Question on Tanking

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• For PVE go Incubus mace, shield, guardian armor, soldier helmet, boots (soldier, hunter, assassin, guardian, cultist, whatever you prefer).
      You can also try 1h mace, it's easier to level up and better against divers.

For PVP it is a bit more complicated, you have more options in different trees.

ZVZ: Camlann mace, Grovekeeper, Soulscythe
      5v5: Blackmonk staff, heavy mace, greathammer, ironclad.
      2v2 it's not really a tank role, but you can go with 1h mace or quarterstaff.
    • Guardian Armor with Enfeeble Aura as active ability (taunt is very situational) and toughness and protective instinct as passive abilities
      Soldier Helmet with Block as active ability and toughness as passive
      Boots are optional but you can just run Guardian Boots with Giant as active ability and toughness as a passive.
      Your weapon of choice is a mace. You can use a regular mace. It's fine. Q = Threatening Smash W = Snare Charge (or Air Compressor once you get it unlocked).
      Sarcophagus or Caitiff Shield and you are set.
      Bridgewatch Cape is the one you want for tanking.

Don't expect much in PvP with this build though. Your job would be to catch the opponents and keep them CCed. You do next to no damage. :)
    • Love that when ppl dont even know how to play as tank when they are in game like few month. The Best for Power gamming and taking always big pull its inku mace, totem for hp, assasin Hood, Guardian ARM, royal boots. If u want more information about how to play u can pm me in game or Come to my guild dc. Greeting, ps. Its for pve btw

The post was edited 1 time, last by Maljashif ().

• The best wapons for PvE tanking in blue dung:
      Incubus mace and black monk for me.
      1) interrupts
      2) help making dmg (E spels)
      3) decrease dmg from mobs

Chose 1 from this 2 its depend lvl dung/ your party composition
      High lvl dungs with good DPS party icubus mace
      middle lvl dungs and smaller party both are perfect

But rest of tank build its about lvl of PvE and team composition.

For Tank the best weapon its head and calculation. How strong its my team/how much dps/ how fast we can kill mobs/how good healer I have etc.

Maljashif wrote:

Love that when ppl dont even know how to play as tank when they are in game like few month. The Best for Power gamming and taking always big pull its inku mace, totem for hp, assasin Hood, Guardian ARM, royal boots. If u want more information about how to play u can pm me in game or Come to my guild dc. Greeting, ps. Its for pve btw
      You must remember that question was starting points not power gaming.
      How to play as tank depend what team do you have and what activity you make. :P

I love be tank I played most of tank weapons
      hammers 398 spec in line
      maces about 370 spec in line
      quaterstafs about 350 spec in line
      arcane over 300 spec in line (like support or troll tank if necessary ;) )