Gathering protection

• Gathering protection

My suggestion is for the silver and drop like loot protection to be expanded on and put In place to include gathering resources. It’s just absolutely unfair people can just come up to what ever your gathering and take it from you especially frustrating when it’s of a higher rarity resource.... it’s like ok props to those who have achieved the millisecond gathering speed in whatever line, but that shouldn’t mean they’re also awarded the luxury of hindering everyone else’s process of moving up in their gathering ranks/lines... I brought this up to my guild mate and a great point he made about this that’s simple but would be perfect for gathering based specific loot protection would be to say across the screen similar to the silver loot message “this is currently being used” or “this is currently being gathered” make it so that once a player is gathering the resource node despite its quantity meter being full or otherwise they’re protected for the entire slow or fast duration it takes them to reap x amount of resources with the comfort of knowing any anyone else that thinks for sure they’ve got it in the bag even when they see you already on it like a full screen length away stopped and hopped off their mount entirely for no reason, orrrrr for those bully’s like that who continue to think it’s easy pickens make it so it despawns their mount entirely or something penalizing of that nature because the amount of times such an atrocity like this has taken place is for to many to count
      (Also to clarify after the protected player finishes gathering they do not get a timer of claiming the resource node them self like you get with loot drops or silver drops)
    • Well of course population plays a part In this as it does in plenty other aspects of the game.. but why use something that we the players have no control over as an excuse to undermine my suggestion, or deny it the possibility of It even being considered? What sense does it make then to allow small amounts a silver loot protection or mob/boss drops for that matter over exceptional and rare resource spawns... And killing them in the red or black zone is neat but all you had to say was “I hope this never sees the light of day in any update”

Borbarad wrote:

You can just go to red zone or black zone and kill them if you have issues with it.

This is the price of being in the safe zone - more people being there, more competition.
    • It´s a sandbox. If you saw someone gathering a node and you couldn´t gather it, maybe you would be salty over it.

Or the idea that you can just go and gather nodes faster than others to mess with them makes you feel good, to mess with them. It clearly works, for you made a topic about it.

People are rewarded with higher spec, higher tier - by being faster, having more resources. You want same treatment for nothing ? That´s not how things works anywhere. If you want advantage, work for it.

Hell, you already got advantage since you can just go to black zone or red zone and gather the stuff there - nothing prevents you from coming there.

I on the other hand consider it rather sad when people who aren´t completely new to the game remain at yellow and blue zones. That truly is sad - t8 people in yellow zones, oh damn boi
    • If someone is faster than you, you should not cross the finish line sooner just because you crossed the start line a few seconds earler.

Safe zones have higher competition. People with better gathering tiers and specs will have advantage. They worked hard for it. I'm not saying I don't understand your frustration, but this is Albion philosophy for you. Competition will always be a thing, and it should be a thing.

Go to black zones, take the risk, and you can get all the resources for yourself. Assuming you make it back alive. But that's just the game, it's content. :)
      Developer by day, gatherer by night.
    • Saying 'it is a sandbox game' is such a lousy excuse for being a scumbag. Just because you can does not mean you should!

If someone is chewing on a resource in blue zone and some scumbag comes over and snaps it away in a split second, that is just lousy behavior. Whether that looser with T8 tools and maxed out gathering skills running around in blue zone and griefing lower level players is compensating for a small penis or something has been missing from his childhood is not important. There is zero excuse for that kind of behavior.

I am not sure where I got this quote, but "Bad winner/poor sportsmanship is a lack of consideration for fairness, respect and fellowship with one's competitors. Often they are very poor loosers as well."

Whether someone wants to be a gentleman and let his fellow man finish the node he started should be up to the individual, but if someone starts chewing on a part/block and that would be protected then it would eliminate this kind of griefing and ensure a much better new player experience.

