Healing Items General~ UnderPowered

• Healing Items General~ UnderPowered

This is a problem I am having currently, I have switched to being a healer, but a problem I find is not so much with the amount of healing I am doing, it is the Range limit of the Heals, I am completely in range at all times when I have to cast a heal

For Example, if I have a tank in front and Three Ranged Damage Dealers in my party I am standing in front of the ranged damage dealers, and I have to stand in the danger of the skirmish that is taking place just to start casting any form of relief to the Tank or Melee Characters, which makes me stressed out, which makes the experience so less enjoyable, I do not mind being a healer, until I have to actually have to take the extra accommodation to alleviate the situation.

Its bizzare, I know of plenty of ways of killing the healer, but ranging for a healer is waaaay to difficult to comprehend and should possible' be changed so that the amount of healing is actually increased

The post was edited 1 time, last by Madhe ().

• they would use healing reduction skills and purging which is a point of what I am saying.... It is really a quality of life improvement or would be, it would overall increase the ability to heal players by reducing the task of getting closer to the players and would make the overall experience more consolidated because as of now the healing bugs out.....this is what I am saying as a druid healer
    • I made this reply while I was on my phone. . .

You would kill a healer the same way they always are killed, with healing reduction of high amounts of damage. Overall, what kind of question is that, yes, the fact that healers have short range for their skills is a limit to what they are able to do. In fact druid healing bugs out because of the range being so short.
    • nothing makes me more upset in a fight then when one of my dps runs out of my heal range, and then dies as i walk towards them.

if they dont walk away from me they can tank 5+ people assuming i dont get cced into the ground.

its a trade off really, if you want mobile heals use nature, but it sucks because you cant have a weapon with both strong HPS and movement, that would be broken.

its all practice really, make sure youve got the speed cast passive and are spamming flash heal, ride that train until its nerfed.(again? i remember flash heal giving mana back but no aoe heal, with royal hood you had infinite mana without the need for any other mana regen, but prolly healed for less given the lack of aoe healing on the q back then )

nature needs love bad though, its worse than holy at every level of gameplay, sometimes you see rampant in zvz tho
      generic signature
    • Well, my problem is that with nature, if someone goes out of range, yes, you should be able to catch up to them but it becomes a problem when you are not a caster, if you cast out of range you will get close to them(Holy) and cast a healing spell worth 100s of healing power, while in the situation of a nature druid when they go out of range, you have to go find them and they could also just leave the area being how small the cast range is just as easily again.

It does not affect the game as when the casting range is increased, for druid healers, the ability to have multiple instances of a heal is should be advantageous but Holy does the same, and the casting time is actually working in a Holy Healer's advantage against other's in this scenario as they will auto-walk into range and drop a huge heal (Buff Holy's Range Also).

The point is; When you are working more on keeping with the range casting, you become a failure because you're actually doing more than anyone else is in group's and it becomes a real pain, and is completely deterring to being a healer if you are not a Holy Healer, Holy Healing is the stronger of the two healing groups, but a real easy fix that could be done is to increase the range of healing in general, so that we have a more consolidated play when healing.
    • Madhe wrote:

Well, my problem is that with nature, if someone goes out of range, yes, you should be able to catch up to them but it becomes a problem when you are not a caster, if you cast out of range you will get close to them(Holy) and cast a healing spell worth 100s of healing power, while in the situation of a nature druid when they go out of range, you have to go find them and they could also just leave the area being how small the cast range is just as easily again.

It does not affect the game as when the casting range is increased, for druid healers, the ability to have multiple instances of a heal is should be advantageous but Holy does the same, and the casting time is actually working in a Holy Healer's advantage against other's in this scenario as they will auto-walk into range and drop a huge heal (Buff Holy's Range Also).

