Gathering - Chaining concept

• Gathering - Chaining concept

The idea is quite simple, taken from RPGs like Final Fantasy.

If a gatherer gets the same Tier and type of resource (say T5 stone, Granite) he will get a progressive increase in gathering yield.

For each 'tick' he gets, a bonus of 0.1% is applied, up to 100% (1000 ticks to max it out). Getting a different tier or resource type resets the counter, while enchant doesn't.

The result: People will be stimulated to focus on a single resource and tier, and will choose to change maps instead of gathering everything on their screen.

It promotes specialization and will, potentially, allow for more people gathering at the same time different resource / tiers.

If this proves to be enough incentive, up to 9 different gatherers can benefit from the same map without competition (even more if we consider competition)

Gathering has not been so fun lately, since the player base got a little too big, and i have been thinking about ways to improve it.

Fishing is not included in this since fishing is in an Ok situation. One can always find a place to fish, even high tier fish (except Salt Fishes, damn)

Thoughs about it?

ImaDoki

The post was edited 2 times, last by ImaDoki: Balancing the number of ticks needed ().

• With T8 gathering gear the maxium gathering yield that you can get is 205% (premium included). 70% from armor, shoes and hat, 20% from avalonian sickle, 15% from pork pie, 50% from destiny tree at max level, 50% from premium. I am personally not against buffing gatherers but wouldn't another 100% be too op? Especially for t4 resource grinders? I am one and I see how simple it is for me to abuse it.
      Life is Heaven & Hell is Living

The post was edited 2 times, last by Apotosariel ().

• Apotosariel wrote:

With T8 gathering gear the maxium gathering yield that you can get is 205% (premium included). 70% from armor, shoes and hat, 20% from avalonian sickle, 15% from pork pie, 50% from destiny tree at max level, 50% from premium. I am personally not against buffing gatherers but wouldn't another 100% be too op? Especially for t4 resource grinders? I am one and I see how simple it is for me to abuse it.
      Not an abuse.

It's a trade. You will commit to, for example, T4 wood. You won't gather any T5, or T6, nor other resources available in the same map (leather and rocks, in case of forest biome). You will take 1000 ticks to max it, but can lose it instantly if you decide to gather that juicy 6.3.

Remember that the lock would be just tier and resource, so 4.1 and 4.2 wouldn't reset the counter.
    • how is it abuse if u can no longer gather any other resource type or tier? it would reduce prices in market with new mats being "created" but it stops you the individual from gathering any other resource or lose the buff.... so i could see it.. as to fill the buff with T8 mats you would need to clear many maps ignoring other valuable resources in order to get a full buff, then spend time finding even more it would be difficult really except for low tier mats, which are already underpriced
    • blappo wrote:

how is it abuse if u can no longer gather any other resource type or tier? it would reduce prices in market with new mats being "created" but it stops you the individual from gathering any other resource or lose the buff.... so i could see it.. as to fill the buff with T8 mats you would need to clear many maps ignoring other valuable resources in order to get a full buff, then spend time finding even more it would be difficult really except for low tier mats, which are already underpriced
      the interesting part is that more gatherers can explore the same map without fully depleting it (3 resources with 3 tiers in it = 9 different specialized gatheters without competition, or even more with competition).
      It also adds choice for gatherers. Be an all resources gatherer or a fully specialized one for max profit?
    • I only gather in blue zones and the only resource that is valuable is the t4 fiber. The part where I lose my stacks if I gather other type of resource doesn't apply to me. And I am not the only one doing this. When I was new to the game people were already doing it.

blappo wrote:

it stops you the individual from gathering any other resource or lose the buff.... so i could see it.. as to fill the buff with T8 mats you would need to clear many maps ignoring other valuable resources in order to get a full buff, then spend time finding even more it would be difficult really except for low tier mats, which are already underpriced
      Low tier resources are not underpriced. An hour ago someone bough my 9,8k hemp at 145 silver per piece in Bridgewatch. That price is reasonable I would even say it is a very good one.
      That buff is not going to help that much new players as much as it is going to help T8 gatherers. They have the speed and the knowledge of the location of every single node on the map.
      Adding gathering speed to that feature would help beginners a lot more. Anyone with T8 can't gather t4 resource any faster than they already do.
      Life is Heaven & Hell is Living

The post was edited 1 time, last by Apotosariel ().

