deathgivers too strong, it needs a nerf

• Axes are good in sustained damage comps. (+ fire and + great curse)

Deathgivers barely joined the meta, and only did it due to a small buff in Chain Slash, how can it be the strongest meele? It's an extremely mana starving weapon that depends on the active on plate armors (+ the survivability it provides) to even be viable, while swords have way better dps, mobility and utility.

It is just on par with the top weapons now.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Axes are good in sustained damage comps. (+ fire and + great curse)

Deathgivers barely joined the meta, and only did it due to a small buff in Chain Slash, how can it be the strongest meele? It's an extremely mana starving weapon that depends on the active on plate armors (+ the survivability it provides) to even be viable, while swords have way better dps, mobility and utility.

It is just on par with the top weapons now.
      deathgivers have much more burst damage. In terms of comparison, while claymore is like A tier, deathgivers are SS+, you don't see even one tryhard 5v5 comp without deathgivers, because it is broken.
      axe is dogshit btw, it's so easy to counter it while deathgivers don't have even one effective counter.
    • It can instant kill anyone even with high specs. If you do not have gig boots, res pot, cleric cowl you just die. Additionally you have no idea who the DGs is going to attack when going invis so often everyone essentially has to waste a preemptive defensive and his next E is up again in 20 seconds or less which equals death. The allowance to be invis so much thus avoiding damage as they do huge bursts and can invis again is what makes it most broken. Could use a CD increase since the big damage E does not require any real dangerous prep work to build stacks.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Tabor ().

• Well it is so easy to understand what happened..

People complaining they cannot do group content - pve with daggers cause they no AOE

SBI look at daggers, identify AOE skill and buff it - Chainslash

Issue: good pve help, but ignoring it is a pvp game

Resolution: accept dagger is non AOE pve tool and revert the chain slash change

On Top.. people gave feedback on testserver that Chainslash will be crazy for bloodletter & deathgiver..but somehow it wasn't heared
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Well it is so easy to understand what happened..

People complaining they cannot do group content - pve with daggers cause they no AOE

SBI look at daggers, identify AOE skill and buff it - Chainslash

Issue: good pve help, but ignoring it is a pvp game

Resolution: accept dagger is non AOE pve tool and revert the chain slash change

On Top.. people gave feedback on testserver that Chainslash will be crazy for bloodletter & deathgiver..but somehow it wasn't heared
      chain slash is OK
      Why ?
      Because it’s mid-tier skill with all daggers accepting deathgivers
      Only deathgivers should be reworked
      My proposition is to make dg E not scaling from dmg and resists modifiers
      Flat true dmg
      Problem of deathgivers is only in combo with stalker jacket
      That way we’ll keep daggers good in AOE ff but would manage dgivers OP
    • All of what you are saying is true, DGs can oneshot most of people. However more needs to be taken into consideration:

- Did you already think about all the time that a DG player spends without attacking? Taking into consideration damage over time, it's a very bad weapon, so it has a lot of single target burst (as Dagger Pair, for example, which can instantly one shot some1 if you don't use your defenses on point).
      - DGs have an high skill cap also, you can do a lot of damage but you need to know the combo correctly (again, similar to Dagger Pair, however the dmg is not in one go, but splitted in 3 instances). Btw, the combo is not as easy, as it seems for every1 that don't uses it.
      - Knowing the combo, allows any1 to easily evade the last burst of damage with some of the tools said before. Which renders the DGs player 20 seconds without doing anything, while waiting for his cd. If this happens repeatedly, the DG player can't do shit. And it's like, if you use 2 full sends on the healer to kill him, you spent ~50 sec just to kill one guy, while other DPS like Bow, Great Curse and such, can output way more damage in this time period.