The point is; When you are working more on keeping with the range casting, you become a failure because you're actually doing more than anyone else is in group's and it becomes a real pain, and is completely deterring to being a healer if you are not a Holy Healer, Holy Healing is the stronger of the two healing groups, but a real easy fix that could be done is to increase the range of healing in general, so that we have a more consolidated play when healing.
      As others mentioned healers would be too strong, some already argue that they are currently too strong anyway.

we healers are also getting even more healing sickness next patch.

sure it would be nice, but it would be OP.

I have healed a lot, i know exactly what you mean, just let those that walk to far away from you die, and heal those that stay nearby in team fights. positioning is key and you cant save a dps that wanders out of his by messing up yours, thats part of the dynamic in place.

like i said its a trade off, you cant really move, but you can put someone to 100% hp in like 2 seconds flat with flash heal spam.
      generic signature
    • I have healed since the launch of albion and I must say the range problem has always been a thing, But to be fair any more range and healers would be OP, One of the biggest jobs for a healer is making sure your DPS/Tanks understand that if they get low they must come back toward there healer, It is one of your jobs to call a dps/tank to come back for heals as they get in tunnel mode and you must get them to stop running forward and come back for heals. Once you understand this and your DPS understand this you will have much better time, Never put yourself out of POS for a dps or tank, It is there job to come to you.
    • Deathskills wrote:

What if you didn't have melee dps and tanks that actually go back towards the healer when they need heals instead of just keep getting farther and be out of position and blame the healer after?
      What I do understand what your saying here, Major confusing. are you saying the people who don't come back always blame the healer? Then well they can blame whoever but its still there fault for not coming back and the ones who do are smart? Also this is why its your job to TELL the people to come back and if they don't they can't blame you?
    • It was mostly the one that don't listen and keep going tbf xD
      I've seen it a lot hence why i said, it, might have mis formulated since obviously you don't let them know they are out of range, they can't possibly come back but at some point, you don't need the healer to tell you to come back, you just do. Cause you don't want the healer to be out of position and be picked on.
    • There is some good healing advice here that I hadn't considered. I've struggled to heal in this game. I'm actually a pretty good healer in most other games. Range, and being in the middle of the chaos is a challenge. Along with the targeting, even with hotkeys. Being able to stay out of the red and at the same time see who needs heals has proven difficult.
    • sandstorm22 wrote:

There is some good healing advice here that I hadn't considered. I've struggled to heal in this game. I'm actually a pretty good healer in most other games. Range, and being in the middle of the chaos is a challenge. Along with the targeting, even with hotkeys. Being able to stay out of the red and at the same time see who needs heals has proven difficult.
      Well most healers when fighting always fight in the back not really the middle, Yes most the time you cannot heal the tank or melee dps because of range but really they need to learn to come back some to grab a few heals then move back up, Really the sweet spot for a healer is uselly next to or behide the frost/range dps. Its the job of the tank and melee dps to come back for the heals, you can stepup alittle bit for your tank or melee dps SOMETIMES but its rare and if done at the wrong time you can be killed easy. Healers POS is the most impormant and good healers have there POS down pat and know when they can stepup a bit or cannot at all, Also telling your tanks or melee dps to come back or when your on cool downs is a big thing. you can also tell your tank or dps when you can move up a bit and to keep pushing. When your team has good pressure on the enemy team is really when you can move up some, If there pushing the team back you can move up some to help keep the pressure by keeping people healed up on your team, Just becareful not to move up too much incase they get a turn and push your tank and dps back into you then you get targeted and killed. Its a fine line and learning the pos is one of the hardest parts, Read your teams movements and the enemys.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Neef ().

• Holy is fine...anymore and it'd become a problem.

Nature yeah needs something reworked I can agree there.

The range is fine on holy...I'm gonna say it again anymore direct/indirect buffs to holy and it'll become a problem. Literally taken years of balancing to get holy in a place where its good but not overpowered.

People got to remember how insanely hard it is for them to have a game like this and have healing be perfectly balanced. It's really not easy at all.