Zone Changes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Zone Changes

Hello!
      I've been playing for quite a while the game, settled in the black zone, done zvz, scout, SRD, GRD, static, HCE, map takeovers, etc etc.
      I'm not the most informed one but i feel that i know the game quite well.
      That being said, one of the things I would change is the how the zones work.

The way zones works are a bit of strange for me, i can understand the logic behind it but the lack of diversity between them makes me kinda sad.
      I think a more diverse range of tiers and rewards should be added to each zone color.
      Below is an example of how a more spread system would be.

------------------

Blue zones:
      Tier 3 to 5
      Safe zone.
      0 bonus to loot and fame (currently 25%)
      node quantity: 5
      Pick rate: 1 each cycle.

Explanation:
      By giving one more tier to the Blue zone will give a little more of room for people who actually don't want to do any kind of pvp content to play. That being said, the loot, fame and, pick rate node quantity were nerfed, because of the risk/reward factor. No risk = low reward.
      Node quantity is the amount of resources a node has in this zone.
      "Pick rate" could be the amount you get each cycle of trying to get a node or the speed you get them. So even in a T2 resource you would get 1 resource each cycle (now is 3) and the max for T2 nodes in this zone would be 5.

------------------

Yellow zones:
      Tier 4 to 6
      Can be knocked down by players, counts as killed, when knocked down loses 10% of all items and resources stacks (hides, stones, relics, runes, artifacts, etc), this is dropped as a bag.
      30sec bubble when 1 min passes and you get up. Equiped item don't drop but loses 20% of durability that is dropped as silver.

50% bonus to loot and fame (currently 35%)
      node quantity: 8
      Pick rate: 2 each cycle.

Explanation:
      Adding more tiers other than T5 for yellowzone would allow the players to spread a little more searching for better resources and better income.
      The current Yellowzone is almost the same as the Blue, no risk of losing anything and the same low reward. My idea is to introduce the PVP right here, not in the way it is currently that does not matter, but in a way that matters a little, but do not heavily punishes the newbies, so that people will learn how to play and how this game works early on, having a not so steep learning curve.
      Right now is: Happy and safe gathering/pve content -> instant death and lose everything when trying to get to a higher tier. This causes a lot of new players to leave the game frustated, that is because this transition doesn't really follow the risk/reward system that the game is based on.
      (Before saying anything else, I have to say that I loved the update that SBi did that when you get knocked down by mobs you don't lose stacks of items, because was very normal to lag a little bit, get hit by 1 or 2 skillshots and die, losing a few stacks of your loot that just vanished)
      By adding the knockdown + losing things to yellows and getting better rewards (gather faster, nodes have more resources, more fame/drop) people would start the feeling of the pvp without losing much, the people who would like to start pvp also could in this zones to get resources and items from people. It's better for the gankers and for the people being ganked.

Node quantity is the amount of resources a node has in this zone.
      "Pick rate" could be the amount you get each cycle of trying to get a node or the speed you get them. So even in a T3 resource you would get 2 resource each cycle (now is 3) and the max for T3 nodes in this zone would be 8.

------------------

Red zones:
      Tier 5 to 8
      Can be knocked down by players, counts as killed, when knocked down loses 30% of all items and resources stacks (hides, stones, relics, runes, artifacts, etc), this is dropped as a bag.
      30sec bubble when 1 min passes and you get up. Equiped item don't drop but loses 50% of durability that is dropped as silver.

100% bonus to loot and fame (currently 125%)
      node quantity: 12/9/6
      Pick rate: 3 each cycle.

Explanation:
      Following the Yellow zone changes, the tiers allow people to get to reds early and get the bonuses early aswell. The risk was reduced, since with this you won't lose everything but 30% of your item. But the reward was reduced a little for fame and silver, gatherers on the other hand got a little buff into the zone.

Node quantity is the amount of resources a node has in this zone, 12 for up to T6 nodes, 9 for T7 nodes, 6 for T8 nodes, this would still keep the current balance of resources on the market.
      "Pick rate" could be the amount you get each cycle of trying to get a node or the speed you get them. So a T5 resource you would get 3 resource each cycle (now is 1) and the max for T5 nodes in this zone would be 12 (now is 5).

-----------------

Black zones:
      Tier 3 to 8
      FULL PVP zone.
      200% bonus to loot and fame (currently 175%)
      node quantity: 24/20/16
      Pick rate: 4 each cycle.

Explanation:
      With all the previous changes, the royals would get a better feeling of a "tutorial" of the game, learning how the game works by progressing through each of the zones.
      Tier 3 up to 8 isn't really a must for how things would go, as the node quantity and pick rate would change, aswell as the bonus to loot and fame, to maintain T5 to T8 wouldn't be a problem, but I feel that people who want a more risk/reward even early on should have this access. Since the Queen update the blackzone is very big and spread, BZ may feel crowded but in reality is being very badly used, few people gathering, lots of gankers. Most resources would go to waste since most people are afraid to gather there (other than T7 and T8 resources), unless you have a Territory or a Hideout near your gathering spot.
      As things on royals got overall nerfed but way more spread through the island, the black zones on the other hand got a little love and got buffed, a little more loot and fame (with the nerf on the royals will feel a lot more though), the resources aswell are more worth to gather there. As more resources and better loot are present there, the risk also is bigger. More advanced ganking parties will almost always be present in this land, Since ganking into royals would give less income.