• Apotosariel wrote:

I only gather in blue zones and the only resource that is valuable is the t4 fiber. The part where I lose my stacks if I gather other type of resource doesn't apply to me. And I am not the only one doing this. When I was new to the game people were already doing it.

blappo wrote:

it stops you the individual from gathering any other resource or lose the buff.... so i could see it.. as to fill the buff with T8 mats you would need to clear many maps ignoring other valuable resources in order to get a full buff, then spend time finding even more it would be difficult really except for low tier mats, which are already underpriced
      Low tier resources are not underpriced. An hour ago someone bough my 9,8k hemp at 145 silver per piece in Bridgewatch. That price is reasonable I would even say it is a very good one.That buff is not going to help that much new players as much as it is going to help T8 gatherers. They have the speed and the knowledge of the location of every single node on the map.
      Adding gathering speed to that feature would help beginners a lot more. Anyone with T8 can't gather t4 resource any faster than they already do.
      The idea requires the bonus to be good enough so that people skip other resources, and that gives an advantage to everyone.

Gather speed wouldn't make a person avoid a T8 of another resource, or even T6.

Bonus yield will give, in your case, +2 T4 fiber per tick (even if you have 0 spec). So a noob that would only get 2+1 (if premium) and sometimes 4+1 with the bonus 10% from T4 gathering gear would reach 110% bonus if max chained.
      And for high level gathering would make it an advantage to focus on a single resource (at max stack, you will get +27 T8 from big nodes, imagine extra 27 8.3 Marbles).
    • Its a good idea but a bit unbalanced. especially for the Quantity part. as it can cause a specific market such as low tier to crash from too much produce
      but as the same time crafters and gatherers would benefit greatly from the 100% gathering buff. allowing them to level their profession much easier

but the journal market would completely die as prices would be expected to drop by 25-35% for T5 and 20-25% for T6 and above

Let me change some of the numbers to make it more balanced

1000 Ticks that means gather resources 1k times for a T5 resource it means finding 200 nodes
      you will be hard pressed to find 200+ flat T5 nodes in a map

also finding 5.1 5.2 5.3 should be rewarding and not making people avoid them if not their value would be very unstable as a rare resource

one more thing to note:
      this will screw over black zone gathering as users can only carry 500-600+ resource per trip on armoured horse or equivalent and it takes 1 hour per gathering trip before you are full. not gathering enchanted resources make it very risky as you need to run around more just to find flat resources to continue your chain and before you know it you will be loaded not even reaching the coveted 1k ticks unless you want farm for hours on end
      also gatherers in general in my opinion at least black zone gatherers prefer gathering speed over quantity if possible. less time spent vulnerable the better that is why most people would master a single gathering node to get the +50% speed and +50% yield from the destiny board if possible

therefore i suggest the following

1000 Ticks maximum providing 50% gathering yield and 50% gathering speed
      first 250 ticks increases gathering speed (50% gather speed at 250 ticks)
      while gathering yield increases linearly through 1000 ticks (50% gather yield at 1000 ticks)

ticks carry over as long as you are gathering the same tier base resource (T5,5.1,5.2,5.3 will not break the chain)
      gathering enchanted resources grants more ticks (x.1 grants "2" x.2 grants "4" x.3 grants "8" ticks)
      You gain 4 ticks every minute if you have gathered at least once last 5 minutes. this buff last until you are 250 stacks

ticks carry over through different maps
      bonus is only available to gatherers who wear the full set
      ticks are lost when changing to combat gear or naked

this changes are so that beginner level players would feel rewarded and spend less time leveling up and older players would feel safer gathering in the blackzone

The post was edited 1 time, last by The_Support_God ().