Balancing wise, the weapon is (at least for me) super balanced. Any other meta DPS can output way more damage than DGs, but the DGs playstyle can ensure a win by killing the healer in one full send, while doing less damage overall. It's an high risk, high reward weapon. If you don't do your job, you are -1 in the team. So I don't see why people are blaming the weapon, when they can learn how to render the weapon useless for 20 sec.
    • omgitscm wrote:

All of what you are saying is true, DGs can oneshot most of people. However more needs to be taken into consideration:

- Did you already think about all the time that a DG player spends without attacking? Taking into consideration damage over time, it's a very bad weapon, so it has a lot of single target burst (as Dagger Pair, for example, which can instantly one shot some1 if you don't use your defenses on point).
      - DGs have an high skill cap also, you can do a lot of damage but you need to know the combo correctly (again, similar to Dagger Pair, however the dmg is not in one go, but splitted in 3 instances). Btw, the combo is not as easy, as it seems for every1 that don't uses it.
      - Knowing the combo, allows any1 to easily evade the last burst of damage with some of the tools said before. Which renders the DGs player 20 seconds without doing anything, while waiting for his cd. If this happens repeatedly, the DG player can't do shit. And it's like, if you use 2 full sends on the healer to kill him, you spent ~50 sec just to kill one guy, while other DPS like Bow, Great Curse and such, can output way more damage in this time period.

Balancing wise, the weapon is (at least for me) super balanced. Any other meta DPS can output way more damage than DGs, but the DGs playstyle can ensure a win by killing the healer in one full send, while doing less damage overall. It's an high risk, high reward weapon. If you don't do your job, you are -1 in the team. So I don't see why people are blaming the weapon, when they can learn how to render the weapon useless for 20 sec.
      it seems you are a deathgivers player :)
      I was running dgivers looong time ago in times when Stabber invented that build/play style and made it popular
      It was OP even without chain slash buff
      That was a 100% win build for 1v1 OW
      scenario
      I used to play it for nearly a year but was bored because it OPness
      And NOW with buffed W u say it’s balanced?
      U kidding me?
      It is broken like ...
      Even 1h spear or old cleric/graveguard builds where not SO OP

The post was edited 1 time, last by kheeta ().

• Deathgivers was always god tier weapon for 1v1, but needs skills. Now with chainslash buffed it's also very OP on 5v5 and 2v2. But the real problem its the E, it's hard to count something that gives you invisibility after a high damage. Even with stalker hood it's hard, because E it's a DASH, so you can use stalker hood and the DG could be far from range. I really don't know how to counter play a good deathgivers.

These days i was using DG on arenas with a higher win rate.
    • PaladinJavier wrote:

I don't think deathgivers are OP. Youtube videos are almost 400/400 in specs so I see no problem when they stomp tier 4 -5 players. Same happened with one handed spear, remember. Change death givers by double dagger and Will be one shot.
      I have no problem with daggers being dominant 1 v 1 : thats what It was Made for.
      You don’t understand
      If two 400/400 same skillful players fight in open world and one of them is deathgivers- chance to win is something like 5%
      It’s rly rly hard to counter this weapon
      There’s no more weapons in this game that are so hard to outplay
    • I'll watch your ass try to win against a top tier frost player. Same issue as deathgivers, you'll die because it has high dps in burst. you can only prevent 1 out of 2 burst from a frost and a frost doesnt need both, it only need 1 to kill you. Deathgivers is one of the rare high skillcap weapons in this game. The amount of shitters that i've killed that tried to use them is hilarious. Most of those players trying to use them is due to youtube comp from players like Flaccid.
      Deathgivers aren't that good if there's any type of interrupt that can be done and even when invisible, they can still die to aoe from huge damage from fire and frost. It is a non issue. The issue is you are facing better players while using a high skill cap weapon while being trash at it. Or on the contrary, facing good deathgivers players while you aren't that good with your own main build.

Though, i am not sure if chainslash change was the right way to buff all daggers for pve. They literally could have made it to have increased damaged against mobs only tbh, there's so many weapons in the game with damage modifiers linked to pve and with another one for pvp that it would have made sense to bufff the pve that way since the pvp with daggers never really was an issue (apart if you have lots of difficulty learning a combo and can't master one of the combo's from some of those weapons).