The NA player advantage #1 | Effective Cast Time = PING + Cast Time

• kheeta wrote:

if u are born in ussr and haven’t wash that crap out of your brain - that’s literally your own problemThere’s no fair in the world, no fair in game and no fair in life
      Face it
      Stop complaining how pure you are
      Just do best of you, try harder
      I’m sick to read such idiotic communistic sentences
      И да, я тоже рождён в ссср, только это дерьмо из головы вытравил
      i was not born in the ussr.
      i m not russian or from slavian ethnic.
      i m not a communist.

online chess. equal conditions. guess you needed an example.

"moron."
    • @solventh adding artificial lag can never be a real solution to the problem. It degrades player experience. Whether my opponent has the same latency as me or not, I find it extremely displeasing when I play PvP with anything more than 150ms. I believe that many players would agree. Albion doesn't provide an enjoyable PvP experience for me which is why I play other games if I am searching for thrill and excitement.

@JustKillMe2 the game is not milking its playerbase. It's free to play to begin with. Don't play it if you don't want to. From the moment you begin your tutorial in the game you can notice the high ping. So it's all on you if you keep on playing the game. Premium can be bought with in-game silver. If you are smart enough, you can do it. This game's shop has nothing in common with the shop of a f2p korean MMORPG.

@iRawr not necessarily. The information that no replies from devs gives us could be "we don't have a solution". Running another server could create a number of issues that they are not ready to deal with or simply don't want to deal with because their financial gain wouldn't be sufficient for the extra work they would be putting into maintaining another server. Whatever the case, they wouldn't be providing players with a platform to express their dissatisfaction if they didn't care.

@Binhood pinging developers/administrators is pointless. They have already stated that they read every single thread in the feedback forum. Pinging them will not make them reply. At best it can get you a penalty in my opinion if you don't stop.
      Life is Heaven & Hell is Living
    • Apotosariel wrote:

@solventh adding artificial lag can never be a real solution to the problem. It degrades player experience. Whether my opponent has the same latency as me or not, I find it extremely displeasing when I play PvP with anything more than 150ms. I believe that many players would agree. Albion doesn't provide an enjoyable PvP experience for me which is why I play other games if I am searching for thrill and excitement.
      it seems you didnt understand what was meant by artificial lag. if player A has 50 ms average, the game artificially increases his average latency to 150 ms. if player B has 150 ms average, the game doesnt touch it. the aim is to make each player's average latency around 150 ms (or 100 ms. the choice is up to the devs) to make it fair for at least most of the players.
    • solventh wrote:

Apotosariel wrote:

@solventh adding artificial lag can never be a real solution to the problem. It degrades player experience. Whether my opponent has the same latency as me or not, I find it extremely displeasing when I play PvP with anything more than 150ms. I believe that many players would agree. Albion doesn't provide an enjoyable PvP experience for me which is why I play other games if I am searching for thrill and excitement.
      it seems you didnt understand what was meant by artificial lag. if player A has 50 ms average, the game artificially increases his average latency to 150 ms. if player B has 150 ms average, the game doesnt touch it. the aim is to make each player's average latency around 150 ms (or 100 ms. the choice is up to the devs) to make it fair for at least most of the players.
      Making some players experience worse by making no one having a good latency isn't how you solve issues dude. That's how you kill your game. please tell me a single massive triple A title that does that shit. Oh wait, no one does it since games are develop (usually) in a lag free environment for the most part. Which means that to have the "true" experience on how it was design, you need not to lag or with a ping as close to 0 as possible.
      AKA making a players ping go up because you have shitty internet or live too far from the server is not a valid solution since you worsen a player experience without improving more players experience, you just keep it at let's make it worse for everyone.
      That shit makes no sense. Please stop spewing this non sense here.

One of the reason that SBI didn't comment on the thread too is that the only solution to this is moving the main server to a different country/location. Only they have the numbers of how many % of the population is where.
      Didn't it cross your mind that the server is already at the best location it could be in?
      Don't you think they already thought of most possible solutions for high ping players when their game has been in development for close to 5 years if you go back to Alpha (that is what was playable by people which means there might be 1-3 years of development that happened without us knowing.

