All armor needs a rework.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• All armor needs a rework.

Does wearing a dress on a swordsman or bowman make sense to you? Because it sure as hell makes no sense to me. If I'm using melee weapons, I want to wear plate, but nope plate is for tanks only. I'm not sure how you're going to fix this mess SBI but something needs to be done about this cross dressing nonsense, it's fine if you're into that, but the rest of us should not be forced into wearing a dress just to fit into the meta.
    • mmmm it made me consider something...

I think armor could be reworked because they way we use it is actually odd...

The skills on armor are useful on weapons that do not match up... such as gally + cleric robe works well because the unpurgable W

My thought is it would have been better if the synergies matched up, instead of heavy, medium, and light armors

something like Melee, Ranged, Tank, Stationary, Mobile, Casting, Instant, Mana heavy, Mana light

just some ideas, then inside Melee having options of light, medium, and heavy that are specifically suited for Melee Weapons,
      Ranged Weapons, Tank Weapons, Mobile Weapons, ...etc
    • OK now im thinking on it even more... melee weapons in general work mostly bruiser like combat...

This is fine.. but we also have daggers.... im thinking bump the base DMG on Dagger and put in a Negative HP or resistance stat to make the function less bruiser like when using leather armor which suits melee well dagger + arti leather is just strong and not easy to kill... except specter cuz self harm
    • I am agree with u. Hate "dresses" or "rag". In all game i ever played always was melee warrior in armor (plate or lether). I seems out of sense for me too when i see warriors in "rags"..

I saw video with Robin Henkys. And saw there on his table Bolter (weapon of space marines). Seems he fan of warhammer.=) But i want ask him a question. Can heretic cultist wearing in "rags" easy kill astartes Terminator (wearing havy plate).? Or another armored warrior.? I dont think so, coz its madness.. I think its madness in real live (history) too.. Coz warriors and even bowmans was in armor (plate or lether), not in rags.. But in Albion he make new system. Where Terminator are clumsy meat. And "rag warrior" are super-armored and damage-dealing fighter...=)))
    • blappo wrote:

mmmm it made me consider something...

I think armor could be reworked because they way we use it is actually odd...

The skills on armor are useful on weapons that do not match up... such as gally + cleric robe works well because the unpurgable W

My thought is it would have been better if the synergies matched up, instead of heavy, medium, and light armors

something like Melee, Ranged, Tank, Stationary, Mobile, Casting, Instant, Mana heavy, Mana light

just some ideas, then inside Melee having options of light, medium, and heavy that are specifically suited for Melee Weapons,
      Ranged Weapons, Tank Weapons, Mobile Weapons, ...etc
      I always wondered why the "mage cowl" has the poison ability. Why the hell would a mage coat their weapon with poison when they have access to friggin magic? Poison is an assassin's too, Albion makes no sense.
    • Easy solution: Grant set bonuses if you are wearing all of one type. Further bonuses if you are wearing all of the same artifact type.

All plate: +% in damage reduction
      All cloth: +% heal/dmg dealt
      All leather: +% mixture of dmg reduction/dmg dealt
      All artifact: Additional +% of above

Lesser bonuses if you are wearing two of the same type.

People would still mix/match armor to reach meta but this would help people make more unique builds.
    • I do not see problem in a warrior using a robe.

A lot of abilites fits well with the other parts of the set.

i.e.:
      Guardian - very good build for tank.
      Soldier - very good build for fighters.
      --> between these builds, i will change only helmet, because the soldier helmet fit's best to tanks than fighters.

Assassin - very complete for assassins, mainly daggers users.
      Mercenary - very good for bruisers like axes and swords.
      Hunter - fits well for attack speed fighters, but the shoes have CC increase, with does not makes sense to attack speed builds at all.

Druid - fits well for healers or static mages
      Scholar - works well for fast casters that uses a lot of mana.
      Cleric - very defensive build, good for any mage/healer that exposes yourself.
      Cultist - fits well for warlocks, but works good with anything in general.

See, the proposal of the sets are fit, a fighter could use plate and get good figts with that. A bruiser could use leather and get benefits from it.

But why people do not combine sets? because of the activity that they want to do.

The real situation is that some spells fits well for some playstyle that do not combine sets, like gankers. Why a ganker will use soldier armor? soldier you need to take damage to work well, gankers mainly kill people that run from them, so the perfect match will be a lot of spells that, or keep the enemy stucked to you attack, or explode him with huge damage.

And a little problem is that some spells are very OP, that forces people to use it, like hunter hood. In a fast fight, a good 4s reflect could win the fight, or a mage robe could win the fight. There are OP skills that used in the right moment makes a lot of difference than a cleanse, for example (mercenary hood, very less used).

we need balancing.