Hideout the worst idea?

• Hideout the worst idea?

Hello everyone, sorry for my English in advance, I speak this language poorly, so I use a translator and some knowledge.

I waited to let the idea go and the more I play the more I hate hideouts. They may not be wrong but I have trouble understanding which way the dev's want to go and it must be said that the community does not help!

Hideouts are added to help smaller guilds, ultimately it continues to benefit large or mighty guilds.

The territories lose their interest by losing the resource chest to offer it to the hideout.
      We lose the cities of BZ to have to build hideouts instead which do not move once implanted by a large guild.
      Finally the dev's add public chests on the maps to compensate for the lack of chests in the territory.
      Hideouts have no number limit, there are totally blocked maps, it's even worse now.

What I don't understand is why hideout and territory? It would be better to choose one or the other and delete the other permanently.

For me that totally destroys the game, especially since the design of the territories has been redone so why not have directly created a buildable territory?

I don't understand the direction in which the dev's are going, they make disguises and come out of the false content when there are a lot of problems solved.

This is just my opinion and I am looking forward to yours, and I must say that the game is going in the wrong direction for me and that I am playing less and less because of it.

I miss the era of the 3000 Blue Army, the updates destroy the big guilds / alliances but do nothing to help the small ones.

Thanks for reading and sorry if you don't understand and good game all :)
    • A very small handful of small guilds have been able to place and maintain HOs with politics/connections but objectively yes the HO roll out failed hard. It is extremely difficult for small guilds to live anywhere including crap T5 zones while making large guild/alliance life extremely convenient. They were supposed to have the opposite impact.
    • I have little to no politics/connections, as I'm pretty sure that I'm universally disliked due to my forum trolling. Yet my guild manages to flourish in the black zone with less than 30 active members.

We pay 1m silver per day (tribute system) to keep our hideout; these types of arrangements are commonly available to any small guild that is serious about becoming established in the black zone. If we kill/gank 3-5 of their members each day, that easily pays the day's tribute.

If guilds just drop a hideout kit randomly, without speaking to any leaders, it shouldn't be a surprise that theirs gets destroyed.
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

400 Holy Spec
    • hFly wrote:

@Mofrix
      Nah bro, If that was true the big alliances would rule over the world even easier than it is now.
      If you look to ARCH you will see that they have lots of HO and lots of maps have 3 or 4 HO from diff guilds that belong to ARCH.

There are a LOT of guilds around, and aren't that many maps so each guild could have ur own.
      I think there is no good players, who wanna share zone with ARCH.

Every ARCH zone is crowded all resourses gathered, and its like a magnets to the low skilled gankers from other guilds, because arch will never dismount to fight.

Yes, many players play like that, just because they don't know how this game really can be played. Like many people love the pain or cry with the sad songs, but its not mean the world have no happyness and smiles.
    • You guys really want to play a singleplayer game ?
      This isn't what Albion is.
      If you want to have a hideout in the BZ, that's very easily achievable. You either need politics or just pay/rent from someone.
      It IS possible for smaller guilds/alliances to have hideouts - all you need to do is interact with other players. Cut some deals, make some arrangements. That's what the game is about, not just "Oh i just want to go there, place a HO and people to not bother me". This is never going to happen.
    • There it is, the rental empire.
      That's what we are fighting against.

@iRawr
      I'm a good player that my guild shares 3 zones with ARCH, we fight almost every second and its pretty fun.
      Its hard because they have way too many players so sometimes they camp our HOs for hours, they dive solo dungeons as 5 and lke, 2 parties of 7-9 into groups to not blob.
      But not everyone of ARCH is like this, is just there are a lot of bad players ganging up together to terrorize the BZ.
    • @hFly

It was the case before the dev's took a wrong direction and yet the game was less shit than today. The big guilds it was deserved, it was a work of management and time, today we rewards those who don't play, this game is casual and that's what bothers me. The dev's don't know how to take a party and as soon as they offer something good, the community cries and they cancel everything. :(
    • @sh1ny

I don't know who you're talking to but no one has said what you're saying here on the contrary. We are talking about a logical decision that always unbalances the game.

If what you say is true, why don't you cry to come back in 2018? A reduced BZ, the Blue army which have 2/4 of the map?

When you have a small guild you cannot afford to pay 5-10M a week and in addition to having to defend the hideout daily with restrictions on the map, it is impossible. Maybe you do not have this problem in the US but in other communities it is all the more difficult to make a large guild!
    • Yeah, and let's not even talk about real money around here.
      A premmy for US is nothing but 1 month premmy is like 1/10 of my monthly wage, so to choose between eating or paying Albion, i'll be chosing eating.
      I can pay my own premmy with the ingame money but it would be hard to create my own guild and stabilish into the BZ with a few of my friends.
    • Mofrix wrote:

When you have a small guild you cannot afford to pay 5-10M a week and in addition to having to defend the hideout daily with restrictions on the map, it is impossible.
      1) I literally have a small guild and pay that much... it's not even difficult for a single player to make that much in a week's time.
      2) If you're paying for the hideout, why would you have to defend daily?

Edit: To specify, we pay 1m/day for our hideout in a T8 zone.
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

400 Holy Spec

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fusionbomb ().

• Mofrix wrote:

@sh1ny

I don't know who you're talking to but no one has said what you're saying here on the contrary. We are talking about a logical decision that always unbalances the game.

If what you say is true, why don't you cry to come back in 2018? A reduced BZ, the Blue army which have 2/4 of the map?

When you have a small guild you cannot afford to pay 5-10M a week and in addition to having to defend the hideout daily with restrictions on the map, it is impossible. Maybe you do not have this problem in the US but in other communities it is all the more difficult to make a large guild!

5-10m ? That's not what my guild/alliance has been asked to pay. Maybe try a lower zone ? Also i got around 30-35 (daily) active people and we're getting along just fine in the BZ with the hideout.
      I see nothing wrong with the design of the hideouts. You place it - if you are big enough to defend it "daily" then do so. If you aren't - pay to whoever owns the territory. What do you expect the design will be ? Every noob guild of five people to be able to place it and no one can attack it ?
      I can say that i also am looking forward to Roads of Avalon, supposedly there the big alliances will be unable to project their powers ( or at least not easily ). Wonder about what will people complain then ?
      I understand you want it easy, but cmon - this will take away the fun from the game.

Also on a totally unrelated note - if you're bad at pvp or don't want to - HCE's with 15% guild tax net from certain people in my guild around 2m/week per person. You get 5 man group doing HCE's ( not even high level: 7-10 ) daily and you will get only from taxes 10m/week. They will earn way more. Not so hard ?