New item introduction and an end game reward for reputable players

• New item introduction and an end game reward for reputable players

Hello,

This is an updated version of my thread. If you want to check out the original, here is the link: i.imgur.com/e0TVtle.png

Avalonian stone
      • Item slot: Bag slot
      • How to obtain: You are required to have revered faction standing to be able to craft one. You can also buy it from the market.
      • Materials: Avalonian shards.
      • Advantages:
        • Stones from Thetford have healing ability and provide:
          • Max Hit Points
          • Max Energy
          • Energy regeneration
          • Healing Cast Bonus
        • Stones from Fort Sterling have armor buffing ability and provide:[/u][/b]
          • Armor
          • CC Resistance
          • Max Hit Points
          • Hitpoints regeneration
        • Stones from Lymhurst have magical ability and provide:[/b][/u]
          • Magical Attack Bonus
          • Magical Ability Bonus
          • Max Energy
          • Energy regeneration
        • Stones from Bridgewatch have physical ability and provide:[/b][/u]
          • Physical Attack Bonus
          • Physical Ability Bonus
          • Max Energy
          • Energy regeneration
        • Stones from Martlock have magical resistance buffing ability and provide:[/u][/b]
          • Magical resistance
          • CC Resistance
          • Max Hit Points
          • Hitpoints regeneration

• New rank: Exalted
        When a player reaches the repuation cap they become exalted by their goodness. Avalonian stones worn by exalted players have their abilities blessed by the avalonian gods. Their abilities are now team focused spells instead of being self-oriented or single targeted skills.

• Red zones in outlands: One red map for T5 and T6 resources and One red map for T7 & T8 resources
        In order for the feature to make sense, player killers in outlands' shouldn't be rewarded with a title of virtue. This is why red zones are being introduced. With the new avalonian roads coming up the possibily of exalted players ganking in black zones is removed as well.

• Penalty for killing an exalted player: -5 000 reputation.

Why I think it is balanced:
      Anyone that flags up can still kill you if they want to. But now they would think twice before killing someone in red zone. Their ability would lose its bonuses. Guilds that aim to win ZvZ would want elite squads of exalted players.

To sum up, the proposed concept is designed to make the reputation gain more rewarding and reputation loss more impactful for team players.

What are your thoughts?

Life is Heaven & Hell is Living

The post was edited 7 times, last by Apotosariel ().

• While proposed feature (item) seems too overpowered and step out of overall design, i like the idea of increasing rewards for beeing on positive side of reputation scale.

Increasing CC reduction bonus would be OP as well in my opinion. I guess adding small amount of damage reduction is an option. Not sure about numbers, but it seems like a decent reward to me.
    • Kind of the point of having end game reward @Worros. If people don't want it it has no value.
      But not everyone is going to have it since it would mean no more killing gatherers, ganging clueless players and camping roads. People like to do that a lot.
      People with positive reputation should be encouraged to be fighting the ones with negative instead of ganking newbies.

I know that the abilities are OP. They don't need to be so strong, I just wanted the people who read the thread to be left with the impression that the abilities are meant to be impactful because if they are not people will not be driven to get them. The abilities could be tuned down and the deactivation from the ZvZ, arena, and crystal battles removed. Players with courrupted spirits could have another ability instead of simply disabling the stone's ability.

This concept is just a fraction of my mind and the things I have thought about. Faction warehouse is an idea that came to me recently. Basically faction players with faction standing respected and above can receive silver equal the sum of the avr. price (in the city's market) for their lost gear (except mount) by the warehouse (it works when you've been killed by another faction player). The system is not generating that silver. It comes from people with revered faction standing. Why would people give their silver? It is something that they must do in order to keep their stone awakened. In its normal state the stone's abilities are self-oriented and not as strong. In its awakened state the abilities are as op as described above and people can use them everwhere including ZvZ.

I haven't gone into balance details regarding economy because I have no clue how much silver people that participate in ZvZ make. The idea is to give x amount of silver and then the faction NPC is going to put energy into your stone that it is going to keep it awaken for the next 7 days.

