Pin Global Chat by Default

• Pin Global Chat by Default

As Albion Online player nationality varies from around the globe, the lack of complete internationalization and localization feature affect the communication system in-game.

Currently the main pinned channel are the client language channel, which for most of player with no supported language are fell back to english channel. This is the reason on why so many people keep using their native language in the english channel.

There is global chat that is available that can be used for non-english speaking player. But it's hidden as player should manually customize their chat box to display global chat.

Hence, the global chat should be pinned by default either before or after the client language chat tab to minimalize the problem.
    • Is having 2 tabs, better or worse than simply having the default client chat tab show BOTH the client language AND global chat. Then if people don't want the global, they can opt out of it.

I think its better to show both to all players, and have them decide if they don't want to view global. Rather than having to manipulate their own tabs to find global at all.

My chat tabs are so mangled by now though, that I am not sure I completely remember the current initial settings.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Piddle wrote:

Is having 2 tabs, better or worse than simply having the default client chat tab show BOTH the client language AND global chat. Then if people don't want the global, they can opt out of it.

I think its better to show both to all players, and have them decide if they don't want to view global. Rather than having to manipulate their own tabs to find global at all.

My chat tabs are so mangled by now though, that I am not sure I completely remember the current initial settings.
      ah, didn't think of that. yes, i think it could be easier to just add global chat to the default client chat tab by default.

i also customized my chat box tab, but at some point it was reverted back just like when i started playing albion. that's why at first i think the dev could just add a new default tab to the chat box. but reading your comment, made me realize it's better to add it in the default tab.