Sandbox MMOs draw scumbags with lousy sportsmanship like shit do flies; there is no changing that. But, just because you are sitting behind a screen in anonymity does not mean that the rules of normal courtesy and decency in interaction no longer exist.
    • I wouldn't object to this idea to be honest. I would be happy either way. I have been on the receiving end of that, but have also done it to others. So whatever is good for me.^^ If you're gathering in yellow zone you can always gather as a red and muscle someone off the node you want. Although you may end up getting attacked by 10 people and knocked out for 3 minutes, so that too has risks.
    • TSkebee wrote:

Whether someone wants to be a gentleman and let his fellow man finish the node he started should be up to the individual, but if someone starts chewing on a part/block and that would be protected then it would eliminate this kind of griefing and ensure a much better new player experience.
      I am not against that feature but it would change nothing. If a T8 wants to grief a new player, the newbie is going to get griefed. T8 players gather with lizards and bears, both move faster than an ox which is not galloping. They can simply walk in front of you and take it all before you have even reached it.

TSkebee wrote:

If someone is chewing on a resource in blue zone and some scumbag comes over and snaps it away in a split second, that is just lousy behavior. Whether that looser with T8 tools and maxed out gathering skills running around in blue zone and griefing lower level players is compensating for a small penis or something has been missing from his childhood is not important. There is zero excuse for that kind of behavior.
      What you are describing as scumbag behaviour is defined as self-interest by modern day societies. With that being said, because of the full PvP loot system in Albion, the idea of "steal from others to enrich yourself" is echoing throughout the entire game. New players are being thought that from the very beginning in blue zones.

TSkebee wrote:

I am not sure where I got this quote, but "Bad winner/poor sportsmanship is a lack of consideration for fairness, respect and fellowship with one's competitors. Often they are very poor loosers as well.
      Anyone with T6 or higher grinding in safe zone is a loser by default. Otherwise, they wouldn't be in a zone where no one can kill them. However, I would most definetely not consider them to be poor

@Suncharge
      Asking for gathering node protection is like T8 asking for loot protection in black zones. To you, 2 hemp is valuable so you come here and make this suggestion. To them mount + gear + stuff gathered is valuable. Some of them have hard time protecting all of this so they choose to take the easy way out. They start gathering in blue zones. The game's structure supports our playstyle. Crafters gives us millions with which we advance with gear, upgrade our buildings on the island, buy exotic animals. We are rich because of them. Player killers are the ones financing those crafters. They go in PvP zones, lose they gear, go to the market and buy new one. So basically if there is less PvP in the game, there would be less T8 gatherers in blue zones and more in black or red.
      Life is Heaven & Hell is Living
    • The most fascinating take away from this is that there are T8 gatherers leaving millions of silver on the table by wasting time gathering shit T3/T4 resources instead of high end. Even if you need those resources for your high end refining it is still way more efficient to just continue gathering high and buying the low.
    • Tabor wrote:

The most fascinating take away from this is that there are T8 gatherers leaving millions of silver on the table by wasting time gathering shit T3/T4 resources instead of high end. Even if you need those resources for your high end refining it is still way more efficient to just continue gathering high and buying the low.
      High end gatherers also enjoy to chill sometimes.
    • funny thing is if there is a Super rare case where low level resource like t4 enchanted very close to each other in a zone with many t3-t2 resource to fill the time gap and the market is lacking of said resource lets say stone at bridge watch
      which happen by the way at bridge watch when almost all the t2 and t4 stone/stone blocks got finished and prices rose to over 100/200 silver per stone/stone block and you so happen to be at martlock at the time and found 1 purple stone 1 blue stone 1 blue ore 3 green stone and 4 green ore with over 20+ nodes of t2-t4 along the way positioned such a way that you can make one loop and all the resource regens to full under 10-15 mins per loop you do
      ya.... i had a fun time with my t4 stone hammer and pickaxe. made 1+ mil under 1 hour that day until the resources switched rarity and position because i started harvesting when server almost maintainace time

# i may or may not have contributed to market manipulation when i buy a lot of stone/stone blocks and contributed to raising the price by 15 silver the day before and the day before that
      just because bridgewatch's stone refine rate

The post was edited 2 times, last by The_Support_God ().