Economical fairnes

• Economical fairnes

Economy is big part of albion , and it is sad to see how unfair it is , gatherers who risk they gear time and mental health to get some of thoose T6 / T7 / T8 resources make much less money then crafters who sit in safety of the city . My propposed change to this would be either making a tier 6,7,8 item in city impossible or additional tax ( this would be money sink ) , also hideouts should have a minumim range from portal zone buble , so you cannot reach it while in a buble

Guild islands , in my opinion there should be a minimum fame and players for each tier of guild island because people are creating accounts just to make guild on them and buy guild island because it is cheaper then regular island and you dont need premium , then they just make laborers on them for easy money ( again in save zone )

If you guys dissagree with me then explain it to me in feedback .

(sorry for my english not my first language and grammar was always the problem)
    • OP has solid points,

may personal take is if AO was going to drop a truely major update... like "relaunch" level update

I would either rework or remove islands 100% with it... they cause so many problems with the economy by the abuse of 1 player having X times 10 minutes time to play the game... or X times really well coded bot,

the bot really doesnt have to be that good... just needs to be able to maneuver a static landscape in order to harvest and replant....

its just infinite stuff, and laborers are boring and nearly useless, but because they exist they drive pricing thus are mandatory.
    • Yeah, no way.

That's not economical fairness at all. Crafters make more than you because they have invested far more than you. If you don't want to risk your gear, time and mental health stay in safe zones and start crafting.

It's so difficult for me to understand. If you are after financial gain and you see that your activity is not bringing you the silver you thought it would why do you keep doing it and ask for major changes in the game instead of changing the way you earn your silver?

Banning T6,7,8 in city markets or adding additional tax for whatever reason is only going to cause the prices for the items to skyrocket. This is going to affect the player base a lot more than it would affect crafters. Even if the marketing of those resources is forbidden, crafters can still get the resource they need in the city. Every building for refining materials allows you to upgrade your resource into a higher tier. Crafters have the money and they can do it but because they spend more silver, items are going to become more expensive so that suggestion makes the game harder for everyone.
      Life is Heaven & Hell is Living

The post was edited 2 times, last by Apotosariel ().

• Apotosariel wrote:

That's not economical fairness at all. Crafters make more than you because they have invested far more than you. If you don't want to risk your gear, time and mental health stay in safe zones and start crafting.

All i am saying there should be working risk vs reward vs time/money invested system

Apotosariel wrote:

Banning T6,7,8 in city markets or adding additional tax for whatever reason is only going to cause the prices for the items to skyrocket. This is going to affect the player base a lot more than it would affect crafters. Even if the marketing of those resources is forbidden, crafters can still get the resource they need in the city. Every building for refining materials allows you to upgrade your resource into a higher tier. Crafters have the money and they can do it but because they spend more silver, items are going to become more expensive so that suggestion makes the game harder for everyone.
      Well adding additional tax in cityes would not skyrocket prices , cartels just did that and nothink noticable happened to prices of items , because crafting in hideouts would still be an optinion a riskyer one but risk vs reward ( that is what i am trying to suggest ) and i am not trying to say anythink about marketing , my idea is that there would be either additional crafting tax for crafting high tier items or lesser rrr for thoose items while crafting
    • Lama88 wrote:

Apotosariel wrote:

All i am saying there should be working risk vs reward vs time/money invested system

There is a risk/reward/money invested.
      Is just that crafting requires money and gathering requires time.
      It's like black marketing, you see the price, thinks "Oh, i think i can make a profit with this", go back, buy a 2m gear and when u go back to sell in the BM the price is 500k now.
      Crafting and market are the same, sometimes u hit a jackpot and get loads of money, sometimes you get a little of return, sometimes u get a loss and sometimes u are fckd.

I actually have zero problems with crafting as it is, maybe avalonians are a little extreme high end like, who would get a avalonian t4 pickaxe other than a very wealthy player finacing a fellow newbie friend.
      But even this is being taken care of in next major patch.

/\ and I don't craft at all, gather a few stuff and sell in the highest price city but most of my income is from dungeons.
    • There are ways how people earn money, same as in real life.
      Most hard physical works, doesn't need any mind, to be done, so the money you gain, is less.
      Yet, what seperates the gap, is how people work, smart people invest their money, research the market, and make billions.

If you want to earn millions, go, do a research, and you will find something, which brings you the most money.
      The gatherers do not risk more than gankers. Gathering set is cheaper than the PVP set, the only expensive thing you got, is the mount.
      So by your logic, gatherers should have way, way less income than gankers (Sadly it's not like that).

Good luck!