HG Rats

• Hold on Guys. With a little bit of luck, we will need just 3 extra years to DEFINITELY SOLVE rat issue in 2vs2, 5vs5.
      Meanwhile lets make a quick resume:
      There is a content which is supposed to be end-game (am i right?)
      2 teams are supposed to fight inside, and the winner gets the big prize (boss fame and loot) (seems to be a simple and efficient concept)
      Now,i admit that im pretty Low IQ and for that i cant understand why we SIMPLY dont IP CAP the Hellgate area, to force rats to GTFO or join inside and lose money.
      As a matter of fuck HG is currently fucked up. I'd say that a percentage around 65% is rats (and im containing myself) . WAY TOO HIGH.
      Game was hardcore years ago. We introduced random dungeons. Wonderful. Nothing wrong about it. The amount of fame you can get these days IS INSANELY HIGHER compared to 3 years ago.
      Still people choose to fame farm in hellgates (5vs5 mostly), cause they have free access to this end-game content. 0 efforts to join.
      You know what? i dont care about double healers comps, you know that i kinda always smashed them. Dont even nerf them. What i care is:
      Even if is important to reinforce the chance for a new player to keep himself in line with older in-game population, we must not LACK OF RESPECT to veteran players. We removed GVG, cause a bunch of kids was crying. Fine.
      I gotta admit that crystal league is taking a good direction. But im telling you, to think that adding new contents is more effiective than make the already existing contents MORE COMPETITIVE, IS WRONG.
      Albion is already doing great. Wanna skyrocket even more? REINFORCE THE COMPETITIVE SIDE OF THE GAME and to definitive solve the rat issue inside hellgates it is to going in this direction.
      IF NEW PLAYERS WANT TO FARM THEY MUST ACCESS RANDOM DUNGEONS. Keep in mind what we had to farm 3 years ago.

Albatro
    • Albatron wrote:

So i want them to openly admit that ;)
      Why would they? By making the game more casual gradually they won't lose the respect of veterans as quickly. Veterans aren't what brings them money, but the game still needs veteran players so that casuals have something to look up to and buy gold to reach that. They will always tell you they have your best interest in mind while gutting all of the end game content in favor of casuals. Tale as old as time, happens pretty much in every MMO I've played or heard about.
    • Hellgates are just shit. Like starting from the loot where 2v2 gives better loot than 5v5, which is totally retarded, passing for all the people who go to interrupt you while you're doing the boss and don't let you enter and finishing 90% of hg's, you get rats in 4 flat just ratting to get the fame.

I said 99999 times, this game is each day more and more casual. I still remember in the release where Hg's was the fucking best, all the players wanted to do Hg's, becouse loot was really good, there weren't any cap and you could fight vs the best players in the game. Obviously now, you won't find almost any good players becouse is just a waste of fucking time.

Between CQ + ZERG DEBUFF + CGvG (CAPPED) + Hg's (Capped and Ratted) = The lowest fun I ever had in AO. Literally for WTF do you want now be 400/400? or bring good gear? If everything is capped?
    • SkuzKabel wrote:

Hellgates are just shit. Like starting from the loot where 2v2 gives better loot than 5v5, which is totally retarded, passing for all the people who go to interrupt you while you're doing the boss and don't let you enter and finishing 90% of hg's, you get rats in 4 flat just ratting to get the fame.

I said 99999 times, this game is each day more and more casual. I still remember in the release where Hg's was the fucking best, all the players wanted to do Hg's, becouse loot was really good, there weren't any cap and you could fight vs the best players in the game. Obviously now, you won't find almost any good players becouse is just a waste of fucking time.

Between CQ + ZERG DEBUFF + CGvG (CAPPED) + Hg's (Capped and Ratted) = The lowest fun I ever had in AO. Literally for WTF do you want now be 400/400? or bring good gear? If everything is capped?
      I for sure agree with my brother Skuzkabel. Devs come on. Remember the Dream and make it happen. A world where hippies can be hippies and veterans can be guccis
    • Totally agree. As i always try to say, if people want to play hellgates and dont want to lose that much, you are not denying content from anyone, they can just go play on yellow zone gates. But there was a lot of 4.1 rats with no cape on red zone gates, now there is 4.1 rats + SOLO rats on 5v5 (?) gates after the vod of that guy was spread in the community. You guys already killed gvgs, wich is ok since crystal league improved a lot, but please dont kill red zone gates.
    • Hopefully if enough of us keep bringing awareness to the current state of ratting the devs will listen. How to fix gates is change design and add minimum IP floor to red/black gates.

