Reputation is still an issue

    • Reputation is still an issue

      Once you're dreaded at -50k, there's nothing you can do but wait 15 days until you are at -19,999, at which point you'll be able to enter red zones from caerleon again, you aren't able to grind reputation back up in those 15 days, all you can do is wait, you can't do HCE's, you can't do dungeons in royals, theres nothing you can do.

      feature or bad game design? ?( ?(

      Discord: Redsaw#6002

      Think before you speak, just because you feel a certain degree of emotion behind your opinion does not make it a fact.
    • Redsaw wrote:

      Once you're dreaded at -50k, there's nothing you can do but wait 15 days until you are at -19,999, at which point you'll be able to enter red zones from caerleon again, you aren't able to grind reputation back up in those 15 days, all you can do is wait, you can't do HCE's, you can't do dungeons in royals, theres nothing you can do.

      feature or bad game design? ?( ?(


      Intentional. If you moderate your gameplay, and stay alive, you can easily rotate between ganking/diving in royals and repping up. The mechanic is there to prevent the royals (a training ground for newer players) from being plagued by experienced players hunting them without remorse.

      Let's be honest, the royals are easy pickings, and most people who are there are either early game players with little pvp experience, or late game players that struggle in pvp. The mechanic is designed to push heavily pvp oriented players into the end game areas. I would say that is great game design.
      Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^
    • Khladraven wrote:

      Redsaw wrote:

      Once you're dreaded at -50k, there's nothing you can do but wait 15 days until you are at -19,999, at which point you'll be able to enter red zones from caerleon again, you aren't able to grind reputation back up in those 15 days, all you can do is wait, you can't do HCE's, you can't do dungeons in royals, theres nothing you can do.

      feature or bad game design? ?( ?(


      Intentional. If you moderate your gameplay, and stay alive, you can easily rotate between ganking/diving in royals and repping up. The mechanic is there to prevent the royals (a training ground for newer players) from being plagued by experienced players hunting them without remorse.
      Let's be honest, the royals are easy pickings, and most people who are there are either early game players with little pvp experience, or late game players that struggle in pvp. The mechanic is designed to push heavily pvp oriented players into the end game areas. I would say that is great game design.
      15 days.
      Discord: Redsaw#6002

      Think before you speak, just because you feel a certain degree of emotion behind your opinion does not make it a fact.
    • Redsaw wrote:

      Once you're dreaded at -50k, there's nothing you can do but wait 15 days until you are at -19,999, at which point you'll be able to enter red zones from caerleon again, you aren't able to grind reputation back up in those 15 days, all you can do is wait, you can't do HCE's, you can't do dungeons in royals, theres nothing you can do.

      feature or bad game design? ?( ?(


      Just que in some Solo Dungeons now and then. You can get Rep back really fast and start hunting again.
    • Redsaw wrote:

      Once you're dreaded at -50k, there's nothing you can do but wait 15 days until you are at -19,999, at which point you'll be able to enter red zones from caerleon again, you aren't able to grind reputation back up in those 15 days, all you can do is wait, you can't do HCE's, you can't do dungeons in royals, theres nothing you can do.

      feature or bad game design? ?( ?(


      You play from beta, you founder, you one of the biggest island owners.
      Why the hell is player like you looking for gank in royals where only new players?
      What else you need to go black? And also you can get rep back by black zone PvE.
    • iRawr wrote:

      Redsaw wrote:

      Once you're dreaded at -50k, there's nothing you can do but wait 15 days until you are at -19,999, at which point you'll be able to enter red zones from caerleon again, you aren't able to grind reputation back up in those 15 days, all you can do is wait, you can't do HCE's, you can't do dungeons in royals, theres nothing you can do.

      feature or bad game design? ?( ?(


      You play from beta, you founder, you one of the biggest island owners.Why the hell is player like you looking for gank in royals where only new players?
      What else you need to go black? And also you can get rep back by black zone PvE.
      No you cant get back Rep by Black Zone PvE.
      And if he wants to hunt Players in RZ let him be.
      I mean there are a lot of Carebears with millions of PvE/Gather Fame that wont enter BZ either. Somebody has to kill them :P
    • Sorry, but I just cannot squeeze a tear over this.

      The game design is so that the big awkward kid who bullies all the other kids on the playground gets a time-out once in a while.

      What I am talking about is the older kid who got left behind and cannot quite find out how to interact with the other kids, so he beats them up instead - starting with the smallest. He fails to understand that fear and respect are two very different things, so he thinks he is a big hotshot PvP player when the other kids run away.

      Don't get me wrong, there needs to be the risk of running into a ganker in the red zone once in a while to ensure that there is a balance between risk and reward. But, red zone should be the stepping stone for PvPers as preparation for 'real PvP' in BZ, not a place to be terrorized by a big a punk who is afraid to pick on someone his own size.

      There is a good reason why the title is Dreaded and not Well-Respected or Hotshot.

      The game mechanic is working as it should be intended!
    • TSkebee wrote:

      Sorry, but I just cannot squeeze a tear over this.

