What is your fellings about hunter jacket? UP?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What is your fellings about hunter jacket? UP?

Its ok, bad, dont know because you are not into basic atk builds?
      Well, to get an conclusion, i tested forge hammers, 1h dagger and trinity with hunter jacket and stalker jacket(t 4.2). My results were disappointing.
      Hunter jacket is an exclusive jacket for basic attack builds. So, it should inflict the highest dmg for basic attacks, right? Well.. this doesnt happen..
      With a lot of testing, stalker jacket inflicted more damage with forge hammers and trinity. And with 1h dagger deals almost the same dmg(miliseconds of difference in time-to-kill) compared with hunter jacket.
      And, stalker jacket is AoE. Its a versatile jacket. Hunter jacket is an exclusive jacket for auto attack(and one target).. It shouldnt give more?
      The only advantage hunter jacket has is the CD(30sec). But.. small fights ends less than 30sec.

So, what i propose is to buff the basic atk bonus. 20% isnt enough. Maybe 40 or 50% are.
      Dont agree? tell me why.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ViniColen ().

• Fusionbomb wrote:

Yes. I agree as well. The hunter jacket seems to be rather shallow and pedantic.

(it has niche uses)
      In many ways you are right.
      in the game there is such a thing as attack speed cap where some builds auto attack builds waste part of the 60% attack speed buff. most builds that to reach attack speed cap do not actualy need this jacket because of fear of being one shotted by reflect so they oped to run mage robe to counter that reflect or assassin jacket to make their ganks more successful in rare cases. also going hunter jacket leaves the user wide open to many diffrent effects which defensive power body armour migates. unless you got a team who will protect you fully you will most certainly die in open world
    • cloth is mostly a glass cannon in my opinion where you do not want to be touched. i think its balanced to an extent where it is good vs semi burst stuff where they have iceblock,everlasting spirit and purging shiled to wait out the other guys combo when perfectly timed but weak vs one shots's and super long fights

leather for me is mostly about AoE damage or ambush gear. mainly focused on Solo PVE and PVP and not mass ZvZ or group content viable in most cases in my opinion.

Plate stuff?
      decent all rounder for all content i guess but lacking abit on the damage side which is easily fixable with adding 100-500k to your weapon via runes/souls to fix the damage. example running t4 plate and t6.2 weapon would be equal to running t5 all cloth gear in my opinion at least

The post was edited 1 time, last by The_Support_God ().

• The_Support_God wrote:

cloth is mostly a glass cannon in my opinion where you do not want to be touched. i think its balanced to an extent where it is good vs semi burst stuff where they have iceblock,everlasting spirit and purging shiled to wait out the other guys combo when perfectly timed but weak vs one shots's and super long fights

leather for me is mostly about AoE damage or ambush gear. mainly focused on Solo PVE and PVP and not mass ZvZ or group content viable in most cases in my opinion.

Plate stuff?
      decent all rounder for all content i guess but lacking abit on the damage side which is easily fixable with adding 100-500k to your weapon via runes/souls to fix the damage. example running t4 plate and t6.2 weapon would be equal to running t5 all cloth gear in my opinion at least
      This understanding of PvP is potentially what we see in balance changes..

PvP is about builds not items.

Cloth has a damage multiplier that is high, very high on top with defence..

Take for example the beloved reflect cleric robe combo..

Some fire does a q or an E, you pop everlasting spirit and you reflect 45+ from cloth + 30 from everlasting while you take no damage

If you don't insta purge the reflect the fight is over

Reflect is so strong currently that purge is a must ..for all skills that cannot stop damage.. like fire.. like some frost..like cursed dot..and skull..boltcasters..etc..
      And the purge is again on cloth

Guardian helmet heal..just works best on cloth..as it has the best heal modifiers

Cloth has everything + the temporary defence and utility that builds need for pvp

Go play with soldier chest in 2 hg..u either get purged if u build stacks.. or people just focus u healer..while they ignore you as u do no damage..

Of course in the noob world it is good in pvp ..if all stack u up and u can damage and cc like a god..ya it is good.. but it assume u enemy is stupid

Take knight armor in pvp..i.laugh in my cloth about your damage..I use my guardian helmet to heal your crappy damage..

Of course..you can use capes that do damage of its own..but that can cloth, too

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().

• Hollywoodi wrote:

The_Support_God wrote:

cloth is mostly a glass cannon in my opinion where you do not want to be touched. i think its balanced to an extent where it is good vs semi burst stuff where they have iceblock,everlasting spirit and purging shiled to wait out the other guys combo when perfectly timed but weak vs one shots's and super long fights

Plate stuff?
      This understanding of PvP is potentially what we see in balance changes..
      PvP is about builds not items.