I'll watch you play league or dota with every one in the lobby with 150 ping. Oh right, that shit doesn't happen cause it makes no sense since it isn't considered a "playable" ping for moba style game.
      We are lucky that there isn't a kick players above X ping feature like a lot of other games have to protect pvp integrity of every players involved and to prevent people from experiencing the game while playing with too much lags (there might be a feature like this in places but i know it doesn't kick people under 300 ping for sure atm).
      Stop wanting to degrade player experience without improving the experience for more players. This is the only way you could make a drastic change without killing the game. Adding artificial ping isn't the solution.

@Apotosariel I hope you don't have to deal with 150 ping often to pvp! I personally start having trouble if i go over 120 even thought geographically i should almost never go above 50ms xD. Wishing you the best ig!
    • my average is 175 ms and the game is playable around these numbers or even close to 200 ms. the difference shows itself a lot, only when you have someone with 40 ms against you. he\she reacts better cos he sees things faster than you becos of his latency, etc.

whatever, boys. i offered a method to the problem. they have the brain to think about it, etc.

i know they dont have the courage to do this kinda thing, but at least i gave them an alternative.
    • solventh wrote:

my average is 175 ms and the game is playable around these numbers or even close to 200 ms. the difference shows itself a lot, only when you have someone with 40 ms against you. he\she reacts better cos he sees things faster than you becos of his latency, etc.

whatever, boys. i offered a method to the problem. they have the brain to think about it, etc.

i know they dont have the courage to do this kinda thing, but at least i gave them an alternative.
      Your alternative isn't a viable one if they want to keep the game alive sadly. This alternative of yours, if it was that good, would be used by every moba. The issue that your alternative presents literally causes people with 300 ping the right to say, it ain't fair, make everyone 300 ping. You don't solve an issue by making potentially up to half of the community experience worse by artificially inflating their ping and adding latency just because a smaller chunk (still important part) has it a bit worse since if you go down that road, just make everybody 300-400 ping so you are really sure everyone is on an even playing field.
      That just hurt me to even type this since it legit makes no sense from a gameplay perspective, network perspective nor player retention perspective.
      Sad that you don't seem to comprehend why your alternative is literally the worse possible option they can do for both the "competitive" integrity of the game and for trying to make everyone/most of the players have QoL improvements instead of making most of the community have worse QoL just so a way smaller chunk "feels" equals due to either having bad internet, playing on wifi instead of wired or sadly living on the other side of the world.

Heck having multiple "servers" that are link to territory "timers" for their location so not only NA and EU gets territories at their prime time (6-9pm basically for the average day working adult) would be better than artificially inflating ping but again, this would divise the community since NA/EU would never go on maps that are on prime time of APAC due to ping issues so those zones would literally be dead 12-8hours of the day for the most part due to how smaller their community is compared to EU/NA. And EU/NA would keep playing against each other since the ping variance would be of 30 up to like 150 to play on a really East EU "prime time map".

Pretty sure they already talk about all of this way back in the beta's they had since it was the best moment to make those kind of change.
      Oh and i would even mention how having mobile players using 4g/lte/5g networks gives shitty ping even if living close to the actual server location due to the nature of how those networks works when people are moving around. That isn't realistic to expect everyone to have the exact same "experience".

Would be interesting to have someone from the Community management team show updated number on where the huge chunk of the active community is on a world map since this could provide useful insight on what good solutions might be.

At the end of the day, it is up to SBI to chose what they want for the community, they have all the data and I bet they act at the best of their capacity based on what they get from said data.
    • Deathskills wrote:

Your alternative isn't a viable one if they want to keep the game alive sadly. This alternative of yours, if it was that good, would be used by every moba.
      that s because mobas have their continental servers which fix the 150+ ms problem. ,

Deathskills wrote:

The issue that your alternative presents literally causes people with 300 ping the right to say, it ain't fair, make everyone 300 ping.
      stop talking absurd. no one is talking about making each player's average latencty around 300. my offers for albion are 100 or 150 ms as stated above.

i didnt even read the rest of ur long text cos you are only speaking trash.
    • solventh wrote:

Deathskills wrote:

Your alternative isn't a viable one if they want to keep the game alive sadly. This alternative of yours, if it was that good, would be used by every moba.
      that s because mobas have their continental servers which fix the 150+ ms problem. ,
      So you literally just proved my point that you actually don't care for fairness for all and it's only about yourself on that one sadly. This doesn't further the conversation and you aren't providing points to defend your idea since it collapses due to the lacks of flexibility to not diminish the current gameplay experience of the certain majority of the game population.

solventh wrote:

Deathskills wrote:

The issue that your alternative presents literally causes people with 300 ping the right to say, it ain't fair, make everyone 300 ping.
      stop talking absurd. no one is talking about making each player's average latencty around 300. my offers for albion are 100 or 150 ms as stated above.
      i didnt even read the rest of ur long text cos you are only speaking trash.
      Same as I just said. Having virtual ping inflation to 100-150 would legitimize your claim for fairness and would also legitimize their claim to have everyone else pings to be raised even higher for "fairness". You would be enabling that which would end up happening too most probably. If most of the population plays with 150 ping (like 51%+) no one is going to enjoy any of the skillshot weapons since latency kills those weapon to be remotely playable. so you'd either get a stupid auto target ez game that anyone can be good at and effectively remove the current skill ceiling to put it so low that it wouldn't even matter whether you are full specs and know every counter and positionning since welp, you can't really dodge an auto target attack that isn't a skillshot a part of "blocking" it with another spell or going invisible.

This wouldn't be fun to play so the game population would drastically decrease.

And regarding you not reading what I wrote, this again shows how not interested and vested in the betterment of the game for most of the game population just so you can yourself, selfishly, not get a better experience, but makes others experience worse just because you have it worse. A.k.a You lag so i must lag too? that is none sense.

I do trust the devs that they already looked up the server hosting situation and location towards what's best for the game when they swap to a new hosting company shortly after f2p launch due to the main hosting company getting heavily ddos and the uptime of the game being affected drastically by it and the latency of everyone (hence why we got the rubberband boots as a gift) close to a year ago.

They had the perfect occasion to swap the location of the server at that point and, weirdly enough, the servers are still in NA atm. Did they verify the location of the majority of the population or did they just get the first available hosting company that could fit the "current" needs of back then. Only SBI knows.
    • This thread is 70% artificial ping discussion, do we have examples of this ever done in any mmo?

If the game grow enough it will be impossible to not add another server (EU), you can't just keep adding more maps (not taking in consideration RoA because we don't know exactly how they will work and the amount of new maps added) so that could be a long term solution,

They're pushing mobile gameplay so we can't expect to keep a "Hardcore PvP", there're no fair conditions anywhere... Spell Queue is the short-term solution, like OP said the addition of a short casting time to most instant spells is ideal, not having 0 CD spells would help too.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Maszke ().

• A simple solution for the difference of lag is to intanciate Cristal fights by region: EU, ASIA, AFRICA, RUSSIA, US, US-south , AUSTRALIA.
      And reward the top 1 of each region in the off-season.
      That way we all keep our ping, but the fight is more fair.

For open world, its impossible to fix it because of the one server policy.
      Or we limit the number of request, to the server, per second to 10.
    • kheeta wrote:

mrVduch wrote:

I play with 170 ping. Casters clases are unplayeble for me in pvp.
      Increasing GCD a bit and adding a spell queue will help I think.
      Lolwhat?Ping doesn’t matter on 99% of casters because almost all of them have targeted skills
      It matters only with non-target skill shots
      Casters like crossbow/fire/curse with 300 ping could kill skillshot builds with 180 ping easily
      Lolthat! Welcome to the math world..

The beginning of the casting of the next spell starts only after the cast of the previous spell

Fire mage with all passivse have around 300 ms cast speed on Q + my 170 ms ping - 470
      just calculate losse of dps againts guy with 40 ms ping within 1 minute of the battle

By the way crossbow and curse is ok, becouse have long CD on Q's. The problem are Q's without CD and short cast time

I dont talk about how hard to land skillshots. I just need spell queue to cast the same amount of spell as NA player.

The post was edited 1 time, last by mrVduch ().