I want to point out to you that similar OP-ness in the game already exists. The only difference being is that it costs 100 million silver (Command mammoth). It has wide range knock back, it can boosts allies defences by 17%(50 in total with high command) and can increase their damage output by 20% (60% in total with high command). There are other battle mounts and they give other bonuses. These mounts are a must have for guilds that want to win.
    • This would be so overpowered...sure, make end game rewards for faction stuff, I think their factions should be more similar to Ultima Online's faction system and warfare which was wonderful at the time. The actual rewards you proposed here are utterly ridiculous. Imagine zvz with this...you stand there unable to be killed by anybody of opposing guild with positive reputation and you're able to buff the crap out of our completely heal a lot of people around you. It's a good idea to have end game faction rewards but not ones so overpowered as these. Maybe I misunderstood what you've said here, also you mention command mammoths as a reason for something like this but command mammoths can be killed by anyone even if it might be harder to do without ballistas with ballistas they melt.

Overall idea? cool though, more content the better imo.

The post was edited 2 times, last by ViLEuo ().

• Obviously there would be a change in the "I won't kill anyone with 0+ reputation so people can't attack me" rule if ZvZ is involved which is why I initially left it out. @ViLEuo
      And I still prefer it being left out because they already have battle mounts.
      Faction warehouse is an idea on which I haven't done much thinking on which is why is in the comment section and not a topic of a thread.

Faction flagging is PvP @Tabor

The post was edited 1 time, last by Apotosariel ().

• This idea would kill the risk vs reward system, Making an item that can be gained which gives you the ability to not be attacked for the same rewards for people who don't use that item isn't the design of this game. If a player that has a stone gathers all day because they have no risk for being killed because they cant be CC'd or even attacked vs the person who can be killed isnt a good system design. This stone would create the need for an alt with this stone just to beable to gather endless 8 mats with no risk, I understand what your trying to do but it kills the overall design albion is meant to be. Just because someone wants to play the game without the risk of being killed for the same t8 mats as everyone else. What im trying to say is you cannot have access to the same blackzone items/mats as everyone else while also getting the bonus of no CC or extra armor just because you dont want to kill players. The reason t8 mats are the price and the value of it is because to gather it you can be killed at any time. If anyone can just gather it with no risk or very low risk t8 becomes worthless becuase there is no risk to losing it all. This game value comes from players being able to kill you at any point. Thats what makes the game fun knowing you could get in a fight at any moment. Otherwise you might aswell play a single player game or WOW or something. Because albion is PVP based at is core. The reason albions player base markets and crafting works is because of that risk, That is why WOW makes there best armors dung drops, Because to get the best things ingame you have to RAID, in albion to get the best stuff you have to risk your gathering sets all the mats you already got and then get it to a safe zone to either craft and use it or craft to sell. If you can just do theses things for no risk it makes the value nothing and albions whole system would have to be changed to a non player driven ecomeny. To a system more like WOW with drops for the time put into running dungs. People don't seem to understand this about this game. The reason it is different is because of the pvp side.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Neef ().

• Thank you for being thorough @Neef

I am not trying to kill the game's risk vs reward system. I am trying to suggest content for solo players. Remember the corrupt dungeons? The bonus damage? Let's say you get 5% bonus damage for every -1000 reputation that you have. To make it more fair they could be give the passive ability "Blood rush". It enables you to pick up the scent of players who have passed by 5-10 mins ago in your area and the closer you get to them the faster you travel. I think this is more thrilling experience than sitting on a gate. Let's say the flat time given is 30mins but it goes up by 6 mins for every -1000 reputation. If you are dreaded nobody can win against you in a 1v1 even you are wearing tier 4 crap. I know that almost no one becomes dreaded since they want access to the other zones but player killers with -15k reputation can benefit greatly from a feature like this. Just like you said a lot of people are going to start gathering because they have the stone but they will never be safe in black zone because of the corrupted players hunting them down. If you are gathering solo you can be killed at any point. The way to survive a player killer is by travelling and gathering in a group. But everyone knows that more gatherers mean less profit for you. An alternative could be guards that you pay which again makes your profit smaller. When you are with people even if you get oneshotted the player killer cannot run away with his loot because your friends are gonna kill him. The bonus damage given by the demon is gone because the demon leaves you after the first kill you make.