Cloth has a damage multiplier that is high, very high on top with defence..

Take for example the beloved reflect cleric robe combo..

Some fire does a q or an E, you pop everlasting spirit and you reflect 45+ from cloth + 30 from everlasting while you take no damage

If you don't insta purge the reflect the fight is over

Reflect is so strong currently that purge is a must ..for all skills that cannot stop damage.. like fire.. like some frost..like cursed dot..and skull..boltcasters..etc..
      And the purge is again on cloth

Guardian helmet heal..just works best on cloth..as it has the best heal modifiers

Cloth has everything + the temporary defence and utility that builds need for pvp

Go play with soldier chest in 2 hg..u either get purged if u build stacks.. or people just focus u healer..while they ignore you as u do no damage..

Of course in the noob world it is good in pvp ..if all stack u up and u can damage and cc like a god..ya it is good.. but it assume u enemy is stupid

Take knight armor in pvp..i.laugh in my cloth about your damage..I use my guardian helmet to heal your crappy damage..

Of course..you can use capes that do damage of its own..but that can cloth, too
      I completely agree with u. Cloth "armor" are better than lether or plate for all kind off weapon. The game's motto is - you can be anything you want. But for real if u want dmg+defence u take cloth. Nothing else. And this is very strange and funny to watch a huge muscular warrior man with great 2h weapon dressed in rag. Its illogically. Its stupid.. But this is the reality of Albion. I hope they make bonuses from the armor. Lether for warrior. Plate - hevy warrior. And rag - for mage and healers.. Rag are RAG - and even pungch must be sensitive or even deadly..=) What to say about heavy weapons vs rag..? But in world of albion hevy warrior loses to "RAG ARMOR GYS"..=))
    • ViniColen wrote:

Well, to get an conclusion, i tested forge hammers, 1h dagger and trinity with hunter jacket and stalker jacket(t 4.2). My results were disappointing.
      Hunter jacket is an exclusive jacket for basic attack builds. So, it should inflict the highest dmg for basic attacks, right? Well.. this doesnt happen..
      With a lot of testing, stalker jacket inflicted more damage with forge hammers and trinity. And with 1h dagger deals almost the same dmg(miliseconds of difference in time-to-kill) compared with hunter jacket.
      And, stalker jacket is AoE. Its a versatile jacket. Hunter jacket is an exclusive jacket for auto attack(and one target).. It shouldnt give more?
      The only advantage hunter jacket has is the CD(30sec). But.. small fights ends less than 30sec.

So, what i propose is to buff the basic atk bonus. 20% isnt enough. Maybe 40 or 50% are.
      Dont agree? tell me why.
      it needs a buff for sure, maybe more damage, atk speed bonus is okay.

what if it was say, 25-30% dmg, same attack speed bonus, and also made you unpurgable for the duration?

attack speed/cast speed builds are easily countered by say, mage robes, i think maintaining all your buffs would end up doing more for a fight than another 20% dmg that could be purged.
      generic signature
    • Dismadeus wrote:

ViniColen wrote:

Dont agree? tell me why.
      it needs a buff for sure, maybe more damage, atk speed bonus is okay.
      what if it was say, 25-30% dmg, same attack speed bonus, and also made you unpurgable for the duration?

attack speed/cast speed builds are easily countered by say, mage robes, i think maintaining all your buffs would end up doing more for a fight than another 20% dmg that could be purged.
      Yeah. I felt that too. ATK speed bonus is ok. And we have CAP for atk speed.
      Its very hard for us to make a fair buff. Every little change afect exponentially all other builds. All we can do is express our dissastifaction, and to try to show the problem. The real solution would be found by the devs.
      The problem is: Hunter jacket does not what it should do. Its buffs is not enough. Hunter jacket should be better for single target/basic atk, but stalker jacket does a better job(and its AoE).

And for those who dont know, hunter jacket buffs only your basic atk. If you are chasing high damage(with basic atk build), better not chose soldier armor, or any cloth. Better to chose something that will buff you basic atk, in specific. Is more like: instead of buffing all your damage(soldier armor, for example), hunter jacket will concentrate that buff to improve only your basic atk, because is the only thing that you will use with basic atk build. But..... but... who plays whith that type of build, have noticed hunter jacket isnt good enough for its purpose. This is so real that a versatile and AoE jacket(stalker jacket) is better for basick atk. This is so nonsense..
      But we can expect a CD raise if a buff comes.
    • Too much delicate do buff damage because if you buff it too much then every weapon can use that damage buff efficiently and better than any auto-attack weapons. (you lose the "exclusivity"

The attack speed is ok on slow AS auto-attack weapon but very bad on high AS auto-attack weapons (machine turret gameplay) so it's basically usable on forged hammers and spears.

