deathgivers too strong, it needs a nerf

• This forum is so funny hahaha. Always same thing. People claims that something is OP. Everyone using that weapon. Then ppl that likes these build come to cry, begging to not nerf it. This happened before(cleric robe+graveguard helm), cultist robe too, and it will happen with DG, just wait xD. It doesnt match with the new content, that are looking for a fair x1.

Bro, everyone is using that. The win rate is one of the highest by far. And i need to listen ppl saying that whoever says it is OP are crying. lmao.
    • EuginiusBir wrote:

U died few times to deathgivers and now are here to rant about how op they are and how they should be nerfed.STOP THIS SHIT PEOPLE, That weapon needs nerf, this weapon needs nerf, that weapon over there needs nerf, Nerf nerf nerf. Stop this bullshit you idiots, just because YOU fucking suck and died to Deathgivers or some other weapon, it does not mean that its OP right from the start. Every single weapon is OP in the right hands, hell I even saw an arcane staff player win 1 v2, 1v3. Daggers are supposed to be good in 1v1 pvp, ok.. maybe not good.. no.. they need to be the BEST in 1v1 pvp, thats their purpose, HIGHEST AMOUNT OF DAMAGE IN SHORTEST AMOUNT OF TIME. Stop ruining this game with your cryieng and griefing, this is a fucking FULL LOOT PVP game ! If your fragile little heart cant handle being killed 100 times a day, then go play ESO or even better, minecraft. Fu****g idiots.
      Btw, I dont even play Deathgivers and I have died a lot to them and I killed a few of them. How ? Hunter hood, time it right and they one shot themselves. There u go, problem solved.. but noo, its better to nerf something than to change ur gear or play style. Its always much easier pointing fingers at others, whilst not looking at ur own mistakes.
      Lastly, everytime u die, its ur fault. Thats the mindset i play this game with, and that mind state, made me see my mistakes and adapt, now even when 10 guys chase after me and unmount me they still cant kill me, unless I want to engange them. Stop with ur bullshit.
      Your problem is... you’re just a newbie
      Don’t think if you killed some bad dgivers that whole weapon is OKish and easy to kill
      You just find even more newbie than you are
      We are talking about pro high tier skill players only
      And if we compare pro dgivers player with any other build skillful player - dgivers have 90% win chance the only exception are straight duel builds with a lot of sustain
      That’s mean OP
      When dgivers know exactly what to do and when - there’s no chances to catch his burst with defensives
    • There's 4 problems.

1. People make threads on this forum and no SBI dev gets on the thread with a reply, likely it will get moved to 'Forum Banter' with no changes made to the game.

2. People don't think objectively when they ask for nerfs. They want the weapon/armor they want to use to be made more viable, and the people who would be screwed over by that weapon/armor being improved will get on the thread and throw counter-apologetics. Or, people want the weapon/armor they have difficulty countering to be made less viable. Then the people who would be screwed over by that adjustment get on the thread and throw counter-apologetics. It's all subjective, and too much bias is behind people's request for changes and people's defending of keeping the item unchanged.

3. If SBI's main priority is NOT to have every weapon/armor balanced and viable, then requesting changes that would make some weapon/armor more balanced and viable or less viable is pointless, because it isn't SBI's main concern or intention.

4. There are weapons/armors that are so much more effective than others in the same destiny board classification that they will sell for 10x the amount another weapon/armor will. Not because of their tier, quality or enchantment, but purely because its abilities place it firmly into a tried and tested meta build. That is a fact, and as long as that remains a fact there is no point in making this kind of thread. Accept the meta or don't complain on the forum.

