About update (Artifact Armors Combat Specialist)

    • szonka wrote:

      Neef wrote:

      szonka wrote:

      Yiotoo wrote:

      In the example in albiononline.com/en/news/devtalk-avalonian-weapons

      "This means if you have the Artifact Sword Combat Specialist at level 70, the Fame of that node will then be split evenly into the three new specialization nodes for the individual items: Clarent Blade, Carving Sword, and Galatine Pair. The new node for the Avalonian Sword would start at zero."
      So:
      Clarent Blade (Rune) = 70
      Carving Sword (Soul)= 70
      Galatine Pair (Relic)= 70
      Avalonian Sword (Avalonian) = 0

      But how will it be for armor? Will they split? If no it is ok, but and if yes, how will it be?
      if you have 70 in Artifact Robe Combat Specialist.
      Druid Robe (Rune) = 70
      Fiend Robe (Soul) = 70
      Cultist Robe (Relic) = 70
      Royal Robe (Royal Sigil) = 70 or 0?
      Robe of Purity (Avalonian) = 70 or 0?
      As I understood it will be divide, so:Clarent Blade (Rune) = 70/3 = ~23Carving Sword (Soul)= 70/3 = ~23Galatine Pair (Relic)= 70/3 = ~23
      Avalonian Sword (Avalonian) = 0

      Am I wrong?
      You are wrong, Its going to be w.e level you have in all 3, and the new ava weapon will be 0. So if you have 100 in Artifact weapon you will be 100 in all the current artifact weapons and 0 in ava. If you have 70 you will have 70 in all 3 and 0 in ava . The current artifact fame is 3 x the amount, Meaning your really leveling all 3 but all at 1 time, So at the end of the day you lose no fame, The only weapon that will be different is the new ones which everyone will have 0.
      So You mean, that after changes all 3 artifacts weapons will have similar fame level as normal weapon, what means that speed of achieving next levels will be same like for normal weapon? Right? I'm asking because I don't achieve any artifact weapon to 100 yet.
      Yes you are correct. Avalonian will be the new artifact tree in a way, in that it is harder to fame up numbers wise.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

      Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

      Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • Bukem wrote:

      I like that nobody has answered this question

      Does 100 artifact robe now give 100 in all 5 armour pieces after the split, or less?

      Weapons make perfect sense because there aren't Royal or Avalonian weapons covered by the existing spec, but it isn't clear for armour
      the total fame will be splitted by 5.
      level 100 artifact shoes will be then
      5 times level 83.

      Have fun leveling it again :D
    • Can we get a Dev clarification on this? @Retroman Based on the only information we have, it seems as though armor artifact specialization will be split between the 5 existing artifact armors into their own separate nodes post-update, and since the total fame required for this node today is 3X the basic item node instead of 5X, it stands to reason that post-update, these 5 new nodes will have less than 100 (most likely 83).

      Is this the intended outcome?
    • MadSkillzDLR wrote:

      If you have 100 spec on armor artifact, then you will have 100 spec on each one after split, except avalonian.
      People who have no idea wtf they are talking about need quit saying stupid shit or at least post your source.

      What your understanding most likely comes from is how the "weapons" will work. We get it. We read it. We understand how weapons will work and more importantly the way weapons will work makes sense.

      Weapons have 3 weapons for each artifact node and each artifact node requires 3X the fame, so splitting them into 3 separate nodes and taking the total fame achieved divided by 3 in these nodes will result in them being the same level as before. We get it.

      Armor, on the other hand, is different because there are 5 armors in the artifact node but the fame required, like the weapons, is also 3X the fame, so taking the total fame achieved and dividing it by 5 does not have same effect.

