Asia server, as a new map

• Asia server, as a new map

Hello,

I've play this game for a while last time but I stopped because of the constant 300+ ping in my game.
      I've also played Last Oasis where servers are connected as maps and regions.

I think this is a good idea to open servers connected to current server so we still able to trade and interact with players globally.
      I really hope devs will start to look at this suggestion and create a new map that is for asia and other regions, I think it will also solve many of the fps and map cap issues during wars.
      I really like the game and would love to come back, ping is the only issue left.
    • The reason why there is one server is that there aren't enough players from each separate regions that would make it as profitable to run region-specific servers. The game isn't very ping reliant, and while you can obviously feel it, limited part of the game gets unbearably difficult due to high ping. It could be also that your current ISP does not provide as good routing as from other places.

Give some vpn services like exitlag a try, see if it improves your ping significantly.
      Developer by day, gatherer by night.
    • itslikecsaki wrote:

The reason why there is one server is that there aren't enough players from each separate regions that would make it as profitable to run region-specific servers. The game isn't very ping reliant, and while you can obviously feel it, limited part of the game gets unbearably difficult due to high ping. It could be also that your current ISP does not provide as good routing as from other places.

Give some vpn services like exitlag a try, see if it improves your ping significantly.
      Agreed that separate servers would not make much sense since population would be affected greatly from region to region.

But...The game is quite ping reliant when you have skills that have effects that need to be timed correctly i.e sword parry skill that gives you 0.8 sec imm/reflect. With higher ping its near impossible to use it at correct time. With just small delay you can miss the skill shot with it. For higher ping users its near useless skill, for good ping players it can be best skill ever.

Using decent VPN service like exitlag will cut off about 30ms off but you are paying monthly subscription for it. If you are "new" or at mid game where you most likely pay for game premium $11.95 already it will cost you $6.50 per month extra. Basically it is the tax the non-NA players are forced to pay if you want to be competitive at endgame content and really have maximum form your game experience.
      Fair solution would be if SBI would integrate VPN like Exitlag or something into game client and would provide VPN service for free to non-NA players.
      "You cannot judge me. I am justice itself" - Tyrael, Diablo 3
    • itslikecsaki wrote:

The reason why there is one server is that there aren't enough players from each separate regions that would make it as profitable to run region-specific servers. The game isn't very ping reliant, and while you can obviously feel it, limited part of the game gets unbearably difficult due to high ping. It could be also that your current ISP does not provide as good routing as from other places.

I'm not too knowledgeable with how servers work but is it possible to open a server on the other side of the hemisphere? If I'm not mistaken, the server is located in the States? Opening at least 1 server in Europe/Asia could help reduce the ping more than a VPN (~30ms difference). Not to mention VPN's are an additional expense that some don't have the luxury to get (since it's monthly). I'm based in Asia, and on good days, the ping is 230-250. However, I noticed it spikes drastically during Expeditions (up to 1500-2000!!!!!!). It doesn't benefit me, I admit, but it's also unfair to those I do Expeditions with (esp if they have a ping below 100). And I really enjoy Expeditions. T^T

A lot of my friends used to play with me but they quit because they got tired of the ping spikes. I was just thinking that if they open at least 1 server for this half of the world, they could possibly interest more players and help out existing players not from the western hemisphere?

I'd really appreciate some feedback and maybe possible solutions to this problem? If not, I guess I'll just trudge through until my head explodes from frustration hahaha. (but I'm pretty patient so it'll be a while lol). Cheers!
    • Apart from better ISP and a good VPN, I don't think you can expect a lot of change. There simply aren't enough players for SBI to risk opening two servers and making one or both of them dead.

The meat and potato if the game is the players being out in the open. If you do solo pvp on black zones, you know you can walk for an hour and meet nobody (or only zergs). The game is just not designed in a way that makes it simple to split the population.
    • Hmm, okay I get the concept of it being open but it's just a difficult obstacle that others, like me, will have to overcome somehow. Just feels a little frustrating esp when I go to red zones to farm Tier 6-7 resources then the ping spikes to over 1000 (not kidding huhu). Literally looks like I'm minding my own business, just gathering, then the screen freezes/lags and a split second later I'm somehow dead. T^T. I even adjusted all my graphics to the lowest settings with no other programs opened.

Anyways, I still really enjoy the game but guess I just gotta minimize certain activities/abilities that need pretty good ping (like ping below 300 T^T haha). Thanks for the feedback
    • Playing on 130+ Ping probably would be fine since there's high level streamers that continues playing perfectly fine like that, but playing on a constant ping of 330+ ping in Singapore or SEA is kinda annoying and ruining the experience... If not why did I get spammed by Albion youtube ads in Singapore in the first place if they weren't planning on making one... Making an Asia server zone would be really helpful. Honestly.
    • Caasib wrote:

Any plans on increasing server amount? Only having one server during the rush hours of the day/night leaves me with a very laggy game and my husband can’t play because the lag kicks him every minute or so.
      If you read the thread, the short answer is no. There aren't enough players to sustain two servers, and no one wants two dead servers.

As for lag, try one of the lag reducing VPN services like Exitlag (there are more). There are free trials, see if it helps. It also matters what internet connection you have at your place, how close you are to your router.... etc