The CC immunity was in red zone only and I don't mind it being nerfed. The whole idea is to make people want to be at -50k or be at 50k. I find it odd that you are expected to gank people in red zones, grind reputation and go back to ganking again. The other way would be ganking in black zones or going for hell gates. I see no other way for me to get PvP fame. I'd rather stop playing than gank other players. I have tried 2v2 hell gates but we repeatedly came across players with enhanced tier 7 gear in tier 5 map in black zone. It is a waste of time so I dropped it.

Neef wrote:

The reason albions player base markets and crafting works is because of that risk, That is why WOW makes there best armors dung drops, Because to get the best things ingame you have to RAID, in albion to get the best stuff you have to risk your gathering sets all the mats you already got and then get it to a safe zone to either craft and use it or craft to sell. If you can just do theses things for no risk it makes the value nothing and albions whole system would have to be changed to a non player driven ecomeny.
      I can craft tier 8.3 Divine Staff for myself right now if I want to and I have never stepped in a T8 zone. I simply reserve that silver for the upcoming avalonian weapons (cuz I already have T7.3) and I am focusing on maxing my cloth armor, helmet and shoes crafting. I have never come across a game with gathering yield as op as the on in Albion. I am a master grinder, I have been doing gahtering on a much worse systems. My first impression of this game was: "How is this free to play?" because the gathering system is an aspect of the game that has been well planed unlike 99% of the free to play games. Later I learned that albion was subscription based game upon its release. Anyways, since I don't like stress inducing situations I grind t4 resources. The lowest I make per hour when there are three to four t7-t8 harvesters on the map is 500k. And this is why I usually say that I make 500k per hour becuase the default state of the map is being overcrowded. But if I run across 4.3 hemp, from one flower I can gather 110-130 4.3 hemp until the enchant is over. At lymhurst each piece is sold at around 8k even more sometimes. That's 1million right there from a single exceptional hemp flower gathered in a blue zone. HCE is how I get my PvE fame. So at the end of the day in albion you can play without risk and still get to T8.3.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Apotosariel: Corrections ().

• Apotosariel wrote:

Thank you for being thorough @Neef

I am not trying to kill the game's risk vs reward system. I am trying to suggest content for solo players. Remember the corrupt dungeons? The bonus damage? Let's say you get 5% bonus damage for every -1000 reputation that you have. To make it more fair they could be give the passive ability "Blood rush". It enables you to pick up the scent of players who have passed by 5-10 mins ago in your area and the closer you get to them the faster you travel. I think this is more thrilling experience than sitting on a gate. Let's say the flat time given is 30mins but it goes up by 6 mins for every -1000 reputation. If you are dreaded nobody can win against you in a 1v1 even you are wearing tier 4 crap. I know that almost no one becomes dreaded since they want access to the other zones but player killers with -15k reputation can benefit greatly from a feature like this. Just like you said a lot of people are going to start gathering because they have the stone but they will never be safe in black zone because of the corrupted players hunting them down. If you are gathering solo you can be killed at any point. The way to survive a player killer is by travelling and gathering in a group. But everyone knows that more gatherers mean less profit for you. An alternative could be guards that you pay which again makes your profit smaller. When you are with people even if you get oneshotted the player killer cannot run away with his loot because your friends are gonna kill him. The bonus damage given by the demon is gone because the demon leaves you after the first kill you make.

The CC immunity was in red zone only and I don't mind it being nerfed. The whole idea is to make people want to be at -50k or be at 50k. I find it odd that you are expected to gank people in red zones, grind reputation and go back to ganking again. The other way would be ganking in black zones or going for hell gates. I see no other way for me to get PvP fame. I'd rather stop playing than gank other players. I have tried 2v2 hell gates but we repeatedly came across players with enhanced tier 7 gear in tier 5 map in black zone. It is a waste of time so I dropped it.

