Dungeon Changes (SRD & GRD)

• Dungeon Changes (SRD & GRD)

Hello guys!
    For the record i'm a PVE+ZVZ player, i don't enjoy small scale pvp at all. That being said:
    With the upcoming of the Corrupted Dungeons and how they work, I still feel that the SRD and GRD will remain as it is, poorly rewarding and the ones that are (T8+ and maps) will keep having scouts to prevent the divers to get the easy rewards they want.
    Still, divers exist and shouldn't be banned from my point of view, even though I don't like them I know that they are crucial to the game.
    Low tier dungeons are not rewarding at all (T4 to T7) and you have like, 20% chance of being dived (from T5 to T7) be it in groups or soloes, red or black zones. One of the issues is that divers go outnumbering the dungeons, pretty normal these days to get 3 or 4 divers into solo dgs and 6 to 10+ divers into groups (yes I know they blob with 10+ but you can deblob veeery easily if you have at least 1/4 of your brain working) .

Here is my idea:
    Make the SRD and GRD rewards and bosses scale peer floor. Set the floor amount to max everytime. And set entrance disappear 30min after a party remains inside (15 for solo).

So a SRD would have 4 floors with:
    1st - 1 or 2 Green bosses
    2nd - 1 or 2 Blue bosses
    3rd - 1 or 2 Purple bosses
    4th - Gold boss

And the GRD would have 5 floors with:
    1st - 2 or 3 Green bosses
    2nd - 1 or 2 Green bosses + 1 or 2 Blue bosses
    3rd - 1 or 2 Blue bosses + 1 or 2 Purple bosses
    4th - 2 or 3 Purple bosses
    5th - Gold boss

This way divers need to go deeper to find the people who are clearing the dgs, risking them to be also dived from behind.
    Ganking groups could set dives timed with the entrance disappearing by sitting a scout outside while they enter and check that the dungeons is being cleared. By the time the 30min has passed a non optimized group should be around the 2nd to 3rd floor, an optimized group should be reaching the 4th floor. If they scout the ganking group and 'Aout' the ganking group just need to switch gear to pve and clear the purple and gold bosses that are there (that would be a good loot), if the dungeon group wants to fight back (because the loot now is worth) then can swap to pvp gear and try to fight for it.
    The scouts would remain and now PVE groups would have a reason to fight back, scouting their numbers and considering if they can fight, also generates threat to divers cause as it is its either easy win or people fleeing without fighting.

Another option is to add a 30-60 second timer that the dungeon entrance closes right after the first party enters and remains inside, locking the 'A out'.
    After 30mins the entrance opens again, enables the 'A out' for the ones inside and pings for everyone on the map (enemies and allies) that the dungeon is being cleared and roughly the location. Could be 10 pings, 1 each every 30 seconds. After these 5 mins the entrance closes for good.
    This would alert ganking parties and divers to lay traps be for the dungeon runners or for the divers. This generates threat for both divers (that didn't have much) and dgs runners, while increasing their rewards. But the bubble should give an oportunity for the groups inside to leave aswell.

Another thing that could give a little more of "life" to the dungeons, specially the GRDs, is to let them give resources aswell (i know that Keeper already have the golens that can be mined).
    Although Roads of Avalon already has this concept, this could be a thing for normal dungeons aswell.
    By greatly increasing the length of the dungeons, we would have more space, to fill that space we could have resources on the dungeons, you as a dungeon runner could get them (but using pve gear would greatly short your resource income), but you could also have a gathering party behind with optimal gear (and pies, specs) to clear everything up.
    The tier of the dungeon define which tier of the resource aswell, as the dungeon has a beginning and an end, also the nodes wouldn't be "refreshed/recharged".

Keeper dungeons
    Would be the easiest one to add, in a cavern biome wouldn't be too hard to imagine ore/stone/plant nodes everywhere, they have the golens that could all be mined and bears to skin, fishponds on the water could be added aswell.

