Guardian helmet - emergency heal

• Guardian helmet - emergency heal

The guardian helmet emergency heal ability needs to be reworked for the new corrupted dungeons update or curse will be completely unplayable. A lot of people are using it just for the 10% heal alone, while negating curse users is just gravy on top. If you really want it to be an anti curse item then you should go all in, maybe something among the lines of healing 1% per dot stack removed so the player has to make a choice when using this helmet not just slap it on for the 10%. Another option would be going in the other direction and having the 10% heal as an aoe to 5 allies around you WITHOUT the curse removal, that would work much better thematically and still serve its purpose.

Alternatively a much more complicated and time consuming approach would be reworking the curse staves as an archetype, im not a really big fan of this option, the current version of curse serves its place and is interesting/unique enough to be a fun alternative to regular casting staves however having a whole build nullified completely by one helmet is unacceptable.
    • Sumirei wrote:

The guardian helmet emergency heal ability needs to be reworked for the new corrupted dungeons update or curse will be completely unplayable. A lot of people are using it just for the 10% heal alone, while negating curse users is just gravy on top. If you really want it to be an anti curse item then you should go all in, maybe something among the lines of healing 1% per dot stack removed so the player has to make a choice when using this helmet not just slap it on for the 10%. Another option would be going in the other direction and having the 10% heal as an aoe to 5 allies around you WITHOUT the curse removal, that would work much better thematically and still serve its purpose.

Alternatively a much more complicated and time consuming approach would be reworking the curse staves as an archetype, im not a really big fan of this option, the current version of curse serves its place and is interesting/unique enough to be a fun alternative to regular casting staves however having a whole build nullified completely by one helmet is unacceptable.
      And then what should we do with unreflectable 1h's E?
    • DirtySentinel wrote:

No. You can restack curse very quickly despite guardian helm. If you’re 1h, you will be using 2 E’s for his every helm. More if you have high cdr.

It is a powerful tool, granted, but it is only effective against some weapons. Those same weapons are strong against hunter hood.
      First of all thats only 1 cursed staff out of 7, second of all i can see you've never played 1v1 especially with curse, youre assuming the opponent is basically afk and has no tools to deal with anything you throw at them, stacking is not fast unless youre using the PVE Q which is atrocious and very greedy in pvp, there are two dots you want to stack and by the time you stack them youre already half hp, without the guardian helmet you can turn the fight in your favor from then on but with it curse just loses on the spot. Curse doesnt want any cdr but dmg stacking, if youre thinking about the a cdr stacking W root build thats again extremely greedy and assumes perfect play from you and complete incompetence from your opponent while also performing worse than any other build version. As for the multiple E's during a helmet thats hardly the reality, the first one get insta removed so now you only have 1 left BUT you dont want to just do it outright unless you have such high gear hes going to die from it because if the opponent doesnt die youre left at a huge disadvantage with no stacks, no outgoing dmg and thats assuming the opponent has no healing factor OR way to block/mitigate the E which would be a disaster and guaranteed loss even without the guardian helmet. In a vacuum it seems fine but in practice its a completely different story.

I've got about 600h of solo curved staff gameplay (i played with all of em) and i have to say as soon as guardian helmet became meta just for the heal the game was ruined for me and if this doesnt get changed cursed staff is going to be unplayable in the corrupted dungeons. As for the unreflectable E i agree with you, it is a really stupid change, all the big hitting E abilities should be reflectable, if anything reflect shouldve been created just to counter them but then again thats just 1 weapon out of 7, if you think its ok to ruin an entire archetype just because 1 ability of 1 weapon is "too good" then i have no hope for the future.
    • 1H Curse is simply way too strong. It´s a brain dead weapon - you dont stack Q with skillshots, you just press the button. And then you press E and the target is really low or almost dead. That´s a problem.

Fortunately, there is guardian helm that enables you to live. In 2 v 2 hellgates, two guardian helmets and you are golden against curses.

In 1 v 1 ( corrupted dungeons lets say ), the curse will still have a place - for cooldown on guardian helm is rather long, while E on 1h curse cd is rather short. So it will still be viable, just not riddiculously OP ( which is always not good).

If there was no guardian helm, everyone would be running curse. Because it requires no skillshots and is extremely strong. If there were no counters to that, it would be pretty stupid.

It´s hard to make curses more viable without completely changing them.
    • Sumirei wrote:

DirtySentinel wrote:

No. You can restack curse very quickly despite guardian helm. If you’re 1h, you will be using 2 E’s for his every helm. More if you have high cdr.

It is a powerful tool, granted, but it is only effective against some weapons. Those same weapons are strong against hunter hood.
      First of all thats only 1 cursed staff out of 7, second of all i can see you've never played 1v1 especially with curse
      very assumptive of you. Curse is my main weapon with healer in 2s.

