Smart Cluster Queue

• Wow, this missed the mark completely. This won’t fix the issue. The groups that abuse cluster queuing have enough people to sacrifice for 10 minutes.

They key is the people being zoned out in the first place! If you have a small/medium size group getting half their force zoned out before the initial engage, you’ve already won. The groups abusing cluster queue bring more than enough to justify it.
    • Helthros wrote:

Wow, this missed the mark completely. This won’t fix the issue. The groups that abuse cluster queuing have enough people to sacrifice for 10 minutes.

They key is the people being zoned out in the first place! If you have a small/medium size group getting half their force zoned out before the initial engage, you’ve already won. The groups abusing cluster queue bring more than enough to justify it.
      Hence why abusing this exploit (as mentioned in the video of the dev progress) so TOS (articale 15.5.4) should apply like i mentioned earlier. Since it gives such a huge advantage that actually leads to season points and season rewards potentially, they actively are gaining something, apply the rules to at least the leaderships/zerg leaders that tells the zergs to use this so they are an example of consequences of actively breaching TOS for abusing a bug.
      What's the point of having a rule if it's not enforce at all?
      And the funniest is that most probably the people abusing it are part of the people that have the most to lose from actually having breached the TOS like the devs wording makes it seem so and from an external point of view should apply to the rules since it is a game breaking bug (aka a "severe bug").
    • Wouldn't an instance based ZvZ solve the problem? I mean, you could still get the two guilds fighting for territory in and it would solve the issue with people exploiting the current system. Just have the guild members register for attendance, queue them in when the time comes and no one else can join. This would be separate from the actual cluster, so no one would actually be in the cluster but would instead be in an instanced version of it. Maybe allow for a couple allies to participate if the numbers on one side are significantly lower than the other. Simply allow for guild members and allies to register for the battle, then let's say guild A has 100 registered members while guild B has 40 or so. The guild with the lower number when the time to fight comes (guild B in this example) would have the help from allies, but the number of allies wouldn't go over the number of guild A members.

Maybe I'm not thinking things through, but I think it would solve the problem that is Smart Cluster.
    • although I'm not sure how well this will achieve the desired result, I'm really happy to see SBI taking the cluster que abuse seriously. My alliance is pretty small (1k members total, probably 300 active players) and we have had large guilds/alliances abuse the cluster que to fight us when we normally win in straight up fights. It's a horrible feeling to lose fights because of mechanic abuse and hand holding, and the more these things are disincentivized the better the overall game health.
      I love this game, but my biggest gripes and turn offs from playing are the abuses and hand holding of mega alliances and giant rich guilds.
    • Gratinus wrote:

Please make instance zvz of territory!
      As I suggest:

1. limit the number of guilds that can attack a territory. example 8
      2. limit the number of players per guild who can join the zvz instance. example 50
      3. Create a pyramid-shaped instance where everything funnels into a castle.

I'm not a fan of this at all...Instanced ZvZs would be a huge take away from what good this game offers. I guess if they cannot figure out a way to fix this problem and something like this has to be done I'd be okay with it but cluster queue is horrible I preferred the zone cap over this. We've had people on battle mounts with 1400 IP clustered from zones causing us to lose BMs.

Obviously they need to fix the cluster queueing and stop people from abusing it but I really don't think instanced ZvZ is the way to go.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ViLEuo ().