•HG redesign to be a horse shoe with both teams starting on a side and meeting in a middle point for boss fight. Upon entering the middle area from your side you are locked inside that middle boss area until boss is killed spawning your exit portal. This solves the ability to just run away and minimizes how easy it is today to just run/reset to swap gear. Teams would have to fight or die none of this running in circles garbage.

•Since red/black HG fame/silver rewards are some of the highest in game a minimum gear investment should be expected to enter. I would suggest a minimum IP of say 1100 for entry. Change new soft cap to 1200 with the 20% bonus for anything above.

These changes would make HGs a nice mix of competitive, interesting, and risky to match the rewards while still having a relatively low entry point with how easy it is to fame nowadays.
    • IF this is the path devs will choose to follow (the IP CAP one) i can already suggest you a very fair and INCLUSIVE IP CAP: 1200. is not AT ALL not inclusive. But it makes rat thing not profitable for this "DUDES".
      But i repeat as soon as WE DONT SEE ANYMORE RATS IN 2VS2 AND 5VS5 (or they become very rare) you can choose wathever path you think is better...
      Just make you a question: considering the CONCEPT OF 2VS2 AND 5VS5, is fun of not-casual players LESS VALUABLE than casual's one? In a content supposed to be rewarding for a winning team in a pvp scenario, why fun of rats should be more valuable than fun of people that actually wanna play the content how it is SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYED? (fighting 5vs5 and the winner takes the loot). Cause in case its not clear, everytime we find rats we dont think something like: "oh yes so nice ihihhihih free farm and loot" . Nope. We actually think: " ok, now we will not get any valuable loot from players and no fun in killing these mobs". We are sad. Are content is fucked up. Not to mention that people that like to run as much as they can when they meet enemies and kill non-challenging mobs need a psychiatrist. But that's another story.
    • IMO the fight, mainly in HG 2v2, should be guaranteed.
      It's not funny to run around the map for 30 minuts following mace one hand players with demon/scholar boots and undead cape (as the spears some patches ago).
      After X minutes, when the chest has been open, the fight area should be only on the chest square, or limited enough to force the fight.
    • Magelan wrote:

So the forum is full of "not hardcore enough" now. What a classic.
      So if you don't want the whole game to be dumbed down to the level of the worst players you'll be called a "not hardcore enough" guy by you? Shocking.

Besides, ratting is a horrible way to earn silver/fame unless you're the absolute bottom of the barrel PvPer (and that is a looooooow bar). Yellow gates are better unless you lose every time. A decent setup in 4.2 gear with overcharge in reds is better unless you lose every time. And it's almost impossible to lose every time since there are a lot of these genious rat players who will lose to anyone with a healer in their team.

If you rat you're not only wasting everyone else's time, you're wasting your own time. This is basically griefing, except you don't even realize that you're doing it, so you don't even get the "haha I made that guy mad" 12 year old kid fun.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Thulgrom ().

• Thulgrom wrote:

Magelan wrote:

So the forum is full of "not hardcore enough" now. What a classic.
      So if you don't want the whole game to be dumbed down to the level of the worst players you'll be called a "not hardcore enough" guy by you? Shocking.
      Besides, ratting is a horrible way to earn silver/fame unless you're the absolute bottom of the barrel PvPer (and that is a looooooow bar). Yellow gates are better unless you lose every time. A decent setup in 4.2 gear with overcharge in reds is better unless you lose every time. And it's almost impossible to lose every time since there are a lot of these genious rat players who will lose to anyone with a healer in their team.

If you rat you're not only wasting everyone else's time, you're wasting your own time. This is basically griefing, except you don't even realize that you're doing it, so you don't even get the "haha I made that guy mad" 12 year old kid fun.
      We can eventually get married
    • The answer and all you want is easy..

1) after entering hg u wait 3 mins (doesn't matter if u wait inside or outside - they can change respawn to 3 mins)
      2) upon all entered hg does a matchmaking - ipbased smart.. consequence is 1400 fight 1400, 1000 fight 1000 and solo fights solo
      3) HG reward chest: loot table + fame is completely linked to total IP - gear + spec with some CAP ..that was evaluated by matchmaking

Result: good experience to everyone, good fights and even solo content..risk reward adjusted loot
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

2) upon all entered hg does a matchmaking - ipbased smart.. consequence is 1400 fight 1400, 1000 fight 1000 and solo fights solo
      ill come in t3, and swap to t8 when it start.
      Because things like that is so easy to abuse.

So i dont agree if you have low/hight IP you must fight the same ip.

Ppl who wear good gear, pay more money, so its fair advantage, if the enemy wear t4.

So the ELO will be much more usefully(but also can be abused).

That why, random is ok.

But they should prevent gear swap, and change the stupid circled map.

And i agree with 1,3.