Node quantity is the amount of resources a node has in this zone, 24 for up to T6 nodes, 20 for T7 nodes, 16 for T8 nodes, this would still keep the current balance of resources on the market.
      "Pick rate" could be the amount you get each cycle of trying to get a node or the speed you get them. So a T4 resource you would get 4 resource each cycle (now is 2) and the max for T4 nodes in this zone would be 24 (now is 6).
      ------------------

The post was edited 8 times, last by hFly ().

• @Saryph
      That won't do. That would only benefit the pvp oriented players and enlarge the abyss that is the diff from pvpers and safers.
      And that would keep zones as they are, my point is to spread the zones and give them a more diverse feeling. Making it really matter to go from one zone to other but to fix the risk/reward that is veeery imbalanced right know.
    • I posted a treat similar to this like 8 months ago and eveyone in the comment section raged at me like crazy.. I was somewhat a new player so i thought there might be something i dont know. but turned out im not really the crazy one and it was before the queen update and in the queen update they made a lot of changes that were similar to this idea.. like switching some red zones to yellow adding hideouts for the black zone to be a bit more safe for players removing teretories from the red zones so they are not almost the same as the black zones.
      so they made a lot of changes but i still agree that they should make this changes.. i think they know this and with the new update there will be more diversity between the zones

i also think that the items, dungeons, gear and money earned should differ a lot more
      like t4 dungeon should'nt be so close to t8 by difficulty and t4 weapon shouldn't be so close to t8.3 by strenght
      i currently am able to do t8.3 solo dungeons with just 4.1 gear.. this shouldnt be a thing
      currently t8 flat item without any spec is 1100 ip.. it can be 2500 at least if the t4 flat is 700.. i know it can add a really big issue with the low tier zone pvp just because t8 geared players will dominate low tier zones but there can be a soft ip cap like in hellgates like if you have 2500ip it will decrease to 1600 or even 1200 in t4 zone and it can be 2500 when you are in t8 zone. you will get a lot more money and loot when farming in t8 zones compared to t4.. for example if the mob gives 40 silver in t4 in t8 it should be 4000.. so the higher risk you take the higher reward you get.
      I'm sure this will make the pve contend a lot more contested and a lot more interesting..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Narrek ().

• @Narrek
      I liked your idea to change the IP system aswell, to spread a little more the diffs. I agree that the reward system is veeeery bad as it is and unless you fame farm a lot you don't feel much diff into the dungeons. Sometimes if my internet lags and I take 2 or 3 spells from a T4 or T5 boss i die, but if i dodge everything i can solo T8 no prob aswell.
      I also posted a Loot overhaul idea of mine. Check it out!
      forum.albiononline.com/index.p…t-changes/?postID=1044295
    • @Balarick

I did read the thread, but the things that we are suggesting are different.
      I'm suggesting to overhaul how the zones work to differ them more, without adding any more but by using what we already have, and giving a new face, making the scale between zones more meaningful, be it for gankers, gatherers, merchants or PVErs (adding risk/reward scale early on) and by adding more tiers for the colors (not like, up to T4 is blue, T5 is yellow, T6 and T7 are red and blacks go from T5 to T8).
      That would result on you even in a Yellow Zone have to be worried about dungeon dives, cause you may not lose much, but 10% is something for new players, you may lose "your dungeon" in the middle and if you keep trying to get up and fight for "your dungeon" you may lose even more, this way you can learn how the game works early on and then we wouldn't have that many people starting the game and leaving after 1 week, people would learn since the beginning that you have a few options, bring anti-dive gear, bring escape gear or try to win dungeons by clearing speed.

The same goes for merchants and gatherers, you would get more resources but you could lose them more easily.

The post was edited 2 times, last by hFly ().

• New

yea haha i mean whats the point of flagging in yellow zone.. apart from knocking people to reds and killing them when they are afk (which is bannable from what i've heard)
      i think thats a genius idea to knock someone and get 10% of his invertory in yz just because flagging there is one of the most useless things in the game
      i mean id suggest some changes like dying in red you die and respawn in the city with 50% or something items and gear with 50% durability. and there might be some issues with the player based market system since not so many items would trash anymore. And some issues with the fact that in yz if you dont have items in your invertory you wont lose anything so everyone will run with an empty invertory.
      but im sure with some tweaks it can be figured out.
    • New

Yep, even though I do most of my stuff into the Blackzone nowdays, I feel that took way too much time for me to learn the game because there was no learning curve.
      One day you are safe and its everything alright, next day you step into the red/black to try to grab a T6 resource or harder dungeon and you lose everything from divers or pks on the way.

I was also thinking of adding a respawn condition with your items but I don't feel that this would go too well with all the changes.
      Although i'm way more into gathering and PVE than ganking, I also feel that we shouldn't take all the candy from them you know?
      By being knocked down and still needing to run you give more chances to the gankers to try to get more resources from their prey, but also give a better chance for people being ganked to try to improve, to learn when to back down and when to push foward. Also dumb people would still get heavily punished but this is to be expected, you know what dumb people have that we don't? They have to be ganked xD

I also added a few explanations and gave the post a new look :D

The post was edited 1 time, last by hFly ().