      What you just stated is not what Retroman said in the announcement post:

      Retroman wrote:

      Kyrw wrote:

      Can you please state what will happens to armor?Avalonian will start at 0?
      What about Royal?
      Are they going to be 0.1 Ip pe level also?
      @Retroman
      The armors are getting the same treatment, but the amount of nodes is different:
      • The fame of an exisisting Armor artifact specialization node is taken out and split evenly among the 5 specific artifact armor nodes.
      • Every base armor grants 0.2 IP to all of it's category per level
      • Every artifact armor grants 0.1 IP to all of it's category per level
      • All armor nodes maxed combined will add up to a Mastery Bonus of 330 Item Power


      Cheers,
      Retro
      The part in bold contradicts this notion that you will have 100 in all except Ava. Sounds like they plan to allocate current fame into this node.
    • Calesvol wrote:

      Can we get a Dev clarification on this? @Retroman Based on the only information we have, it seems as though armor artifact specialization will be split between the 5 existing artifact armors into their own separate nodes post-update, and since the total fame required for this node today is 3X the basic item node instead of 5X, it stands to reason that post-update, these 5 new nodes will have less than 100 (most likely 83).

      Is this the intended outcome?

      Yes. The fame of the artifact armor node will be split across the 5 new nodes. This means if you have 100/100 in artfiact armor specialization now you will NOT have 100/100 in all new 5 nodes. But instead have each node filled up to maybe 80-ish (i would have to check the fame values to see where exactly you end up)

      Cheers,
      Retro
    • Retroman wrote:

      Calesvol wrote:

      Can we get a Dev clarification on this? @Retroman Based on the only information we have, it seems as though armor artifact specialization will be split between the 5 existing artifact armors into their own separate nodes post-update, and since the total fame required for this node today is 3X the basic item node instead of 5X, it stands to reason that post-update, these 5 new nodes will have less than 100 (most likely 83).

      Is this the intended outcome?
      Yes. The fame of the artifact armor node will be split across the 5 new nodes. This means if you have 100/100 in artfiact armor specialization now you will NOT have 100/100 in all new 5 nodes. But instead have each node filled up to maybe 80-ish (i would have to check the fame values to see where exactly you end up)

      Cheers,
      Retro
      This will also apply to the artifact crafting?
    • Retroman wrote:

      Calesvol wrote:

      Can we get a Dev clarification on this? @Retroman Based on the only information we have, it seems as though armor artifact specialization will be split between the 5 existing artifact armors into their own separate nodes post-update, and since the total fame required for this node today is 3X the basic item node instead of 5X, it stands to reason that post-update, these 5 new nodes will have less than 100 (most likely 83).

      Is this the intended outcome?
      Yes. The fame of the artifact armor node will be split across the 5 new nodes. This means if you have 100/100 in artfiact armor specialization now you will NOT have 100/100 in all new 5 nodes. But instead have each node filled up to maybe 80-ish (i would have to check the fame values to see where exactly you end up)

      Cheers,
      Retro
      Awesome. Thank you for the clarification. For those interested in the impact to levels post-patch:

      So, today, in all artifact armor specialization nodes (includes chest, helm, boots), the total required fame for level 100 is 101,577 k (or 25,389 k credits; only 12,694 k for helm and boots). I am basing this on the fame displayed on the respec slider:



      If you take 101,557 k and divide it by 5, you end up with 20,311 k being reallocated into each of the 5 new artifact nodes. Assuming the 5 new artifact nodes have the same fame requirements as regular nodes today, meaning they require 33,852 k fame or 8,463 k credits for level 100, the 20,311 k fame will basically get you to level 83 but pretty close to 84 (84 requires 20,514 k fame but we only have 20,311 k):



      This basically means that to get a single node back to 100 again, it will cost an additional 13,541 k fame, and to get all 5 new nodes back to 100, an additional 67,705 k fame. For helm and boots, while the fame requirement will remain the same, it will actually be better to use fame credits to max these out since it costs half as much fame credit compared to fame for these lines.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Calesvol ().

    • Retroman wrote:

      Calesvol wrote:

      Can we get a Dev clarification on this? @Retroman Based on the only information we have, it seems as though armor artifact specialization will be split between the 5 existing artifact armors into their own separate nodes post-update, and since the total fame required for this node today is 3X the basic item node instead of 5X, it stands to reason that post-update, these 5 new nodes will have less than 100 (most likely 83).