Heretic (the mines)
    Also an easy pick, ores/stone could be mined aswell, We can say that due to the loads of wood around, we could have wood piles that could also be chopped to drop Wood or Planks. There is water sometimes that could get fishponds.

Undead Graveyard
    This one is a little tricky, but the graveyard have a swamp feeling to it. Could add plants and stone to mine. Also could have "hidden treasures" that need like, a demo hammer to be bashed, giving you luxury goods.

Morgana
    The castle like place where nodes don't fit anywhere. But this certainly is the "Richest place", furniture, gold and silver everywhere. If they could be destroyed like the "hidden treasures" above, we could have a mix of refined resources + luxury goods dropping from here. The easiest thing though is for the mobs of this dungeon to have the option to be "mined" aswell, bats and ravens will give you hide, cultist and mages would give you cloth, knights would give you ingots and lava golens could be mined aswell giving the raw resource.

I know this is a crazy idea and probably won't be implemented. But this would be a great add to the game no?

The post was edited 2 times, last by hFly ().

• literally suggested this in another thread and you were not a fan at all?

i guess i didnt add more floors/bosses but....

remove A out, add a mechanic to replace the scout.

pve parties should have to build with PVP In mind, this is a full loot pvp sandbox and unless your doing HCES you should always have to be prepared to PVP or be on the losing end when you are not.

i run dungeons and i gank them, its far to safe for BOTH PARTIES.

this means its TOO SAFE FOR BOTH THE GANKERS AND DUNGEON RUNNERS, something people have a big time understanding .

ill repeat it a third time because some people have problems understanding that i am saying BOTH DUNGEON RUNNERS AND DUNGEON GANKERS ARE TOO LOW RISK HIGH REWARD WITH THE CURRENT MECHANICS.

more fame gained = more reward and that should = more risk, if you dont like that concept go fame farm HCEs at the slower, but 100% safe pace.

im sick of gankers running from me when they see im ready for a fight, im sick of pve players panicking and running away when maybe if they had of fought they would have won.

i just go solo into hellgates and fight teams, at least they fight me, but then i find RATS THAT ARE IN HELLGATES MEANT FOR PVP, BUT TRY TO AVOID PVP ENTIRELY.

the largest issue lies in peoples inability to accept loss in a full loot pvp game, BOTH GANKERS AND DUNGEON RUNNERS NEED MORE RISK AND LESS ABILITY TO DODGE PVP/SEAL CLUB PVE PLAYERS

edit: i also get dived from behind when i dive, 3rd party fights happen A LOT where i live.
    generic signature
  • Why complicate what is simple and works?

hFly wrote:

will keep having scouts to prevent the divers to get the easy rewards they want.
    Scouts are the only thing that prevents a DDive.
    They will not disappear from the game no matter how much PvE is ported, as DDivers continue to have a great advantage over PvEs and even with other mechanisms they would never be safe for PvE teams and so Scout will always be a thing present in this game until its ends.

Many may not like Scouts, but they exist in the game due to DDivers they are a consequence of DDive's own activity!

Dismadeus wrote:

remove A out
    On the day this mechanism leaves the game, PvE in PvP zones becomes something that only half a dozen players will do, then all the DDives will come to the forum to complain that they can't find anyone for DDive and that the game has no content and that it is dead because everyone is in the cities doing HCEs

It is so funny to see DDivers complaining that PvEs are protected, when these protections were introduced in the game after DDvivers complained that they had no victims in PvP zones, because in the past nobody went to these places because it almost always died.

