[8. July 2020] Queen Hotfix 15.1

• [8. July 2020] Queen Hotfix 15.1

Queen Hotfix 15.1

Combat Balance Changes

• Self Ignition (Specter Jacket):
        • Self Damage per tick: 50 true Damage → 3% of max health
      This is a temporary hotfix intended to improve the situation for the high-level Crystal League matches coming this weekend.

As this is a server-side hotfix, the tooltip of the skill will still display the old value. The next patch will contain a proper adjustment to this ability, and will also adjust the tooltip.
    • buff against high health targets for sure.

possibly nerf against regular health.

does not address the op nature of this item at all.

agree w/ others that removing ability to stack and/or making it purgable are probably only way to actually fix imbalance here. :(
    • @Twissa @Vargt I think you are misreading a key word in the change. It's only the self damage that is changing from 50 true damage to 3% of max health. Damage to other players will remain the same, 50 true damage (affected by buffs/debuffs).

This is a big nerf for ZvZ or higher level CGvG. In ZvZ with sandwhich and tap root in 1400IP I have just over 4k hp. With old version of specter jacket I could activate gigantify boots for 8s and have 8k HP and burn for 8s and only deal 800 damage or about 10% of my total HP once the gig effect wore off. With this change, I'll be doing 3% max HP every HALF second, and using +HP items doesn't offer any benefit. If I burn for 8s I'm now doing 48% of my total HP as damage to myself.

The place where this was truly broken was in 5v5 content. In ZvZ it's strong, but not broken. I really hope this hotfix is just temporary and SBI is working on a permanent adjustment or rework for this item because as it stands from this patch it is entirely useless.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254

• Grimhawke-EB wrote:

@Twissa @Vargt I think you are misreading a key word in the change. It's only the self damage that is changing from 50 true damage to 3% of max health. Damage to other players will remain the same, 50 true damage (affected by buffs/debuffs).

This is a big nerf for ZvZ or higher level CGvG. In ZvZ with sandwhich and tap root in 1400IP I have just over 4k hp. With old version of specter jacket I could activate gigantify boots for 8s and have 8k HP and burn for 8s and only deal 800 damage or about 10% of my total HP once the gig effect wore off. With this change, I'll be doing 3% max HP every HALF second, and using +HP items doesn't offer any benefit. If I burn for 8s I'm now doing 48% of my total HP as damage to myself.

The place where this was truly broken was in 5v5 content. In ZvZ it's strong, but not broken. I really hope this hotfix is just temporary and SBI is working on a permanent adjustment or rework for this item because as it stands from this patch it is entirely useless.
      Ahhh ok.Thanks!
      Shikady - La Supremacia
    • this is funny to read after taking 4 months break from the game...

Specter Jacket was cried about as the most useless item in the game since its release a year ago (if not longer) and finally it found its way into usable meta... but now everyone is crying.

Give the DEVs a little time to adjust. 1 month of OP play does not make up for over a year of being a useless item (remember all those "Specter Jacket is useless" posts for months?).

Welcome to the meaning of "balance" :)
    • Captainrussia wrote:

this is funny to read after taking 4 months break from the game...

Specter Jacket was cried about as the most useless item in the game since its release a year ago (if not longer) and finally it found its way into usable meta... but now everyone is crying.

Give the DEVs a little time to adjust. 1 month of OP play does not make up for over a year of being a useless item (remember all those "Specter Jacket is useless" posts for months?).

This. I said months ago, give it a new ability. It's going to be literally useless after the patch because the damage will be so low, do so much more damage to yourself, not stack, etc. Right now it's cheesy as hell but it's still not a very good item for anything but cheese. It needs to be remade.
    • Acoustic wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

this is funny to read after taking 4 months break from the game...

This. I said months ago, give it a new ability. It's going to be literally useless after the patch because the damage will be so low, do so much more damage to yourself, not stack, etc. Right now it's cheesy as hell but it's still not a very good item for anything but cheese. It needs to be remade.
      they like to rave about risk vs reward but those things cost more than most builds in cgvg which is causing them to nerf it and the nerf is just to start killing tanks with 3% per sec, i guess i can name my char aloha snackbar and run into zergs with it using that and hunter hood only

The post was edited 1 time, last by LoganSilkCheeks ().