The NA player advantage #1 | Effective Cast Time = PING + Cast Time

• Creating more lag which makes targeting shit and inacurate for everyone isn't solution. That's creating more issues. You don't add lag, you remove it. Your solution creates lag for player just to deteriorate their experience because X amount of people or a part of the community is have a worse experience due to this. Why do you think they do competitive by region usually and not on a single global server, it is so you have as close as possible to the "real" experience the game is supposed to be. (ideally it would be with close to 0-1 ping that is experienced in a lan environment).
    • solventh wrote:

Deathskills wrote:

You don't add lag, you remove it.
      you can not decrease 250 ms ping latency down to 40 or 50.
      you can not remove it cause it s physical. it cannot be done with today's technology etc. nobody can do it.

so stop talking nonsense.
      Exactly my point. you can transform 250 to maybe 200 or 170. But it is a physical limitation. Hence why huge competition are usually played out in a Lan setting.
      So why remove the competitiveness and give occasion to have bug get into the fights by adding latency to players who have a "normal" connection based on their location just because someone else is farther from the server?
      True it ain't "fair" to the people with high ping due to not living in the country the closest to the servers, but it doesn't remove the fact that adding way more latency can start to remove part of the skillcap and add bugs that can be created from high latency.
      Look at LoL and Dota, they never have huge online tournaments putting people from NA against people from APAC. It just makes no sense since lag would drastically affect the competitiveness integrity.
    • Deathskills wrote:

because someone else is farther from the server?
      2 years ago ao population was like, 50% from the americas and the other half was from the rest of the world.

so the game population outside north america is like around 65 to 70% maybe even more.

that someone else is two thirds of the population.

i believe artificial lag s a very good idea that can be tried to be implemented. it seems weird cos it has never been tried before.

telling negative sides of it wont change the general result: fairer online gaming among players.
    • solventh wrote:

Deathskills wrote:

because someone else is farther from the server?
      2 years ago ao population was like, 50% from the americas and the other half was from the rest of the world.
      so the game population outside north america is like around 65 to 70% maybe even more.

that someone else is two thirds of the population.

i believe artificial lag s a very good idea that can be tried to be implemented. it seems weird cos it has never been tried before.

telling negative sides of it wont change the general result: fairer online gaming among players.
      The issues is that by artificially adding ping you are actively creating lag and diminishing the global experience for those players just because some other players have a worse experience. It's like, well your pc can have 32Gb of ram but since a lot of guys only have 2Gb, we will prevent you the software from using more than 2Gb.
      It makes no sense.
      Oh, my download time for patches is really short because i have gigabit internet but since that other guy only has 10Mbps, im gonna get throttled at 10Mbps too even tho i have literally 100x speed due to the service i am paying for to have said speed and due to me having equipment supporting said speed.

I would agree that if the majority of the player base (60%+) is close to europe data centers potential location, it would make sense to make the switch there instead of keeping it in the USA.
      We do not have those numbers currently unfortunately (SBI does have the numbers tbf).

You can't make everyone experience worse just because a part of the player base have issues with ping. It literally would but the "real" game experience farther to way it was design to be since it obviously ain't build to be played at 200+ping for everyone.
      Obviously that doesn't mean they don't need to try to make it enjoyable/playable.

The reason why moving data center in middle of europe might be better is it would make everyone from the EMEA region have a better experience, would potentially make APAC have a better experience while making EUS/CUS have a 100-125 ping experience (which is currently what players from WEU are getting) and WUS to 150-200 ping.

It is to SBI to chose what the appropriate solution is regarding this, but i can tell you that making the experience for a decent chunk of the population worse just because other players have it worse then them currently is not the solution. That's how you kill your online game. Moving data center will make experience worse for NA but will make it way better for EU players. The only downside is that this game has a huge Brazilian/Portuguese population too that needs to be taken into consideration. If it is mostly Brazilian, and they count for a majority of the population when added with NA players, moving data centers to Europe will literally give them 250-300 ping which is gonna be worse than the 120-200 ping they already have.
    • Deathskills wrote:

It makes no sense.
      it makes "close to fair playing experience among all players around the world." what is your average ping latency in this game btw?

Deathskills wrote:

You can't make everyone experience worse just because a part of the player base have issues with ping.
      you can do it when 2/3 of your players have 100 to 300 ms while 1/3 have 20 to 80. so stop using jackal words to support your opinion. 1/3 is not everyone. and 2/3 is not "part" but the (close to) majority.

Deathskills wrote:

The reason why moving data center in middle of europe might be better is it would make everyone from the EMEA region have a better experience, would potentially make APAC have a better experience while making EUS/CUS have a 100-125 ping experience (which is currently what players from WEU are getting) and WUS to 150-200 ping.
      before i had this artificial lag idea i had the same idea. it would help to some degree instead of an american location for sure, but artifical lag would help more imo.

Deathskills wrote:

That's how you kill your online game.
      this game is only alive because of last year's f2p engagement. and it had been the last risk they took. no bullets left.

The post was edited 4 times, last by solventh ().

• I tell you the solution, and i already post it many times.

If some kind of CDN/VPN networks can reduce ping for users, but they need to pay for it.

Company actually can use such solution on they side for they project, to allow it to they users. Reduce ping to they servers from all over the world.

Just looks like SBI using bad one, or not using it at all. (If side solution can do it from user side, then SBI solution is not the best for sure).
    • sandstorm22 wrote:

lol @ adding artificial lag. At first read I thought maybe it was a sarcasm post. Degrade a users experience because he/she has a good connection to make it more fair for everyone? clap
      let me guess. 1: u r from the us. 2: thus, you were born in a capitalist system where it made you to believe that capitalist system is natural and should be implemented in everything you can think about.
    • solventh wrote:

sandstorm22 wrote:

lol @ adding artificial lag. At first read I thought maybe it was a sarcasm post. Degrade a users experience because he/she has a good connection to make it more fair for everyone? clap
      let me guess. 1: u r from the us. 2: thus, you were born in a capitalist system where it made you to believe that capitalist system is natural and should be implemented in everything you can think about.
      :S ?( :huh:
    • sandstorm22 wrote:

No, it is important to be very clear here. He doesn't want it more fair for everyone. He wants just enough artifical lag added to the game that he is equal. He makes it clear that he doesn't care about anyone with a worse ping than he has.

solventh wrote:

to break this unfair state, what i believe is that there should be an average ping of like 100 or 150 for every player. the limit is around 150 for this game to be playable enough, so i m sorry for the australians or people with more ping latency.

This is the "equality" he wants.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Piddle wrote:

No, it is important to be very clear here. He doesn't want it more fair for everyone. He wants just enough artifical lag added to the game that he is equal. He makes it clear that he doesn't care about anyone with a worse ping than he has.

solventh wrote:

to break this unfair state, what i believe is that there should be an average ping of like 100 or 150 for every player. the limit is around 150 for this game to be playable enough, so i m sorry for the australians or people with more ping latency.
      This is the "equality" he wants.
      what kinda moron are you? there s no computer tech to make everyone join ONE mmo server in the world and expect all of them to be under 250 ms ping latency. moving the server to the uk might help a little bit compared to the us (for some of us), i believe, but there will still be people with 250+ ms.

my idea tries to make the system "more" fair. not the most fair. and nothing can fix it totally.

you have a better idea? let s hear, moron.

The post was edited 2 times, last by solventh ().