Second, you’re refering to corrupted (solo) dungeons. Why would you bring any curse besides 1h? If you play curse as much as you admit, you understand the strength of applying dots and kiting until next dot can apply, not standing still and taking damage. I would run the single target Q, which stacks quickly especially while kiting out.

curse is really strong for 1v1 and very few weapons can challenge it, but it does have an effective counter. The problem is swap sets, not just guardian. Guardian is decent, but by running it you gimp yourself against other comps and vice versa. It’s very rock-paper-scissory.
    • DirtySentinel wrote:

Second, you’re refering to corrupted (solo) dungeons. Why would you bring any curse besides 1h? If you play curse as much as you admit, you understand the strength of applying dots and kiting until next dot can apply, not standing still and taking damage. I would run the single target Q, which stacks quickly especially while kiting out.

curse is really strong for 1v1 and very few weapons can challenge it, but it does have an effective counter. The problem is swap sets, not just guardian. Guardian is decent, but by running it you gimp yourself against other comps and vice versa. It’s very rock-paper-scissory.
      In solo gameplay you often have to fight more than 1 person since 1 man ganks are really rare, for the most part you cant just kite them and a lot of em are using kite weapons themselves. In 2s you can just go balls to the wall dmg and have the healer negate the downside but solo you need a lot of def which reduced the dmg output by a lot.

As for corrupted dungeons i wanted to try the new avalonian cursed staff and lifecurse staff (yes 1h is better but lifecurse does really well against melee and mid range builds while any curse staff losses to warbows, lifecurse also scares them at first and often times it prevents them from using theyre defensives in wait for the death curse, same for 1h you dont even need to use it because most will wait until its too late and you just kill them without it) but if guardian helmet remains the same then all cursed staff will be garbage tier.

As for general 1v1 i have a build that beats everybody except for good warbow players, not a rock paper scissors scenario.
    • Sumirei wrote:

DirtySentinel wrote:

In solo gameplay you often have to fight more than 1 person since 1 man ganks are really rare, for the most part you cant just kite them and a lot of em are using kite weapons themselves. In 2s you can just go balls to the wall dmg and have the healer negate the downside but solo you need a lot of def which reduced the dmg output by a lot.
      As for corrupted dungeons i wanted to try the new avalonian cursed staff and lifecurse staff (yes 1h is better but lifecurse does really well against melee and mid range builds while any curse staff losses to warbows, lifecurse also scares them at first and often times it prevents them from using theyre defensives in wait for the death curse, same for 1h you dont even need to use it because most will wait until its too late and you just kill them without it) but if guardian helmet remains the same then all cursed staff will be garbage tier.

As for general 1v1 i have a build that beats everybody except for good warbow players, not a rock paper scissors scenario.
      my response was specific to 1v1 because you mentioned corrupted dungeons.
    • curse 1 h..

use cleric robe, and one E is in the void
      use dodgeroll boots and second E is in the void
      alternative
      blink on E boom...
      <now 30 seconds have passed>
      if u unlucky you enemy is a sword and uses parry, then u never E it
      if there is on top guardian helmet ..lol..

1h curse is a bit like great nature, works vs noobs crap vs experienced players
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

curse 1 h..

use cleric robe, and one E is in the void
      use dodgeroll boots and second E is in the void
      alternative
      blink on E boom...
      <now 30 seconds have passed>
      if u unlucky you enemy is a sword and uses parry, then u never E it
      if there is on top guardian helmet ..lol..

1h curse is a bit like great nature, works vs noobs crap vs experienced players
      yes it’s on the extremes, either you are a strong counter as curse, or you are strongly countered.
    • Gerrit wrote:

Sumirei wrote:

The guardian helmet emergency heal ability needs to be reworked for the new corrupted dungeons update or curse will be completely unplayable.
      1h will be unplayable. So what? A lot of builds/weapon types are unplayable in solo.
      We don't care on other weapons, we want your gear for pressing Q Q Q E Q.

No reflects, no counters. We mush be rewarded for hardcore PvP gameplay as 1h cursed.

Will be better if items will drop right to the caerleon bank tab. And remove guardian helm from the game. Thank you SBI!

The post was edited 1 time, last by iRawr ().

• Zemlenika wrote:

Sumirei wrote:

And then what should we do with unreflectable 1h's E?
      just make it reflectable by hunter hood-spear w-inferno shield, , and unreflectable only by parry strike.

that's the only reason because it became unreflectable.
    • I already spoke my piece on this in a separate long thread but just get irritated when I see people say curse bomb lacks counters without guardian in game. Curse has easily triggered counters in ALL armor slots available. Many players have just got fat and happy with the broken guardian so the below items are basically forgotten.

Helmet: Mercenary hood and soldier helm completely remove/block all bomb damage.

Armor: Cleric robe blocks all bomb damage and allows you to pound on the curse with amplified bonus damage at the same time.

Feet: Royal or Assassin shoes once again completely block all bomb damage. Guardian boots also nullify much of the burst risk.

Besides all this above the bomb has a somewhat lengthy cast time which can be interrupted and additionally an extreme long time before the damage hits giving opponents ample time to react with a defensive (one of the very few Es in game that has this).

During my 2s and solo diving I have not seen many other fellow curse players because it is not easy to play effectively these days (one of the reasons I actually enjoy it). You need to essentially time everything perfectly and know when exactly to bomb to win consistently in the current state of 1h curse.

Lastly I would gladly trade bomb being reflectable again for the rework of guardian helm (DoT cleanse removed).

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tabor ().