Great Axe New Buff ~

• Great Axe New Buff ~

as the title implies, I believe Great Axes should be given a unbreakable-able Berserker Spin, or the (e) - Ability should be changed so that the cast cannot be interrupted, this would actually be a real assist in every mode of play consider how easily the attack is broken with anytype of interrupt, that would include a claw users (e)- ability but if you're fighting with a claw, maybe you should bring back-up anyway...

Maybe something to consider, as I am a Dagger User ` in the dagger tree we have shadow's edge, we use it for interupts, claw (e) ability is not a stun but it does interrupt. . .'

and everything else, interrupts this skill from any use, and I'm fine with hard stuns being able to interrupt this attack, but if it actually had some kind of better functionality in it's use then it would be a great consider-able difference, Axes are really stronger despite that being a downside, and I could easily put in for the skill being buffed as I am current running through with it and it is garbage, ablsolutely garrabage,,,,

The post was edited 2 times, last by Madhe ().

• I may be over reacting about saying the skill is garbage, but everything destroys this skill, and when it does, the damage goes down incredible. . . .

Yes, players should be punished, but consider it as a reality, Axe Players want the Berserker Spin (Whirlspin) (E) - Ability; To be Unbreakable
    • I have a better solution to greataxe.

Make the cooldown and energy cost dynamic, based on the channeling time.

Example:

If the player could stay spinning the entire channeling time, the CD and energy cost will be the way it is today.

If the player cancel (or be canceled) in the middle of the ability, the cd will lasts half of the normal time and the energy cost will be half of the commom cost.
    • I understand a complaint about the energy cost, the energy cost is kind of high, but the skill should be modified in my opinion to take in consideration of how easily the skill is broken, and how often you have to actually use it without some kind of compensation
    • Reduce energy cost by at least 20%

Make adrenaline boost to make you unreflectable.

The problem with greataxe spin is that almost Anything can counter it.

Here is a list of things that can counter the spin:
      1) Interrupt
      2) Root and moving away
      3) Silence
      4) Stun
      5) Slow and moving away
      6) Mobility - just running away - simply almost any shoes ability.
      7) Assassin Jacket
      8) Hellion Hood and such
      That´s a big problem.

For example the W on frost has even lower CD than spin and it interrupts it, which is a bit oof.

It would be nice if there was a change to make it less susceptible to interrupts, as now it´s way too easy to evade it.

So either make it less counterable, or : make it stronger. How ? Refreshing bleed while spinning but not increasing the stacks, or make it unreflectable.
    • Borbarad wrote:

Reduce energy cost by at least 20%

1) Interrupt
      2) Root and moving away
      3) Silence
      4) Stun
      5) Slow and moving away
      7) Assassin Jacket
      8) Hellion Hood and such
      That´s a big problem.

For example the W on frost has even lower CD than spin and it interrupts it, which is a bit oof.

It would be nice if there was a change to make it less susceptible to interrupts, as now it´s way too easy to evade it.

So either make it less counterable, or : make it stronger. How ? Refreshing bleed while spinning but not increasing the stacks, or make it unreflectable.
      Ya, the GreatAxe does a lot of damage and players maybe should be rewarded for stopping it but real damage builds do beat this and I agree with what you are saying; When using adrenaline boost currently I cannot see the damage being that great, but this is kind of just what I am figuring from solo content. . . just an idea. . . .

also, I just got raging blades on this character and it is absolutely blasting

The post was edited 1 time, last by Madhe ().

• Borbarad wrote:

1) Interrupt
      2) Root and moving away
      3) Silence
      4) Stun
      5) Slow and moving away
      7) Assassin Jacket
      8) Hellion Hood and such
      That´s a big problem.

I am sorry, what AoE skill with great DpS or huge damage skill can not be countered by all of this?
      Blazing?
      Brimstone?
      Hellion jacket?

All of it can be countered/interrupted/silenced/ purged.

Also the most skills damage can not be redirected. So players can just walk away from damage.

And you wanna skill, deal alot of DPS, that you can move for the full duration of DPS.

Uninterruptable? How about all other weapons/skill then?

Make blazing staff instant cast, and let the player move it 50% faster then regular move speed of the player. Will you like it? Then why you ask it for Axe?

The post was edited 3 times, last by iRawr ().

• iRawr wrote:

Borbarad wrote:

1) Interrupt
      2) Root and moving away
      3) Silence
      4) Stun
      5) Slow and moving away
      7) Assassin Jacket
      8) Hellion Hood and such
      That´s a big problem.

I am sorry, what AoE skill with great DpS or huge damage skill can not be countered by all of this?Blazing?
      Brimstone?
      Hellion jacket?

Also the most skills damage can not be redirected. So players can just walk away from damage.

And you wanna skill, deal alot of DPS, that you can move for the full duration of DPS.

Make blazing staff instant cast, and let the player move it 50% faster then regular move speed of the player. Will you like it? Then why you ask it for Axe?
      I think he talk about time of channeling. Coz GA channeling is too long (adn drawing as all axe) - so anyone can counter it. And for example other weapons (swords, spears) have aoe damage wich harder to counter. Coz its not too long. I hope u understand me=)
    • guys if you make everything unreflectable, just remove all the reflects from the game.
      I think it's just unfair that, for example 1h curse and crossbow, are exempted from reflect.
      And for your information, the unreflectability of 1h curse E was due not to balance GIGAOP hunter hood but because of parry strike 8 sec cd , AOE damage, parry reflect plus silence.

Btw great axe is one of the most simple weapon to deal tons of damage AOE. It has also a buff on movement speed.
      It will be at least overpowered to have it without channeling interruption or unreflectable.

I agree completely with whom suggest the decreased mana cost. Any melee (maybe spears) are absolutely fine with mana usage.
      Axes bleed mana...
    • iRawr wrote:

Borbarad wrote:

1) Interrupt
      2) Root and moving away
      3) Silence
      4) Stun
      5) Slow and moving away
      7) Assassin Jacket
      8) Hellion Hood and such
      That´s a big problem.

I am sorry, what AoE skill with great DpS or huge damage skill can not be countered by all of this?Blazing?
      Brimstone?
      Hellion jacket?

Yes, Absolutely, it is reasonable to assume things that are not current when they are not an issue, I would love to have more damage....it was something easily construed by the experience of the game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Madhe ().

• The Energy costs should rly be lowered. Because of the high energy costs you have to take
      a Lymhurst Cape or Armorpieces that give you Energy Regen.

And for the whole interrupt and stun thing. Yes its annoying. But most spells can be interrupted.

And I dont think every weapon most be for PVE,PVP,ZVZ or other things.

I think Greataxe is good for Solo PVE and making it good for everything would take so much balancing.
      T8 Greataxe Main
      T6 Mace Tank

The post was edited 1 time, last by Olafxder: to fit the topic better ().

• Gibba wrote:

It will become too bursty equart.. If you wear knight helm and graveguard boots no one can stop you (if he doesn't have purge).
      That´s very situational and then you are a sitting duck, not to mention you can still be silenced, interrupted and such.

It would make sense. After all, 5 seconds is way too long. During that time, people can interrupt, silence you, root you or anything - not to mention even one reflects essentially kills you.

Reducing spin from 5 to lets say 3 seconds would make it more viable. Not great, but more viable. 3 seconds is after all a quite a long time anyway.

Or just 3 seconds and reduced damage by 20% or whatever