The NA player advantage #1 | Effective Cast Time = PING + Cast Time

• The NA player advantage #1 | Effective Cast Time = PING + Cast Time

For some reason in Albion 'Effective Cast Time = Ping + Cast Time'
      This makes NA frost / permafrost players have a big advantage compare to player with 100-290 ping. NA flash healer to become 'god' healers (if they know how to play the healer of course). And NA fires to have a way higher casts per minute, procing their (+40% cast speed) passive more faster too.
      Crystal League player with 50ms~ ping have a good amount of advantage when playing these classes, and I believe this is a known fact among a decent amount of 5v5 players. I would like to see this advantage fixed to make it an even / more even playing field.

Effected classes:
      - 0 CD classes.
      - Frost
      - Flash Heal Holy
      - Fire
      - Dps Arcane

Software to simulate higher latency / ping:
      jagt.github.io/clumsy/
      - Tick 'Lag'
      - Preset: 'all sending packets' (or receiving)
      - Tweak the number in 'Delay(ms)' to the desired extra ping
      - Press start
      - Record how many casts you can get off in 1 minute (To test a 1 minute 5v5 fight for example) and compare low and high ping results.

Potential solutions I can think of quickly:
      - Modify the netcode / code.
      or
      - Every spell in game should have a minimum cast time of 1.5 - 2 seconds to lessen the disadvantage.

@Retroman @Mytherceria @Eltharyon
      As a player playing from Australia, I have issues with spells not activating too when they should activate as I pressed the skill (things that can be fixed I would think). If you would like to talk about how we can fix those problems too, you can contact me. I still play Crystals but i have to avoid a lot of weapons / skills.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Rengarne ().

• Imagine people in asia, playing with like 200 or 300 ping, like bruh lol.

Any kind of competition is a joke if one has 50 ping vs someone else having 150 ping or even more. That gives way, wayyyy too high advantange unless one is playing brain dead weapons like light crossbows and such.

When it comes to being able to hit with skillshots or being as a melee, there is nothing worse than high ping
    • to break this unfair state, what i believe is that there should be an average ping of like 100 or 150 for every player. the limit is around 150 for this game to be playable enough, so i m sorry for the australians or people with more ping latency.

lets say player A has average ping of 40. the game server should add 60 ms more artificially and the player should play like he s having 100 ms ping.
      and if player B has an average of 70, again the server should add 30 ms artificially (somehow?) and he should have around 100 ms ping.

or make the total pings for these people 150 ms, for this system to be fairer.

you wanted to create a one server game, you had to think about this problem, in the beginning.

we cant do anything about players with 150+ ms..
    • Well yea, huge ping difference may be ok for casual games. But i never got why SBI talking about "hardcore, full loot pvp game", and cant fix the ping difference.
      Or why make spells with 300ms cast time and 0 CD if they know 80% of players got ping 140+ ms and others is 40 ms.

I just can't see any logically explanation of such design.
    • Lol nobody cares about your ping issues, as long as SBI can milk other regions with their worldwide ads to fool more players who don't know about ping issues, and NA players get their "content" they couldnt care less about your ping.

They can't fix it anyway with their current mindset, as long as they only want "one world" one server, you just have to either suck it up, quit, or wait till there is some advancement in network technology.

In albion's "one world" the players with high ping are the fodder, the players with acceptable ping are their actual demographic. Don't like it? Don't play it.
    • @JustKillMe2
      Thats not right.
      They could build a better netcode, then you wouldnt feel the high ping too moch.
      Also you could build a system like „Exit Lag“ on all important Countries Like Malbourn or Frankfurt. (Would reduce ping by 20-70ms)
      And those two combined would be almost for everyone fair. Than u can give NA players a min Ping of 50 and fixed.
      If you write something nice on my Wall i would apreciate it.
      Have a great day.

Join our PixelForge TeamSpeak!
      PixelForge.at
    • Hello. Im from Argentina and there is a huge difference between a frost from NA (ping 50) than one frost from LAS (ping 170 or +200 which depend on map server). The delay dropping Qs is an excellent example of the unfair differences incast speed.
      I dont know if there is any solution, but i think something can and should be done.
    • AZneA wrote:

Hello. Im from Argentina and there is a huge difference between a frost from NA (ping 50) than one frost from LAS (ping 170 or +200 which depend on map server). The delay dropping Qs is an excellent example of the unfair differences incast speed.
      I dont know if there is any solution, but i think something can and should be done.
      Please tell me how you can fairly mitigate the issue. Since literally if you want to use the competitive aspect of the game, that means players from different regions shouldn't play together/against for fairness due to latency giving one of the sides too much advantages.
      So that's a network issue caused by physical distance, Can't go around it. The best they can do might be to transform a 170-200 ping into 120-150 with extensive optimization and that would still put you a certain advantages. (and that ignores that your provider might be an issue to).
      This is the exact reason that in big esport, Usually, at least from the 16th finalists all play on lan to find the #1 of the tournament, it is to remove the issues that come from none lan competitive matches that relies on too many external networks.

Sorry to know that you have that type of disadvantages, though, there is some other roles that can be played were ping has less of an impact compared to frost (xbow comes in mind for example).