A few things to make it harder for Trash Players

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A few things to make it harder for Trash Players

Since a lot of players manipulate the Blue/Red Mechanics to get easy kills, with little chance of losing the loot (talking about Red Zone - Yellow Zone Border Portal Gankers here), I am tossing out these few things to make it harder for them.

As always, sorry if someone posted this already, I did do a quick look to see if it was posted, and didn't find anything, so here goes:

1. If you are in Outlaw Status, you can't zone anywhere. So when the Gankers realize they aren't getting the easy kill they thought they were getting, they can't simply port to the Yellow Zone. I am not talking about the standard Combat Cooldown, I mean they can't zone until their Outlaw Status (3 minutes) is gone. No ducking into Yellow Zone, and no ducking into a nearby Dungeon.

2. Reds can't trade with Blues. Ever. Yes, because all the Portal Gank groups have a nearby Blue on an Ox that they hand the kill loot to. So unless another Red Gank Group comes by, that loot is safe. Also, the second they see more Reds on the map, they are going to zone the Loot Carrier into the Yellow Zone. If they can't trade with the Blue to begin with, that solves that problem. Reds can only trade with Reds.

3. Outlaw can't trade AT ALL. When their Outlaw status expires, they are free to trade with another Red, but not a Blue (as described in #2 above).

4. Reds not involved in the kill cannot loot the kill (even if they are partied with those who did). This will avoid a Non-Outlaw Red getting the loot and porting safely to Yellow Zone.

Also, if you hate those pesky Red Zone - Yellow Zone Border Portal Gankers, see my post here on a nice trick to avoid them:

forum.albiononline.com/index.p…%2Bprevention#post1038585
    • this is the most cancer thing on the game. Every red~yellow portal has a group of 4~8 people with full cc builds that you just can't run.

But some changes that you discribe doesn't make sense at all.

My changes will be: outlaw can't change zone type. If he try to zone from red to yellow, he can't.
      And all the group get outlaw (i do not know if all the group gets or only the killer, i am full solo player).
    • DaarioNaharis wrote:

this is the most cancer thing on the game. Every red~yellow portal has a group of 4~8 people with full cc builds that you just can't run.

But some changes that you discribe doesn't make sense at all.

My changes will be: outlaw can't change zone type. If he try to zone from red to yellow, he can't.
      And all the group get outlaw (i do not know if all the group gets or only the killer, i am full solo player).
      I appreciate the reply. Can you tell me what about my suggestion makes no sense? I can try to explain more. Sometimes when I post, I assume people know the full mechanics of what I am referring to, so perhaps I can be more detailed. But what you described for a solution is basically what I said in my #1.

I will try to be more detailed in the rest.

2. Right now, these Gankers are killing and looting, then running over to their blue friend who is sitting on an Ox, and handing that person the loot. If a Red can no longer trade with a Blue, this can't happen. The restriction on the Killer porting out isn't enough, if he can simply hand his items to his blue friend.

3. Adding a restriction where a Red can't give his items to a Blue also isn't quite enough. Because he can hand it to his Non-Outlaw red friend who won't have porting restriction. So this has to be addressed too.

4. Even the previous 3 can be worked around. Someone who is red but not involved in the kill can loot the corpse and zone out. So we need to change the mechanic so he cannot do this.

Some notes:
      Criminal = Red Character (he or she turned red but hasn't done anything wrong yet, for example, attack someone)
      Outlaw = Red Character who has attacked an Innocent Player within the last 3 minutes.

Happy to answer any questions you have.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Blenfjorn ().

• This is also a problem at many exits in the BZ. Gankers simply camp these areas since players are forced to use exits to travel because of tile design. I think they should add the bubble area to all exits to avoid this crap style of game play. There is no strategy or skill involved since players have no choice but to use the narrow exits to travel. I also agree with the ops specific points.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tabor ().

• It is hard to work around the situation you put, he needs a friend to trade itens to get safe, you will have to restrict trade, but if the friend loot the body? you will block this also? I don't think it's a good way to follow. Only my suggestion (your first) i think will be enough, because the actual state is, when a blue party come to fight against the PK's, they just enter the yellow zone, with a outlaw restriction, they will have to run in the reds, and it will give a lot of fight oportunities and more situations to pvp.
    • You have obviously seen these Portal Gankers before. They have the one blue player sitting on an Ox nearby. He is always there. They kill and hand the loot to that person (who also acts as a Scout, letting the killers know when someone is coming). So yes, the idea is to also block him from being able to trade with the Reds. The counter they will likely come up with is one of their friends, who is also red, will stay slightly off screen and not be involved in the kill, but do all the looting. Adding all 4 suggestions basically ties these people's hands and forces them to either stop doing what they are doing, or accept the risk. It will become easier for them to be counter-scammed. What do I mean by that? Send a guy on a Tier 3 Ox over to them as a sacrifice, then the big blue party comes over and wipes them. They lose everything, including what they got from their last few kills, because they couldn't pass that loot off to their blue friend. Now being a Portal Ganker isn't so fun anymore, is it? That's why impalement all 4 of these suggestions. It basically ends this practice as we know it.