In terms of rewarding being climbed according to the levels of the dungeons, I agree, but we have to keep in mind that not all dungeons have more than one or two levels which would make these dungeons a low reward...
  • Dismadeus wrote:

literally suggested this in another thread and you were not a fan at all?

i guess i didnt add more floors/bosses but....

remove A out, add a mechanic to replace the scout.

pve parties should have to build with PVP In mind, this is a full loot pvp sandbox and unless your doing HCES you should always have to be prepared to PVP or be on the losing end when you are not.

i run dungeons and i gank them, its far to safe for BOTH PARTIES.

this means its TOO SAFE FOR BOTH THE GANKERS AND DUNGEON RUNNERS, something people have a big time understanding .

ill repeat it a third time because some people have problems understanding that i am saying BOTH DUNGEON RUNNERS AND DUNGEON GANKERS ARE TOO LOW RISK HIGH REWARD WITH THE CURRENT MECHANICS.

more fame gained = more reward and that should = more risk, if you dont like that concept go fame farm HCEs at the slower, but 100% safe pace.

im sick of gankers running from me when they see im ready for a fight, im sick of pve players panicking and running away when maybe if they had of fought they would have won.

i just go solo into hellgates and fight teams, at least they fight me, but then i find RATS THAT ARE IN HELLGATES MEANT FOR PVP, BUT TRY TO AVOID PVP ENTIRELY.

the largest issue lies in peoples inability to accept loss in a full loot pvp game, BOTH GANKERS AND DUNGEON RUNNERS NEED MORE RISK AND LESS ABILITY TO DODGE PVP/SEAL CLUB PVE PLAYERS

edit: i also get dived from behind when i dive, 3rd party fights happen A LOT where i live.
    even if u bring a full pvp set u cant a) either clear shit b) he divers massively outgear u either way that u gotta a out, native 5v5 hg team clapped 15 from BA in open world with zvz gear up, and you think people ffing their spec could fight a team of specced out people in essentially one giant choke.
  • LoganSilkCheeks wrote:

even if u bring a full pvp set u cant a) either clear shit b) he divers massively outgear u either way that u gotta a out, native 5v5 hg team clapped 15 from BA in open world with zvz gear up, and you think people ffing their spec could fight a team of specced out people in essentially one giant choke.

lol... skill >>> gear-crutching + spec

albiononline.com/en/killboard/battles/98650736

it was an even/fair fight, btw... and we had 6.1 gear...
    Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
    T7 Fishing

400 Holy Spec
  • Zynthia wrote:

afaik srd and grd has a chance to get multiple floors no?
    Yes they have, 1 to 4 to SRDs and 1 to 5 to GRDs, but they are entirely random as far as which bosses are in each floor with the exception of the 4th floor for SRDs and the 5th floor for GRDs that they are preset with a golden chest and a golden boss, but they are very rare, the usual golden chests we find are in the beginning of the dungeon, on side roads. And veeeery rarely we have 4 floors on the SRDs and 5 on GRDs.

My point is to max ou the floors, and they'll be a little random as far as which boss is were and the layout of the map, but they would scale better, not have a golden chest in the first floor, then 2 greens in the second then 1 blue in the last one. Specially early on you wouldn't be able to clear a full dungeon alone with no items and no specs, you could clear like, up to the 3rd floor, then you can spec up until you can kill a golden boss (this is just an example).
    And as the deeper you would go, the better the rewards, gankers and divers would also benefit from it, having to dive deep into the dungeons but getting better rewards.
    And for newbie parties they wouldn't be able to clear every dungeons till the end, so they would be a little safe in the early levels, wouldn't get much fame or rewards but they could A out after 1 or 2 floor without much risk.

The post was edited 1 time, last by hFly ().

• I have a solution for scouts.
    Item power requirement for solo's/group dungeons/maps/static dungeons.

If you enter the dungeon naked, or with too low IP, you will lose % hp per second due to the dungeon area being poisonous.
    The longer a dungeon is active (players entered and started clearing) the more poisonous the gas gets.

So basically, no naked scouts. If you want a scout it'd have to have good IP... BUT, if you are not pushing the dungeon, the poison starts to kill you regardless.
    Divers will have time to catch up and be unaffected by the poison, unless they sit at the beginning too long and get poisoned.

Second idea.. Why not just put gates, like in Avalonians that must be breached by any players entering? It's already in the game. just implement it.
  • I also have a solution for scouts.
    Remove the scouts by removing the divers. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Scouts will remain if divers remain, because divers have way too many advantages over the ones being dove.

