more like tickle than burst. ;)

DaarioNaharis wrote:

i do not like to compare battleaxe with dagger, i like to compare it with broadsword. Broadsword has so much pros against him that it's unfair.

I agree that Battleaxe could be compared with Broadsword and the difference between these two are huge.

I would personally start to buff Battleaxe simply making it deal more damage. Increasing a little bit the base damage and perhaps add a vampiric bleed on top that, meaning that bleed will also heal the Battleaxe wielder. However, that damage increase + moving speed bonus after using the E was a good suggestion as well.
    • Thomas9 wrote:

marck97 wrote:

It has a nice burst damage
      Actually it has not and that is one of the main problems. At the moment you can more like tickle than burst. ;)

DaarioNaharis wrote:

I agree that Battleaxe could be compared with Broadsword and the difference between these two are huge.
      I would personally start to buff Battleaxe simply making it deal more damage. Increasing a little bit the base damage and perhaps add a vampiric bleed on top that, meaning that bleed will also heal the Battleaxe wielder. However, that damage increase + moving speed bonus after using the E was a good suggestion as well.
      I also like the idea that lowering the cooldown instead of increasing the damage. Doing this you can consolidate battleaxe as a sustain weapon, and not a burst weapon. It will be one of that weapon that you mine the enemies life keeping yours up, and make him lose by time.

I already do this with battleaxe, but i only win pvp when i have more IP than the enemy. This is why the weapon are weak.
    • Lohend wrote:

Buff the bleed to true damage and make bleed debuff healing from first stack: 1 bleed 7% healing decreased, 2 stacks 14% healing decrease, 3 stacks 21% healing decreased.

This would buff all axes to reasonable level.
      the bleeding was that way before, but they changed to only decrease healing after stacking 3. So i don't think they will get back with a nerf.

Axes are in a good position, battleaxe that is not.