Scamming in Albion

    • Scamming in Albion

      Hi All,

      After playing for 3 months I experience many of scamming in game such as:
      1. People say to giving free silver by dueling him/her with no equipment, but he/she will equip his gear when the duel start to countdown.
      2. People asking my help to fight the pks inside dungeon, lead me inside and I got ganked by many pks inside (turns out they are friends)
      3. People who pt with me in hg and then left the party and kill me after we just waiting for the chest

      These 3 months of playing makes me feel that It's much more easier to progress by doing these scamming. I won't do this myself, but I just felt sorry for the people who goes to this path by playing this game. This will nurture the darkside of us as a human being. There are so many simple solution to prevent it that I'm sure SBI knew it but choose not to implement it. What you guys thought about this mechanism in game? Is it just me who think we need to prevent these type of scamming?
    • There are a lot of ways to scam people.
      As long this game will be a multiplayer game, there will always be ways to scam.

      Naked people dueling for silver is the most brain dead one. If someone wants to give you silver will simply trade it.(even in that case i don't suggest to take it, can be a RTM)

      Dealing with scams in early game can help you in end game. You better lose 10k silver and a T3 ox than 100mil +.
    • Eldwar wrote:

      Hi All,

      After playing for 3 months I experience many of scamming in game such as:
      1. People say to giving free silver by dueling him/her with no equipment, but he/she will equip his gear when the duel start to countdown.
      2. People asking my help to fight the pks inside dungeon, lead me inside and I got ganked by many pks inside (turns out they are friends)
      3. People who pt with me in hg and then left the party and kill me after we just waiting for the chest

      These 3 months of playing makes me feel that It's much more easier to progress by doing these scamming. I won't do this myself, but I just felt sorry for the people who goes to this path by playing this game. This will nurture the darkside of us as a human being. There are so many simple solution to prevent it that I'm sure SBI knew it but choose not to implement it. What you guys thought about this mechanism in game? Is it just me who think we need to prevent these type of scamming?
      The only scam that legitimately needs to be addressed is the Dueling scam, mostly because people don't even really have to try to send a duel to somebody for 657819014 silver and you could accidentally click it while doing other stuff. I feel like duels for money should at least have a secondary confirmation, but bonus points would be locking gear when money is involved.

      Actually I guess I wish Albion just had the dueling arena from Runescape or something. Might even be a decent little addition to the game as that instantly teleported you and your opinion into one of many dueling arenas for the short fight duration.
    • Acoustic wrote:

      Eldwar wrote:

      Hi All,

      After playing for 3 months I experience many of scamming in game such as:
      1. People say to giving free silver by dueling him/her with no equipment, but he/she will equip his gear when the duel start to countdown.
      2. People asking my help to fight the pks inside dungeon, lead me inside and I got ganked by many pks inside (turns out they are friends)
      3. People who pt with me in hg and then left the party and kill me after we just waiting for the chest

      These 3 months of playing makes me feel that It's much more easier to progress by doing these scamming. I won't do this myself, but I just felt sorry for the people who goes to this path by playing this game. This will nurture the darkside of us as a human being. There are so many simple solution to prevent it that I'm sure SBI knew it but choose not to implement it. What you guys thought about this mechanism in game? Is it just me who think we need to prevent these type of scamming?
      The only scam that legitimately needs to be addressed is the Dueling scam, mostly because people don't even really have to try to send a duel to somebody for 657819014 silver and you could accidentally click it while doing other stuff. I feel like duels for money should at least have a secondary confirmation, but bonus points would be locking gear when money is involved.
      Actually I guess I wish Albion just had the dueling arena from Runescape or something. Might even be a decent little addition to the game as that instantly teleported you and your opinion into one of many dueling arenas for the short fight duration.
      That's what i found weird, you can only equip your gear on the countdown but can't change it. I was trying to scam the scammer by using low specs set. I plan to change the set to my main when it countdown. Surprisingly it got locked and I can't change it! LOL
      Fortunately it only 500k bet
    • skyvahaerie wrote:

      This happens since release sadly, it is part of the game. As this is a sandbox game people make their own content and many people are just awful and stoop to that level. Only work around is to play with people you know and trust to some degree.
      Why you say "its part of the game, its sandbox"?

      No, this is the bad game mechanics. Where did you see, player can start duel naked, and gear up, but the opponent who got gear on him, cant do the same?
      Same for other cases, people just abuse not smart game design. Why they are do it here? Because in other games the mechanics was more clever.

      And you can't say "its sandbox mechanics", coth its like say "yes, one player can change gear before duel, and his opponent can not - is sandbox"
      Its like say: you can chose shotgun/rifle/mashingun - and you opponent can use only pistol and cant switch, coth its FPS.

      This cannot be a feature of the genre. Its just a bug.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by iRawr ().

    • iRawr wrote:

      This cannot be a feature of the genre. Its just a bug.
      Come on, it's not a bug. Software bug is a different thing, it's just not perfect design.


      Now back to thread.

      Let's say AO is a boat. Regular players are sailors, and those who abuse poor game design are water. Water will try to find every breach to get inside in order to sink boat and, eventualy, sailors. You can't close all the breaches at once and when you close one, water will still have another to get in. But the less breaches you have, the more chances sailors have to survive. You just need some time to fix everything. And in the end there still will be water around, willing to get aboard over the side.

      So, take a deep breath, post your thread in proper forum section, and just wait. I will upvote, if there is a good suggestion.
    • Eldwar wrote:

      Hi All,

      After playing for 3 months I experience many of scamming in game such as:
      1. People say to giving free silver by dueling him/her with no equipment, but he/she will equip his gear when the duel start to countdown.
      2. People asking my help to fight the pks inside dungeon, lead me inside and I got ganked by many pks inside (turns out they are friends)
      3. People who pt with me in hg and then left the party and kill me after we just waiting for the chest
      Honestly man, that's just you being naive, i've played the game for 9 months and NONE of these 3 sneaky things happened to me, I just never grouped up with someone for a hellgate outside the hellgates discord or my guild, never ever expected free money from someone (That's imo just plain stupid, nothing is free ), and never went into a dungeon to "kill reds" why would I try to get into trouble (In general just dont police reds if you cant handle yourself in 1vX situations, you're just annoying them and probably end up dying to them ).

      Anyway its just new player mistakes that happen to kinda naive people, just learn from it, these things happen in different ways in literally every competitive MMORPG
    • iRawr wrote:

      skyvahaerie wrote:

      This happens since release sadly, it is part of the game. As this is a sandbox game people make their own content and many people are just awful and stoop to that level. Only work around is to play with people you know and trust to some degree.
      Why you say "its part of the game, its sandbox"?

      No, this is the bad game mechanics. Where did you see, player can start duel naked, and gear up, but the opponent who got gear on him, cant do the same?
      Same for other cases, people just abuse not smart game design. Why they are do it here? Because in other games the mechanics was more clever.

      And you can't say "its sandbox mechanics", coth its like say "yes, one player can change gear before duel, and his opponent can not - is sandbox"
      Its like say: you can chose shotgun/rifle/mashingun - and you opponent can use only pistol and cant switch, coth its FPS.

      This cannot be a feature of the genre. Its just a bug.


      As most people have free will, they can choose to not abuse bad game design. But a certain part of the player base are just toxic and feed of others misery. As in most games.