But let's be realistic, divers are a part of this game, even though I don't like them, I think they are essential to the game. I just think diving is way too easy and does not fit the risk/reward system that the game is based on. Dungeon runners have high risk - low reward, if they use a scout they'll get low risk - low reward which is fine. Divers have low risk - high reward, with scouts is low risk - low reward. So i don't see a problem there.
  • Scouts break the TOS, because we all know its not your little brother on his laptop, its one of the fame farmers on their phone or second laptop, or even so bold.. Multiple albions on one pc without a sandbox or vpn.

Divers are not the problem, inaction on SBI's behalf with multi accounts is the problem. This has been a problem since before i started playing. Used to be able to specter shoe in past the scouts if you were smart/careful. Now they patched that, and they still bring 2 scouts.

Maybe, there needs to be more of a risk via Traps that the PVE players can break and then replace as their own. If players want risk free fame, HCE.

Get rid of scouts, the game is too safe.

Portal > Bubble/invis out of the entire zone, Bubble on other side for 30 seconds+, wait on ring, another 30s bubble. Getting ganked? Turn around and zone out, for yet ANOTHER bubble.
    Enter a dungeon, get a bubble, being killed by 5 guys? Just dance on top of the portal and you will 95% of the time force them to zone on accident and get yet ANOTHER BUBLE.

Hideouts need channel, like solo dungeon. Zone portals need to be changed to either a channel, or each new portal has a limitaiton that you cannot keep re-zoning for bubble.

If you are in a mega alliance, the game has never been safer. You have multiple hideouts, all within bubble distance of a portal. Its absolutely ridiculous.
  • I agree that multiple accounts are a problem.
    That being said, i'm a scout myself and I get well paid for doing my job.
    My guild have a few HO deep inside the Blackzone and we dont have problems killing people trying to get to their hideout when we shutdown a map for ganking.

I scout the roads, the guys lay the trap. Not that hard, just need to think a little bit and use the comms.
    Now the lazy gankers that wanna close an entrance with 4 people and just profit out of something that differs from the risk/reward game system? Yeah, they need to be punished. It's way harder to gank into the middle of the map and you need to be smart about that, not just lazy and expect great rewards. Lots of guys can just pass through us and go to the hideout if they dodge the gank (which they can), so even the new purge from dismounting isn't a problem to me, we just need to be smarter, thats all.

And no, i'm not in a mega alliance, we are a big guild that work hard to do our things and we get killed ALOT by mega alliances, it sucks but is my choice to be where I am.

I only think that the risk vs reward should always be present in the game. Balance of all things.

Right now? Divers ARE a problem. Because they have PVP gear, they bring invisible gear if things get ugly they can leave, they can engage safely by being invisble while people are engaging mobs. Usually they have the uphand on numbers aswell, and for the dungeon runners the dungeon loot rn is shit. They nerfed so hard the loot AND the Black market when Carleon portal was destroyed. And what? We need to bring pve gear, pvp gear, invisible potion, demon boots to run while we can recover our cds. Just the invisible potion is more than a T5 and T6 drop in the BZ (not considering runes souls and relics).
    Yeah sometimes we get a chest that is worth 500k to 1m but they are very rare.

So what can we do to prevent that? We can 5man solo dungeons, which the profit that is shit right now is gonna be even worse. We can 5 man a Group dungeon while 10ppl stand on guard (but this is more expensive than 3 or 4 dungeon runs). Or we can just pay for a scout, which is cheap and eficient. We may need to A out but we just don't loose our stuff, we are not getting any reward.

The post was edited 1 time, last by hFly ().

• jaredxsimpson wrote:

Scouts break the TOS, because we all know its not your little brother on his laptop, its one of the fame farmers on their phone or second laptop, or even so bold.. Multiple albions on one pc without a sandbox or vpn.

Divers are not the problem, inaction on SBI's behalf with multi accounts is the problem.

Maybe, there needs to be more of a risk via Traps that the PVE players can break and then replace as their own. If players want risk free fame, HCE.