What i would suggest to be a very good gear for ALL auto builds and stays exclusivr is this :

For 8 or 10s
      25% AS
      100% damage for auto attacks AND for any spell "on hit" with auto-attacks (every damage source procced by auto attacks)

That means for example wispering bow/nature staff gets undead arrow, explosive arrow and thorns buffed too.
      That also means 300%(310%) damage on auto-attacks for normal bow with his e fully charged
      That means 205% damage on auto-attacks for 3stacks spirit spear.

I just trowed some numbers. It might be too much but the concept is the most important atm. What do you guys think about it?
    • I wonder how disconnected you are

1h dagger on torch, hunter chest, assa head piece to refresh cd is one of the strongest builds in this game

If combined with CC of a quarter staff and silence it is today already game breaking in 2 hg or crystal

It is the cheapest & strongest dive build for SRD..

And you discuss to buff that.. seriously..
    • considering the fact that i know 1 hand dagger e cannot be purged like bow and spear. combine inherited mobility of daggers ya....... i can see why.
      i can see warbow dying to this if dagger can touch him and other ranged figthers and spell casters if they are not careful. dont see this build in open world much due to having no cc but see it once every 5-8 HGs on good days when there are dual dagger comps running around.

my eyes seem to focus more on those death givers then the 1 hand dagger till i realise i forgot pop reflect due to the 1 hand dagger. hunter jacket does not scare me one bit under any circumstances cause i normaly run mage robe and hunter hood for most of my builds (bow and fire staff)
    • Owlsane wrote:

Too much delicate do buff damage because if you buff it too much then every weapon can use that damage buff efficiently and better than any auto-attack weapons. (you lose the "exclusivity"

The attack speed is ok on slow AS auto-attack weapon but very bad on high AS auto-attack weapons (machine turret gameplay) so it's basically usable on forged hammers and spears.

What i would suggest to be a very good gear for ALL auto builds and stays exclusivr is this :

For 8 or 10s
      25% AS
      100% damage for auto attacks AND for any spell "on hit" with auto-attacks (every damage source procced by auto attacks)

That means for example wispering bow/nature staff gets undead arrow, explosive arrow and thorns buffed too.
      That also means 300%(310%) damage on auto-attacks for normal bow with his e fully charged
      That means 205% damage on auto-attacks for 3stacks spirit spear.

I just trowed some numbers. It might be too much but the concept is the most important atm. What do you guys think about it?
      Its good to see ppl really knowing that jacket is UP.

Aswering you, i dont think is too delicate to buff damage on that jacket, because the dmg buff is only for basic atk. Swords, axes, daggers(not 1h dagger) wont use hunter jacket, because they need to buff their "E". Its basic atk is almost nothing for them. So much better to use Assassin jacket, or Stalker jacket(even for basic atk build).
      I think we can mantain the atk speed buff in 60%. And to buff basic atk bonus.
      But of course, all we can do is "to think". What we need first of all is to get the attention of devs.

Hollywoodi wrote:

I wonder how disconnected you are

1h dagger on torch, hunter chest, assa head piece to refresh cd is one of the strongest builds in this game

If combined with CC of a quarter staff and silence it is today already game breaking in 2 hg or crystal

Man.. You are the only one that disagreed till now and are saying im "disconnected" lol. We arent speaking in combination, or 1h dagger. You are in the wrong thread bro. Try this one: "forum.albiononline.com/index.p…anded-dagger-overpowered/'"
      I told you my arguments and you just ignored. Go ahead, log in the test server, do some tests.
      Hunter jacket isnt good enough in the moment that a versatile and AoE jacket can deal more damage.
      Try using stalker jacket instead hunter jacket and do the comparation. Try others basics atk builds too. Its not just the 1h dagger that use hunter jacket.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ViniColen ().

• i managed to heal through someone with this build that had 200+ IP on me in srds.

its far from unbeatable, hurts yeah but like, learn to purge/kite. Its a build that kills people who are bad at this game verily easily, but skilled counter play trashes it.

melee in this game has big problems because stand time for auto attacks.

you cant purge dagger E no, but you can purge the stacks of the Q, any movement thats not guard boots, and hunter jacket.

so purge em and walk away from the E, GG daggers.

if were complaining about broken, lets complain about demon boots/undead cape get out of jail free card thats been abused for way too long now. you have to make some top tier plays to stop these guys ( root/remove invis as soon as undead pops, purge, then kill )

edit: quoted wrong dude sorry

Hollywoodi wrote:

I wonder how disconnected you are

generic signature