      Is this the intended outcome?
      Yes. The fame of the artifact armor node will be split across the 5 new nodes. This means if you have 100/100 in artfiact armor specialization now you will NOT have 100/100 in all new 5 nodes. But instead have each node filled up to maybe 80-ish (i would have to check the fame values to see where exactly you end up)

      Cheers,
      Retro
      What is the logic behind this decision?

      Also, if you do go through with this decision will this also impact weapons?

      Just to clarify, to level up anything from 80 -> 100 spec, is 46.6% of your progress in any spec.

      To level up 1x artifact chest from 80 -> 100 spec you need 11.8m credits
      To level up 1x footwear/headwear 80 -> 100 spec you need 5.9m credits.
      To re-level all armors 3x chest, 3x head, 3x foot = 11.8 * 3 + 5.9 * 6 = 70.8m credits

      If this will also apply to weapons then here as follows:

      There are 15 artifact trees.

      To level up 1x artifact weapon from 80 -> 100 spec you would need 23.7m credits

      To re-level all 15x arti weapons you would need 23.7 * 15 = 355.5m credits.

      The community needs an answer as to what is the logic behind punishing veteran players, who have spent their precious time leveling up their weapons to be required to re-acquire the lost spec across the board from 80 -> 100?
    • DopyDoge wrote:

      Retroman wrote:

      Calesvol wrote:

      Can we get a Dev clarification on this? @Retroman Based on the only information we have, it seems as though armor artifact specialization will be split between the 5 existing artifact armors into their own separate nodes post-update, and since the total fame required for this node today is 3X the basic item node instead of 5X, it stands to reason that post-update, these 5 new nodes will have less than 100 (most likely 83).

      Is this the intended outcome?
      Yes. The fame of the artifact armor node will be split across the 5 new nodes. This means if you have 100/100 in artfiact armor specialization now you will NOT have 100/100 in all new 5 nodes. But instead have each node filled up to maybe 80-ish (i would have to check the fame values to see where exactly you end up)
      Cheers,
      Retro
      What is the logic behind this decision?
      Also, if you do go through with this decision will this also impact weapons?

      Just to clarify, to level up anything from 80 -> 100 spec, is 46.6% of your progress in any spec.

      To level up 1x artifact chest from 80 -> 100 spec you need 11.8m credits
      To level up 1x footwear/headwear 80 -> 100 spec you need 5.9m credits.
      To re-level all armors 3x chest, 3x head, 3x foot = 11.8 * 3 + 5.9 * 6 = 70.8m credits

      If this will also apply to weapons then here as follows:

      There are 15 artifact trees.

      To level up 1x artifact weapon from 80 -> 100 spec you would need 23.7m credits

      To re-level all 15x arti weapons you would need 23.7 * 15 = 355.5m credits.

      The community needs an answer as to what is the logic behind punishing veteran players, who have spent their precious time leveling up their weapons to be required to re-acquire the lost spec across the board from 80 -> 100?
      It is very simple, they want everyone to be in a 24x7 dungeon or hellgates. The only ones harmed in all this are those who have just started ... poor condemned.
    • NaturalSelection wrote:

      It is very simple, they want everyone to be in a 24x7 dungeon or hellgates. The only ones harmed in all this are those who have just started ... poor condemned.
      But those players also don't have to fame farm up 3 weapons just to use one. For example, if I wanted to just use Carving Sword instead of Clarent Blade and Galatine Pair, I can now level that up 3x faster. That's a win for a lot of people, but with the inverse leveling something up like Black Hands or most of the Hammer/Mace category is going to be excruciating.
    • Retroman wrote:

      Calesvol wrote:

      Can we get a Dev clarification on this? @Retroman Based on the only information we have, it seems as though armor artifact specialization will be split between the 5 existing artifact armors into their own separate nodes post-update, and since the total fame required for this node today is 3X the basic item node instead of 5X, it stands to reason that post-update, these 5 new nodes will have less than 100 (most likely 83).