Neef wrote:

The reason albions player base markets and crafting works is because of that risk, That is why WOW makes there best armors dung drops, Because to get the best things ingame you have to RAID, in albion to get the best stuff you have to risk your gathering sets all the mats you already got and then get it to a safe zone to either craft and use it or craft to sell. If you can just do theses things for no risk it makes the value nothing and albions whole system would have to be changed to a non player driven ecomeny.
      I can craft tier 8.3 Divine Staff for myself right now if I want to and I have never stepped in a T8 zone. I simply reserve that silver for the upcoming avalonian weapons (cuz I already have T7.3) and I am focusing on maxing my cloth armor, helmet and shoes crafting. I have never come across a game with gathering yield as op as the on in Albion. I am a master grinder, I have been doing gahtering on a much worse systems. My first impression of this game was: "How is this free to play?" because the gathering system is an aspect of the game that has been well planed unlike 99% of the free to play games. Later I learned that albion was subscription based game upon its release. Anyways, since I don't like stress inducing situations I grind t4 resources. The lowest I make per hour when there are three to four t7-t8 harvesters on the map is 500k. And this is why I usually say that I make 500k per hour becuase the default state of the map is being overcrowded. But if I run across 4.3 hemp, from one flower I can gather 110-130 4.3 hemp until the enchant is over. At lymhurst each piece is sold at around 8k even more sometimes. That's 1million right there from a single exceptional hemp flower gathered in a blue zone. HCE is how I get my PvE fame. So at the end of the day in albion you can play without risk and still get to T8.3.
      What i dont understand is people trying to make albion into something it isn't, Albion is meant to be played with the risk of getting killed at any moment, There shouldnt be a stone that you can get that makes your odds better vs someone who kills people just because you don't want to pvp, So just because this guys wants to play albion how it was meant which is killing players meaning he cant have the stone and you can making the fight at the start 100% unfair because he cant CC you and your armor is much higher, This means you can almost always win straight off with no gear or skill required, The game isn't meant to be this way, Everyone in the blackzone is on fair grounds stat wise if wearing the same gear, Yes you can have more people with you but that doesn't have anything to do with stats or items. My point is the game is how it is don't try to make it more non-pvp because that isn't albion. Its meant to be a cold dark place out there alone. This stone will only create the need for alts that have that stone. Its totally not in the realm of something I could see working with the way albions systems work. The risk in the blackzone is what makes the things in the blackzone worth it. Putting in that stone will throw all that off and the ecomeny will crash. The current buff in red zones is good as it is with what 10% reduced dmg and something else not sure for being the highest rep and that only works there because there is no t7 or t8 mats in the royals and the fame is lower and the drops are lower then in the blackzone. The whole point of the blackzone is the risk vs reward and many people go out in the blackzone everyday not wanting to pvp and get things done weather its pve, gathering , looking for chests and other things. But there is that chance you could die, I spend most my time in the blackzone and I rarely die by people most the time I get what I'm doing done and all is good, But there is times I do die and its worth it because if i never died I would be flooding the markets with mats or items. The risk is needed or the system fails and buffing people who don't want to pvp isn't the answer ALBION is a pvp game at its core not weither you want to pvp or not thats your choice but don't try to kill the pvp side for everyone else because you don't want to pvp. Like i said play a game that isn't pvp based at its core like WOW.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Neef ().

• Neef wrote:

What i dont understand is people trying to make albion into something it isn't, Albion is meant to be played with the risk of getting killed at any moment,
      That's an incorrect statement. Albion Online is a fantasy sandbox game. The game is meant to be played in any and every way. Must do quests do not exist in blackzones. Players are not forced to put themselves in danger. If they want PvE fame they can do HCE. If they want silver they grind T4 resources. The demand will never disappear because to craft anything you need T4 resource. Currently the game has a lot of features which promote PvP activity. This is why you perceive it as a heavy PvP game.

PvP is a normal activity in every decent MMORPG. I cannot understand statements like this: "Like i said play a game that isn't pvp based at its core like WOW". You need to elaborate on that one
      In Albion you are not required to do PvP to progress. In the game every item that you wear has been crafted by a player. The ones who stay on top are the suppliers just like in real life. The special thing about Albion is that players have been gifted the oppurtunity to progress by killing other players thanks to the PvP loot system. I completely understand that it is a fundamental part of the game which is why I had proposed a counter measure agaist the stones so that the game remains true to itself.

I will not argue and debunk again the rest of your statements and theories about what would happen in your reply because it is a repition of what you already said.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Apotosariel ().