You would be better off if you could actually speak to an SBI dev directly, but doing this on the forum is a waste of time. There are countless threads just like this and they end up in the forum's dustbin of banter.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ « bit.ly/pokerface-albion
    • There so many counters to death givers. Players just want to use cheap gear in 2v2, 5v5 hellgates. Don't complain when you're using 4.1 in a 5v5. There's so many counters to death giver 1v1. In 5v5 the deathgivers has to take time to load his attack up, so this gives your team significant time to make a push. People act like they've never seen a taproot, shield, guardian armor. Players go pure glass cannon builds in 4.1 and then complain about getting killed to fast by death givers. When you start reaching end-game 8.3 gear deathgivers is so weak.
      Youtube Tametheark
    • yiconomics wrote:

There so many counters to death givers. Players just want to use cheap gear in 2v2, 5v5 hellgates. Don't complain when you're using 4.1 in a 5v5. There's so many counters to death giver 1v1. In 5v5 the deathgivers has to take time to load his attack up, so this gives your team significant time to make a push. People act like they've never seen a taproot, shield, guardian armor. Players go pure glass cannon builds in 4.1 and then complain about getting killed to fast by death givers. When you start reaching end-game 8.3 gear deathgivers is so weak.
      r u serious? do you wanna win DG with guardian armor? 1v1? w you can reveal enemies for """5sec"""" and you have """"0% dmg bonus"""". To win DG you will need a serious dmg boost in a low time (to take advantage of the little time that u caught DG user visible). Ice cube and/or every invisibility possible would be crucial to win DG. The problem is, we cant build something to win ONE build.
      If taproot or guardian armor could win DG, it wouldnt be overused. The invisibility after its E is OP.
    • pinto wrote:

axes are dogshit btw

pinto wrote:

axe is dogshit btw, it's so easy to counter it while deathgivers don't have even one effective counter.

Idebenn wrote:

Daggers in general have been overbuffed. Not sure what "skill ceiling" you're talking about with so much instant, ranged, burst damage.
      timestamped at 08:40

(pre-chain slash buff, but still) also you said axes are shit ;)

/thread
    • Captainrussia wrote:

pinto wrote:

axe is dogshit btw, it's so easy to counter it while deathgivers don't have even one effective counter.

Idebenn wrote:

Daggers in general have been overbuffed. Not sure what "skill ceiling" you're talking about with so much instant, ranged, burst damage.

/thread
      I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that any DOT absolutely counters the crap out of invisibility in this game. Fire, Curse, and Axes should be able to deal with it just fine.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

pinto wrote:

axes are dogshit btw

pinto wrote:

Idebenn wrote:

/thread
      Where you been buddy :D <3
    • Acoustic wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

pinto wrote:

Idebenn wrote:

/thread
      I'm surprised nobody has mentioned that any DOT absolutely counters the crap out of invisibility in this game. Fire, Curse, and Axes should be able to deal with it just fine.
      Only in theory
      On practice you have no time to deal so much dmg to win
      While dgivers do its burst very fast
    • yiconomics wrote:

There so many counters to death givers. Players just want to use cheap gear in 2v2, 5v5 hellgates. Don't complain when you're using 4.1 in a 5v5. There's so many counters to death giver 1v1. In 5v5 the deathgivers has to take time to load his attack up, so this gives your team significant time to make a push. People act like they've never seen a taproot, shield, guardian armor. Players go pure glass cannon builds in 4.1 and then complain about getting killed to fast by death givers. When you start reaching end-game 8.3 gear deathgivers is so weak.
      Okay. You know how I can PROVE what you said is bullshit?

Here. And the following is purely for example, not necessarily my opinion.

"Deathgivers are shit! I can wreck them, all I need is a taproot, shield & guardian armor."

go

*smallprint*
      Taproot will give you high hp, but you'll still have defence based on the armor type you chose. Shield will give you more defence, but you'll still have hp based on whatever armor you choose. Guardian Armor will give you higher defence, but your damage output will be low. Considering you are fighting against a high dps opponent who is invisible for 90% of the fight, having slightly higher defence isn't necessarily enough.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ « bit.ly/pokerface-albion

The post was edited 1 time, last by PenguinSniper ().