      Is this the intended outcome?
      Yes. The fame of the artifact armor node will be split across the 5 new nodes. This means if you have 100/100 in artfiact armor specialization now you will NOT have 100/100 in all new 5 nodes. But instead have each node filled up to maybe 80-ish (i would have to check the fame values to see where exactly you end up)

      Cheers,
      Retro
      Can we have this as a separate official Developer statement, not just a reply in the thread?
      In the video about Avalonian Weapons the dev states directly the opposite, at least regarding weapons. So many players will assume, same logic would be applied to armor as well.
      Link:
    • DopyDoge wrote:

      Retroman wrote:

      Calesvol wrote:

      Can we get a Dev clarification on this? @Retroman Based on the only information we have, it seems as though armor artifact specialization will be split between the 5 existing artifact armors into their own separate nodes post-update, and since the total fame required for this node today is 3X the basic item node instead of 5X, it stands to reason that post-update, these 5 new nodes will have less than 100 (most likely 83).

      Is this the intended outcome?
      Yes. The fame of the artifact armor node will be split across the 5 new nodes. This means if you have 100/100 in artfiact armor specialization now you will NOT have 100/100 in all new 5 nodes. But instead have each node filled up to maybe 80-ish (i would have to check the fame values to see where exactly you end up)
      Cheers,
      Retro
      What is the logic behind this decision?
      Also, if you do go through with this decision will this also impact weapons?

      Just to clarify, to level up anything from 80 -> 100 spec, is 46.6% of your progress in any spec.

      To level up 1x artifact chest from 80 -> 100 spec you need 11.8m credits
      To level up 1x footwear/headwear 80 -> 100 spec you need 5.9m credits.
      To re-level all armors 3x chest, 3x head, 3x foot = 11.8 * 3 + 5.9 * 6 = 70.8m credits

      If this will also apply to weapons then here as follows:

      There are 15 artifact trees.

      To level up 1x artifact weapon from 80 -> 100 spec you would need 23.7m credits

      To re-level all 15x arti weapons you would need 23.7 * 15 = 355.5m credits.

      The community needs an answer as to what is the logic behind punishing veteran players, who have spent their precious time leveling up their weapons to be required to re-acquire the lost spec across the board from 80 -> 100?
      Im quite sure you didn't understood the maths behind. The division will make it that you DONT need to spec them as "individual arti" but as "rtegular" branches.
    • Retroman wrote:

      Yes. The fame of the artifact armor node will be split across the 5 new nodes. This means if you have 100/100 in artfiact armor specialization now you will NOT have 100/100 in all new 5 nodes. But instead have each node filled up to maybe 80-ish (i would have to check the fame values to see where exactly you end up)

      Cheers,
      Retro
      So if I understand this correctly, there are players that have potentially had 100 spec in all 5 artifact armors since January and you want to now give them the equivalent of 82-83 in each line? I hope this will be given out as respec credits with 0 loss because I would rather max out 3 lines I want than have 83 in each one.
    • MadSkillzDLR wrote:


      If i have 100/100 spec in the current armors available, I should keep them at 100/100 and the new ones at 0/100. Why am I being penalized just because you introduce new armors lol.

      Nice nerf to everyone.
      Because there are no new armors available, but the Avalonian and royal armors that exist already. You're not geting "penalized", since you keep you total fame.
    • You are going to RUIN the sense of having accomplished anything. You should've made avalonian armors a separate node when you released it. Literally having to FF the same boring shirt you thought you were done with is just a shitty experience. Don't make AO WoW 2.0 with seasonal Tiers etc. and incremental level increases. Make new lines sure, but don't mess with the existing ones.

      I really hope this is not the same case for weapons as it's in stark contradiction to what was announced in your own video. I now regret having renewed my prem. for another year because I thought you weren't gonna pull these kinda shenanigans. Yet here we go. Fuck me