PVP Light Crossbow vs Boltcasters vs Warbow vs Normal Bow

• PVP Light Crossbow vs Boltcasters vs Warbow vs Normal Bow

Im a new Albion player doing mostly PVE solo dungeons with my greateaxe build, Im now planning to transition to PVP(Ganking, Solo, 2v2s) and is looking for new builds. Narrowed down my playstyle to those 4 weapons. Which one is better?
    • Depends on the situation and your skills.

Warbow is the most versatile of the four, it's good for Solo and small group PvP and ganking. It has decent solo dungeon clear speed, not as good as greataxe. But requires accuracy hitting skill shots and has the highest skill cap.
      Bow has insane DPS potential, but is hard countered with purge, reflect and stealth. Is not very good for solo ganking due to the wind up time, your target would have run away by the time your damage ramps up.
      Light xbow is good for PvP and PvE but requires a decent amount of spec before you start noticing decent damage. It also lacks mobility and stun/root making it hard to secure kills with escaping targets.
      Boltcasters work well even without spec and are pretty good for PvP, not very great for PvE as it lacks AoE and as other crossbows it lacks mobility/CC.

Both the crossbows are easier to play as you don't need to aim or worry about damage stacks, but due to the lack of mobility/CC they are hard to gank with.

My personal choice is the Warbow, as it just fits a lot more situations and feels so satisfying to land skillshots.

The post was edited 3 times, last by MekaDeth ().

• Maxi wrote:

Im a new Albion player doing mostly PVE solo dungeons with my greateaxe build, Im now planning to transition to PVP(Ganking, Solo, 2v2s) and is looking for new builds. Narrowed down my playstyle to those 4 weapons. Which one is better?
      regarding to recent NDA notes Ray of Light bows W would be hard nerfed
      I recommend you to look on heavy crossbow
      It has good dps, nice kite potential, decent range , some cc and it could be successfully used for 1v1 and 1vX pvp
    • kheeta wrote:

Maxi wrote:

regarding to recent NDA notes Ray of Light bows W would be hard nerfedI recommend you to look on heavy crossbow
      It has good dps, nice kite potential, decent range , some cc and it could be successfully used for 1v1 and 1vX pvp
      Why the hell are they nerfing ray of light? That puts it out of sync with warbow e. Now everyone will be using frost shot.
    • MekaDeth wrote:

kheeta wrote:

Maxi wrote:

regarding to recent NDA notes Ray of Light bows W would be hard nerfedI recommend you to look on heavy crossbowIt has good dps, nice kite potential, decent range , some cc and it could be successfully used for 1v1 and 1vX pvp
      Why the hell are they nerfing ray of light? That puts it out of sync with warbow e. Now everyone will be using frost shot.
      Frost shot is being nerfed also along with the warbow's E, might as well go crossbow since warbow will be from an okay weapon to completly useless
    • kheeta wrote:

Maxi wrote:

regarding to recent NDA notes Ray of Light bows W would be hard nerfedI recommend you to look on heavy crossbow
      Hello,

I am in almost the exact same boat, and have been recently working on Bows. Can anyone link me the info to these NDA notes? I would really like to see a full list of notes before decided on my next weapon tree
    • Liamgamerr wrote:

kheeta wrote:

Maxi wrote:

regarding to recent NDA notes Ray of Light bows W would be hard nerfedI recommend you to look on heavy crossbowIt has good dps, nice kite potential, decent range , some cc and it could be successfully used for 1v1 and 1vX pvp
      Hello,
      I am in almost the exact same boat, and have been recently working on Bows. Can anyone link me the info to these NDA notes? I would really like to see a full list of notes before decided on my next weapon tree
      NDA Balance Playtests