      The game design is so that the big awkward kid who bullies all the other kids on the playground gets a time-out once in a while.

      What I am talking about is the older kid who got left behind and cannot quite find out how to interact with the other kids, so he beats them up instead - starting with the smallest. He fails to understand that fear and respect are two very different things, so he thinks he is a big hotshot PvP player when the other kids run away.

      Don't get me wrong, there needs to be the risk of running into a ganker in the red zone once in a while to ensure that there is a balance between risk and reward. But, red zone should be the stepping stone for PvPers as preparation for 'real PvP' in BZ, not a place to be terrorized by a big a punk who is afraid to pick on someone his own size.

      There is a good reason why the title is Dreaded and not Well-Respected or Hotshot.

      The game mechanic is working as it should be intended!
      thx for a glimpse into your childhood.
      Discord: Redsaw#6002

      Think before you speak, just because you feel a certain degree of emotion behind your opinion does not make it a fact.
    • Many players seem to have a misconception these days about red zones. Many players do not flag up in red zones to kill newbies in fact we avoid shit geared people in most cases because it is not worth the rep loss. The real reason red is popular is because it is the only place in game that exists today for consistent small scale / solo PvP. The BZ is shit for that. As a flagged player you also are constantly at high risk of being gang banged by hoards of blues while also suffering rep penalty. I agree large groups of reds is ridiculous but flagging up as solo or just a few is actually quite dangerous.
    • Tabor wrote:

      Many players seem to have a misconception these days about red zones. Many players do not flag up in red zones to kill newbies in fact we avoid shit geared people in most cases because it is not worth the rep loss. The real reason red is popular is because it is the only place in game that exists today for consistent small scale / solo PvP. The BZ is shit for that. As a flagged player you also are constantly at high risk of being gang banged by hoards of blues while also suffering rep penalty. I agree large groups of reds is ridiculous but flagging up as solo or just a few is actually quite dangerous.
      The red zone also has billions in silver being transported through it. All condensed into a relatively small area.

      I see all these screen shots of people killing a guy in some gear worth 20-30M and getting excited, but you nail the right Ox and its 100M+.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Piddle wrote:

      Tabor wrote:

      Many players seem to have a misconception these days about red zones. Many players do not flag up in red zones to kill newbies in fact we avoid shit geared people in most cases because it is not worth the rep loss. The real reason red is popular is because it is the only place in game that exists today for consistent small scale / solo PvP. The BZ is shit for that. As a flagged player you also are constantly at high risk of being gang banged by hoards of blues while also suffering rep penalty. I agree large groups of reds is ridiculous but flagging up as solo or just a few is actually quite dangerous.
      The red zone also has billions in silver being transported through it. All condensed into a relatively small area.
      I see all these screen shots of people killing a guy in some gear worth 20-30M and getting excited, but you nail the right Ox and its 100M+.
      Black zone have no OXes with billions cargo?

      The difference is, the OXes in red zone have no escort and ride naked coth again, they are new players.
      So the again, real reason they come RZ - looking for new players, for easy kills, with less risk. And this is only one real reason.
      What is ok for new players, but why players like Redsaw doing it?

      Its like see lewpack with sinatra and pewpew, dive blue zone SRD, with faction flag.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by iRawr ().

    • Redsaw wrote:

      Khladraven wrote:

      Redsaw wrote:

      Once you're dreaded at -50k, there's nothing you can do but wait 15 days until you are at -19,999, at which point you'll be able to enter red zones from caerleon again, you aren't able to grind reputation back up in those 15 days, all you can do is wait, you can't do HCE's, you can't do dungeons in royals, theres nothing you can do.

      feature or bad game design? ?( ?(


      Intentional. If you moderate your gameplay, and stay alive, you can easily rotate between ganking/diving in royals and repping up. The mechanic is there to prevent the royals (a training ground for newer players) from being plagued by experienced players hunting them without remorse.Let's be honest, the royals are easy pickings, and most people who are there are either early game players with little pvp experience, or late game players that struggle in pvp. The mechanic is designed to push heavily pvp oriented players into the end game areas. I would say that is great game design.
      15 days.
      No one feels sorry for you. You do the crime you do the time. Be thankful that you even get a release date after committing mass murder.
    • OK, so, my new strategy will be to deflag and fame farm shiftshadow expanse until the reputation clears up, then rinse and repeat.

      Thx for the constructive criticism and your interest in the situation xx
      Discord: Redsaw#6002

      Think before you speak, just because you feel a certain degree of emotion behind your opinion does not make it a fact.
    • Redsaw wrote:

      OK, so, my new strategy will be to deflag and fame farm shiftshadow expanse until the reputation clears up, then rinse and repeat.

      Thx for the constructive criticism and your interest in the situation xx
      Pretty much, solo dungeons work great too. What I was doing was faction flagging and doing solo dungeons. It is great reputation gain, and you make some more money with faction points. Do it in an area an opposing faction is likely to be and you should get some pvp too so it becomes less laborious.

      Past that, stay low rep, rep gains slow down massively at higher reputation boundaries, so sticking between yellow - red rep is best.
      Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^