Bows

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bows are great for PvE (Bow, Badon, Longbow) and the Warbow build is used a lot for PvP. Warbow has both mobility and damage, it works the best in openworld and in hands of a skilled player it can counter almost any build or playstyle.
      Normal Bow at higher spec is one the best single target PvE weapons and can be used in PvP as well.
      Bows don't need any major changes in my opinion.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pawney ().

• Pawney wrote:

Bows are great for PvE (Bow, Badon, Longbow) and the Warbow build is used a lot for PvP. Warbow has both mobility and damage, it works the best in openworld and in hands of a skilled player it can counter almost any build or playstyle.
      Normal Bow at higher spec is one the best single target PvE weapons and can be used in PvP as well.
      Bows don't need any major changes in my opinion.
      I can only disagree with your opinion. Bow actually need some major changes/rework.

- PVE wise they are actually average exept Badon (using Bow/longbow for PvE you pretty much prefer to go frost staff or crossbow. You just outdps them by a landslide). No reason to take them exept Badon or going for very casual gameplay (again this is the only exeption).
      - Normal bow is unhealty in his current state. It's either OP or it's garbage. There is no middle ground possible. Why's that? The insane AS, damage and pierce it provides makes him completely broken but it become one of the most garbage weapon because purge is overused everywhere and hunterhood is the new "fuck-off dps" helm and also overused. In short, you take a fight => does the ennemy have purge/hunter hood? If yes, then F you are useless. If no then you won ez.
      - The current state of auto-based builds in general falls down to the disgusting standtime. SBI brings tools like morgana cape, AS passives, Hunter jacket with AS steroid but again because of standtime if you use it then you are a immobile machine turret that deals less damage than fire/frost staff.
      - No auto-attack based Q spell (when bow is the OG auto-attack weapon with both normal/wispering bow), also Multishot never used.
      - The fact that the 2 best spells aka frost shot and speed shot makes like the vast majority of usage in the w line is proof enough that the lack of balance in the W spell slot, that's a glarent issue if you ask me. Explosive shot is underwelming since the day they nerfed it because of zvz and speed shot has nothing to provide to get an edge of the other W spell. Mobility? frost shot, dps? explosive shot/ray of light. Utility? Ray of light/Frost shot. Also the standtime doesn't help speed shot and the fact that you need to hit something to get the buff (if i'm not mistaken it's the only spell doing that). Also since NDA will nerf both speed shot and ray of light just because of warbow 1v1 potential for corrupted dungeon (nerfing stuff that will almost do nothing to warbow but just hit everything else badly for no valid reason) just infuriates me the most. I've stated multiples times, if one specific weapon is too good, you have to aim on the E otherwise you just hit the other weapons that asked nothing. That's just a blatent example of pure lazyness from SBI.
      - Wispering bow is a bad version of normal bow, you just remove your auto-win condition with saving all the bad things (that comes from an 1.5 yo OTP whispering bow)
      - Wailing and longbow was the best zvz weapon when they added the consuption of explosive shot with spells but then they nerfed and now they lack of the oomph other zvz weapons has. No reason to use them when you have weeping repeater, brimstone, galatine, etc...

-The only thing that i can agree with you is with warbow. But it's sad to hit both frost shot and ray of light when you could just put way more standtime on magic arrow, tweak some scaling and also drastically increase the range when you get max damage (i believe when you e hit somebody @3m or 5m range you already have max damage, it makes no sense).

The post was edited 1 time, last by Owlsane ().

• so calculate, from nerfs I can't argue about, cause will balance for good or bad esta its ao with staff demo albion. what I meaning... Arrows with tier, yield like potions. What is a potion represent additional damage but with arrows, so craft then with ores, wood, leather with stacks doing 5%, 10%, 15% something in players economy power, doing some balance @ economy. Test about overpowered will be good.
      In additional, skills wasting arrows for example 60 arrows to cast Rain of Arrows.