One handed dagger overpowered

• # forced me to switch from merc jacket hunter hood in my all for 1 curse build to a mage robe hunter hood which is useless in PvE just to counter them
      and here the best part. 1 hand dagger can also run mage robe hunter hood just cause they do not need the hunter jacket in most situations or if they can get their hands on a great nature duo for that juicy shield they practically are unkillable in 5 man HGs
    • Koszatniczek wrote:

Ona hand dagger, hunter jacket, torch - you know what I mean. The fuckers who come and steal bosses from the dungeons, and heal up everything you throw at them. I'm at nearly 4k hp, all T8.3 MW and a normal quality 8.3 dagger has just downed me in like 3 seconds, all while staying at 100% hp himself.

First druid, now dagger - and you really fucking want to release 1v1 dungeons on us SBI? You do realize how will it end if there are classes that are virtually unkillable in 1v1?
      you just bad in this game
      You could counter 1h dagger burst builds just with one well known item or even just with force field on cloth helmet
      If you have 2 save skills in your build- dagger would never win you because you’ll just rotate 2 your saves+ sprint to counter his E
      Yes 1h is great in pve, but not even close to OP in 1v1 pvp
    • one handed dagger are very strong right now, but it's also very counterable. I think they need to balance for improve this diference.
      if you can hit the enemy, you destroy in 2~3 seconds. but if you can't, you lose so much health that it's impossible to come back to the fight. Maybe if they reduce half of the damage and REMOVE the max health reduce could be better for both.
    • DaarioNaharis wrote:

one handed dagger are very strong right now, but it's also very counterable. I think they need to balance for improve this diference.
      if you can hit the enemy, you destroy in 2~3 seconds. but if you can't, you lose so much health that it's impossible to come back to the fight. Maybe if they reduce half of the damage and REMOVE the max health reduce could be better for both.
      noway...no..never ever
      I’ll would RAPE with that dagger
      That E would be used just like mobility option
      That would be another 1h spear but with way higher sustain
      Imagine regular Run +30% more speed every 24 sec + Dash +5meters small dash on Q

The post was edited 1 time, last by kheeta ().

• Imagine talking about "op daggers" instead of going for bows in any solo content. Solo daggers are absolutely trash against any melee and ranged build if you aren't playing like a handicapped 1 legged dog.
      If 1h dagger activates it's e you activate any of your reflect actives they will kill themselves.
      You don't have any reflect actives? Run away for 5-8 seconds and engage once the e is run out. As soon as e runs out all they have is auto attack and their w skill that's it.
    • When I meet solo 1h dagger, I usually don't even change my helmet to hunter hood, I just use invisibility with assasin jacked. I don't remember ever losing vs 1h dagger.

I think that the problem for most beginners / or pure PvE players is the desire to have a perfect build for a fast farm and at the same time be good at small pvp. It's doesn't work that way. :D
      You have to choose, either you risk a poor PvP with a very good PvE or do a build that is able to defend itself but slower kills mobs.
    • Niefart wrote:

When I meet solo 1h dagger, I usually don't even change my helmet to hunter hood, I just use invisibility with assasin jacked. I don't remember ever losing vs 1h dagger.

I think that the problem for most beginners / or pure PvE players is the desire to have a perfect build for a fast farm and at the same time be good at small pvp. It's doesn't work that way. :D
      You have to choose, either you risk a poor PvP with a very good PvE or do a build that is able to defend itself but slower kills mobs.
      Or do like me, run a very fast clear speed in 4.1~6.0 and don't give a shit if you die, since you basically pays for the whole set in 1, max 2 dungeons.
    • The_Support_God wrote:

very funny as if you can run
      daggers has a mobility on Q on short cd and if they manage get in 1-2 autos they gain move speed. so unless you got a hard counter stop you are fked
      Hunter hood, assassins jacket(with a little evade first), reflect-w-spear, hellion hood, fiend robe, mage robe. stuffs like that can block 100% 1h dagger.
      Cleric robe, hellion shoes, W-reflect-sword. These can block partially.
    • gathering gear decent in running-no contest
      hunter hood. viable while dungeon farming / HG
      assassin jacket - only gankers use them/ noone else use them to dungeon farm/HG
      hellion hood- only bow use them
      fiend robe- rarely used most use cleric robe or mage robe. for HG and open world
      iceblock- most common mage helm

any other opinion semi decent or outright bad in pvp but most use them anyway for farm farms

basicaly a 1H dagger E forces you to pop a defense or else you have to run. most weapons do not give such a sense of danger when you use E unlike 1 hand dagger or daggers in general
    • The_Support_God wrote:

basicaly a 1H dagger E forces you to pop a defense or else you have to run. most weapons do not give such a sense of danger when you use E unlike 1 hand dagger or daggers in general
      No other weapon loses hp after activating its E.

Daggers are a weapon mainly for quickly killing individual targets, so their E must pose a threat to a single player. 1h dagger and a pair of daggers are just predictable and easy to counter, the real challenge in pvp are death givers and BL.BTW in the game there are other E forcing to activate defens skills, e.g. 1h Curse E. Skills E should be dangerous, just some are aimed at one goal, other AoE, which means that in 1v1 you don't feel them so much.

BTW im using Assa jacket in SRD. It helps to lose aggro when gankers come, and often redirect them to them which gives a big advantage. Additionally helps as a defensive and / or skill to escape. IMO for such universality can be paid for a little longer farm time.