Get rid of scouts, the game is too safe.

Portal > Bubble/invis out of the entire zone, Bubble on other side for 30 seconds+, wait on ring, another 30s bubble. Getting ganked? Turn around and zone out, for yet ANOTHER bubble.
    Enter a dungeon, get a bubble, being killed by 5 guys? Just dance on top of the portal and you will 95% of the time force them to zone on accident and get yet ANOTHER BUBLE.

Hideouts need channel, like solo dungeon. Zone portals need to be changed to either a channel, or each new portal has a limitaiton that you cannot keep re-zoning for bubble.

If you are in a mega alliance, the game has never been safer. You have multiple hideouts, all within bubble distance of a portal. Its absolutely ridiculous.
    1. people actually pay for their scouts hence its not a *little brother* its someone being paid to sit there instead of grinding something, if you got any evidence for your claim might as well report it otherwise we can just say everyone above 200m is RMTing and we should end ban them whenever they lose an expensive set or trade too much for a worthless item
    2. oh really? in *megas* you have divers from all 5 locks coming to statics for 24/7, players with 300m+ fame, scouts aren't there because its suddenly cool to have them, its cause from 8 utc to 24 utc you have 20+ guilds diving the same dungeon, -> if you have a hideout in a t7-8 static and you accept newer players youre going to have divers 24/7 and if you clear them they regear cause infinite money anyway. not to mention that population has tripled since start of the year, and went is x6 times of the population of 2 years ago. just cause you see yourself diving once doesnt mean youre the first one there... active players went from 20->70->120k, subs went from 700k to 2m
    3. players are joining guilds to reduce risk , ur in a guild everyone is in a guild to reduce risk either stop people from having guilds then and everyone gets risk! if you say its not to reduce risk how many times have you been killed by a guildie in HG after getting good loot or diving people etc.
    4. why? cause you can bring 10 buddies into a zone and kill people as solo? i mean lets put outlaw as well that doesnt let you get bubbles and if you got more fame than someone else you drop 1% of your silver on death. if you got 10 times the fame of someone else you get to lose 15% of your silver, no carebearing just for real men.
  • Another thing that could give a little more of "life" to the dungeons, specially the GRDs, is to let them give resources aswell (i know that Keeper already have the golens that can be mined).
    Although Roads of Avalon already has this concept, this could be a thing for normal dungeons aswell.
    By greatly increasing the length of the dungeons, we would have more space, to fill that space we could have resources on the dungeons, you as a dungeon runner could get them (but using pve gear would greatly short your resource income), but you could also have a gathering party behind with optimal gear (and pies, specs) to clear everything up.
    The tier of the dungeon define which tier of the resource aswell, as the dungeon has a beginning and an end, also the nodes wouldn't be "refreshed/recharged".

Keeper dungeons
    Would be the easiest one to add, in a cavern biome wouldn't be too hard to imagine ore/stone/plant nodes everywhere, they have the golens that could all be mined and bears to skin, fishponds on the water could be added aswell.

Heretic (the mines)
    Also an easy pick, ores/stone could be mined aswell, We can say that due to the loads of wood around, we could have wood piles that could also be chopped to drop Wood or Planks. There is water sometimes that could get fishponds.

Undead Graveyard
    This one is a little tricky, but the graveyard have a swamp feeling to it. Could add plants and stone to mine. Also could have "hidden treasures" that need like, a demo hammer to be bashed, giving you luxury goods.

Morgana
    The castle like place where nodes don't fit anywhere. But this certainly is the "Richest place", furniture, gold and silver everywhere. If they could be destroyed like the "hidden treasures" above, we could have a mix of refined resources + luxury goods dropping from here. The easiest thing though is for the mobs of this dungeon to have the option to be "mined" aswell, bats and ravens will give you hide, cultist and mages would give you cloth, knights would give you ingots and lava golens could be mined aswell giving the raw resource.

I know this is a crazy idea and probably won't be implemented. But this would be a great add to the game no?